Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Definitely, but I can see us going past Melbourne and even the saints. Wouldn't be a true reflection on this horror year if we end up with pick 5.

13th beckons after a good run home.

All the better if the form of Kreuzer, Hendo, Cripps, Graham, Buckley, Holman, Bell, Casboult stand up along with hopeful upcoming inclusions Boekhorst, Whiley, Johnson, Fields etc. Top that off with a strong end of season by Menzel with a successful return of Byrne from injury (Giles & Sheehan in the NB's) & Jaksch showing more and we're into the "rebuild" in good fashion before hitting the draft.

Geelong source, friend of a friend, Hendo to Geelong pretty much a done deal

:(

Time will tell

Wouldn't surprise me, but he has looked much happier in the last couple of weeks.
Geelong would be a great club to deal with come trade time, but i'm not sure where he fits in there either forward or back.
Hawkins, Clark and Kersten up front and Taylor, Lonegan & Rivers down back.

Wouldn't surprise me, but he has looked much happier in the last couple of weeks.
Geelong would be a great club to deal with come trade time, but i'm not sure where he fits in there either forward or back.

Easily has Kersten covered but think he would probably rotate with Taylor forward and back.

That back line is 29, 31 and 30 years old.

Offers an upgrade by age if not purely on talent?

A bit of dealing that may be required including TPP management. Dangerfield, S.Selwood & Hendo talked up as being on their radar. Got to give to get these days unless FA is gained (Adelaide matching any Dangerfield will good for us if it reverts to a trade, same with Selwood Jnr) and Motlop is supposedly being the one to be nominated as on the way out so far. Kersten to the Dockers perhaps but I'd imagine Geelong would be selling Hendo as a return to a top class defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be disappointed in Hendo if he left.

Nobody even knew who he was when we accepted him for Fevola. He had played a handful of games and we were that desperate to get rid of Fev we accepted what was unders (at the time) and took him on.

He took a while to find his feet but we continued to play him and we showed pretty good patience in my opinion. A lot of his development should be credited to Ratts.

I'd be pretty dirty on him if he left, to be honest.

Don't know if rumour, or not, not sure if you guys know this or not lol but stuff it I'll post it anyway.

So I was talking to my friend from Dandy high yesterday, he told me he recently spoke to Adam Treloar from Gws (we all went to school together), says Adam told him hes been training with Judd? Didn't say when he was training with him though.

Yeah idk, thought I'd post it, see what you guys make of it lol, its probably not a rumour or something, I'm not sure.

Just like to add this. I manage a gym out in the Eastern suburbs and Brett Ratten's mother in law is a member there. I speak to her a few times a week. I asked her out of curiosity if Brett had considered putting his hand up for the coaching role at Carlton? Her response was that not enough time had passed for him to consider returning or even contemplate a role at Carlton. The other thing she said was that he is very happy at the Hawks and it is such a professionally run club in comparison to Carlton.
The second thing that I would like to add is another member at the gym whose father sponsors the the Carlton FC through his business gets to go to the presidents luncheon, earlier in the year when MM was coaching, was sitting next to Lachie Henderson's mum. He made a statement that went something like this " at least the players like playing for and get along with Mick " Mrs Henderson's response was that's not even close to the truth, that's what they want you to believe.
Both people I have a good relationship with and I hope I haven't over stepped the mark by disclosing this information.
By the way the players are performing under Barker, as apposed to how they played under Mick over the last few years, there must have been some major issues between the players and Mick, and I certainly feel that once Mick got sacked we got our club back.

Thats why I never buy into the crap players say in the media half the time.

They are paid to be employees and tow the company line that everyone and everything is fantastic and going great guns.

We heard the same thing with Pagan, "oh the boys love him and we are right behind him etc etc" when in fact they couldn't stand his hard line approach, would be similar to Mick's headmaster attitude.

I actually do believe that the players like John Barker and want to play for him though, because actions are speaking much louder than words right now.

Also the fact that we got 30,000 people to Etihad on a Sunday againt the GC means the fans are on board also!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back