FTA-TV Game of Thrones S05- No book talk, no spoilers, no alluding to anything that hasn't aired in Aust

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know why people are coming out and saying that Jon is dead, we know that. We just don't think he's going to stay dead. And if he comes back a little bit different (which is excusable under the circumstances imo) well I guess that means the original Jon is gone forever. Weasel words, weasel words everywhere

but is jon dead really?

I disagree that it was obvious. They had just shown someone falling to their death from the same height. Every other character that has fallen from a great height in this show has either died or been severely crippled. The show needed to be more clear about what happened if they wanted to do that. Also I think its very cheap that they can even survive that fall so easily. Hard to suspend my disbelief when the show tries to be realistic in this regard.

You've never jumper into snow before have you? Myranda lands on what is clearly hard floor possibly stones, when Theon and Sansa look down all we see is white snow impossible to tell how much so it's entirely believable it's a fair bit being the north and winter.

You've never jumper into snow before have you? Myranda lands on what is clearly hard floor possibly stones, when Theon and Sansa look down all we see is white snow impossible to tell how much so it's entirely believable it's a fair bit being the north and winter.

This is why I think they should have shown them landing. There were a few scenes in the episode where it wasn't really clear what happened. Apart from this there was Stannis' death, and Arya's blinding (I actually liked that though)

I just think that if it wasn't supposed to be a cliffhanger. Don't film it like one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is why I think they should have shown them landing. There were a few scenes in the episode where it wasn't really clear what happened. Apart from this there was Stannis' death, and Arya's blinding (I actually liked that though)

I just think that if it wasn't supposed to be a cliffhanger. Don't film it like one.

but it is...... it's the last episode all of those things are cliffhangers

This guy jumped 255 feet off a cliff before landing in snow. (skip to 1 min mark)

When they jumped from winterfell they could have just as well have been jumping into ice, or a foot of snow covering rocks. It would have been easy to show them living after the fall. Either have them fall into deep snow before cutting or have something to compare the depth of the snow to. Maybe a half buried tree or something. Just saying the scene could have been handled better.

but it is...... it's the last episode all of those things are cliffhangers

How is it a cliff hanger if the creators of the show tell everyone a couple of days later that it was supposed to be clear that they lived?

When they jumped from winterfell they could have just as well have been jumping into ice, or a foot of snow covering rocks. It would have been easy to show them living after the fall. Either have them fall into deep snow before cutting or have something to compare the depth of the snow to. Maybe a half buried tree or something. Just saying the scene could have been handled better.
There wouldnt be jagged rocks or trees or anything at the base of a castles wall - you cant have anything that may hide attackers or help them climb the walls in any way

Could be icey though

How is it a cliff hanger if the creators of the show tell everyone a couple of days later that it was supposed to be clear that they lived?

I haven't heard anything about that, and most people that have normal lives and jobs and don't spend their time reading quotes from the creators wouldn't have seen it either.

It was however obvious by the fact that snow is soft as **** and you can jump from ages up and not get hurt. Of all the things to pick at from this season, this has to be up there as the stupidest

I haven't heard anything about that, and most people that have normal lives and jobs and don't spend their time reading quotes from the creators wouldn't have seen it either.

It was however obvious by the fact that snow is soft as **** and you can jump from ages up and not get hurt. Of all the things to pick at from this season, this has to be up there as the stupidest

Wait so is it a cliffhanger or was it obvious that they survived because of the snow? You're contradicting yourself now and it just proves my point that the scene in question could have been handled better.

Popped up on my facebook feed and posted on the previous page: http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/06/game-of-thrones-finale-cliffhangers

Vanity Fair is so obscure though. I guess anyone with a life would never see this, instead they would talk about it exclusively on bigfooty.

There wouldnt be jagged rocks or trees or anything at the base of a castles wall - you cant have anything that may hide attackers or help them climb the walls in any way

Could be icey though

possibly the most dangerous thing about the jump was the launch. as you said it could have been icy from up there.

Theon and Sansa spent most of their lives at Winterfell.

They knew what they were doing (ie where to jump safely)

I didn't really even consider that they were jumping to their deaths

good post, certainly gave me something to think about. their knowledge of the place probably played a part in their jump plan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back