FTA-TV Game of Thrones S05- No book talk, no spoilers, no alluding to anything that hasn't aired in Aust

Remove this Banner Ad

lhj8CSY.jpg

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/06/game-of-thrones-finale-cliffhangers

Jon Snow is dead and Kit Harrington has said he won't be returning to the show.

Stannis is definitely dead, director said showing his death would have been 'gratuitous' :drunk:

Sansa and Theon are alive :rainbow:

But if that is the case the entire scene was handled awfully. To kill off one character by throwing them off a 50ft drop and then follow that immediately by having two characters jump from the same height, how can you expect the audience to know they're alive?

Myrcella definitely dead as is Meryn Trant (no surprises there.)

This whole article just confirms how poorly the entire episode was written/directed (Apart from the Walk of Shame, that was brilliantly handled).

Last edited:
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/06/game-of-thrones-finale-cliffhangers

Sansa and Theon are alive :rainbow:

But if that is the case the entire scene was handled awfully. To kill off one character by throwing them off a 50ft drop and then follow that immediately by having two characters jump from the same height, how can you expect the audience to know they're alive?

How much snow was outside? How much snow was inside? I guess there was a (let's say 6ft) better cushion outside....

The thought never even crossed my mind that Theon and Sansa may be dead. I figured it was obvious they were using the snow to cushion the jump.

Ramsay's girl had no such safety net.
100% agree. They made a conscious decision to jump into a huge amount of snow. Also they didnt land on their face like Ramsay's side piece

How much snow was outside? How much snow was inside? I guess there was a (let's say 6ft) better cushion outside....

i reckon we need to consult someone who is intimate in knowledge of snow and ice

2013-11-23-grofffrozen.jpeg

he and anna survived a similar, if not higher, jump/fall in frozen. he mentioned "There's twenty feet of fresh powder down there, it'll be like landing on a pillow."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thought never even crossed my mind that Theon and Sansa may be dead. I figured it was obvious they were using the snow to cushion the jump.

Ramsay's girl had no such safety net.

Then show them landing and being ok. We had no indication that they would be ok and considering everything both characters have been through it made sense to me that they would both see death as a good way out.

Poor visual storytelling.

I find characters map difficult to understand, especially ones with a large number of characters to follow.
The formatting on that one is horrible.

The Greyjoy sigil looks like a sketch of the female reproductive system.

Renly and Stannis' stag always reminded me of a different logo
latest

Then show them landing and being ok. We had no indication that they would be ok and considering everything both characters have been through it made sense to me that they would both see death as a good way out.

Never heard of a cliffhanger?

Never heard of a cliffhanger?

What a great end of season cliffhanger! Coming out a few days later and removing any tension or speculation from the equation by announcing that they both survived is a bold move though.

Poor interpretation. Was obvious they werent jumping to their death.

I don't know why people are coming out and saying that Jon is dead, we know that. We just don't think he's going to stay dead. And if he comes back a little bit different (which is excusable under the circumstances imo) well I guess that means the original Jon is gone forever. Weasel words, weasel words everywhere

Poor interpretation. Was obvious they werent jumping to their death.

I disagree that it was obvious. They had just shown someone falling to their death from the same height. Every other character that has fallen from a great height in this show has either died or been severely crippled. The show needed to be more clear about what happened if they wanted to do that. Also I think its very cheap that they can even survive that fall so easily. Hard to suspend my disbelief when the show tries to be realistic in this regard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back