James Hird will “eventually” get sacked by Essendon, says Mark Thompson

Remove this Banner Ad

"Eventually" meaning after the players are found guilty. Because Hird has his club by the balls, he's not going to get the sack so easily.
Are you sure its James that has the club by the balls? I am thinking it is Tanya for obvious reasons!

Hird won't be sacked, they will not sack a club champion and great strategic thinker. Things will turn around soon, the club has had a difficult draw and the reckless and baseless decision by WADA to appeal has had a negative impact on the players. Trust ASADA and WADA to try and ruin another season for the bombers

Hird won't be sacked, they will not sack a club champion and great strategic thinker. Things will turn around soon, the club has had a difficult draw and the reckless and baseless decision by WADA to appeal has had a negative impact on the players. Trust ASADA and WADA to try and ruin another season for the bombers

Put down the small glass of red liquid

care to reply to the content of the post rather than making cheap personal attacks?

Not really

It's too Jonestown-like a statement

- they will not sack a club champion
- great strategic thinker.
- Things will turn around soon
- baseless decision by WADA to appeal
- Trust ASADA and WADA to try and ruin another

Talk about drinking the koolaid

Not really

They are all facts and unless you can show some evidence to the level of reasonable satisfaction to disprove them, I suggest you stay away from the cheap personal attacks and insulting references to historical incidents where numerous people were killed that have no relationship to the Essendon 34.

Even without the drug saga you would think he wouldn't be safe purely on performance. He was always a strange choice as coach considering he had no prior experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bomber isn't a fan, and the losses are making it easier for him to have his say.
It's easier also because he isn't pulling the coaching string any more. This year is simply confirmation of what we actually knew all along - Thompson was the brains, he was the actual coach.

It's also why it shits me that he doesn't get more blame for all of this. He's flown under the radar quite nicely.

They are all facts and unless you can show some evidence to the level of reasonable satisfaction to disprove them, I suggest you stay away from the cheap personal attacks and insulting references to historical incidents where numerous people were killed that have no relationship to the Essendon 34.

Assuming you're a troll. Because none of them are facts, they're opinions, and the probability is they'll all be wrong.

I just saw Mr. Hirds post game Presser. I don't think EFC will dismiss Hird, he will resign and do the honorable thing not to forget what's best for the club. (Before he get's the flick anyway).

He's only a shell of the man he was judging by his demeanor. Still, when you fly by the seat of your pants and have nobody to carry your bags, life is like that. For the record, my opinion if 'off the record' just in case Chip rings.;)

Last edited:
What has he and not Tania done to show that he is a strategic thinker as a coach?

What has he and not Tania done to show that he is a strategic thinker as a coach?
If stagnant ball movement, going into games without a ruckman, and assembling the most destructive behind scoring forward line in the game isn't evidence enough of his tactical nous, then I'm afraid there is no hope for you.

This whole SALADA thing is just a clever ruse by Jim to clear out the s**t trucks on his list in one fell swoop.

Don't most coaches eventually get sacked? Very few leave on own terms - can only think of Roos at Sydney, Malthouse at Collingwood Allan jeans at hawthorn (illness), bomber at cats.

Not really

Talk about drinking the koolaid
Statements are true - from a certain point of view.

Club champion - yes - as was Knights (Peter), buckenara walls, Parkin, Bartlett all who were sacked.
Strategic thinker - yes, strategically planning a post football exit with his business course and being paid $1 million to not coach in 2013.
Things will turn around - in which direction, can certainly get worse
Baseless decision to appeal - because the events are all media propaganda (well that's what hird believes). But closing your eyes and wishing don't make it true
Trust asada and WADA to ruin another- ruin a suspect injection Regime where none can say what was taken.

Bomber isn't a fan, and the losses are making it easier for him to have his say.
This is the first time he has talked about Hird without sounding like he is lying or holding something back. I have no doubt at all there are more than a few issues between Thompson and Hird

Remove this Banner Ad

Back