2015 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Pt. 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day is better than Smack. Remember day has been operating in a Ablett obsessed team and been struggling for a majority of his career. As a big unit he is reaching the age where he will start to dominate. Given our midfield ability to win the ball I think it would be nice to have a talented forward to assist tex.

Me too, but Day has done zero to suggest that he's a talented forward. Impressive athlete sure, but at this stage, a very average footballer.

Not after all of the money the AFL has invested into them.
Gold Coast sporting teams just always seem to fail, the party lifestyle is too hard to resist for guys in their 20s.

I heard an interesting comment from someone in the media today about how there are no sporting teams in Vegas, because the major sporting leagues like NFL, NBA etc ban it due to the gambling and partying ties.

Send them to the AFL state with no team, Tasmania wouldn't have the party lifestyle! Gold Coast and sporting teams just doesn't work. AFL NRL NBL.
Hey! We party pretty hard down here in Tassie ... Ice is freely available, white powder is very common, considered by many the heartland of whiskey and cider in the Southern hemisphere.

We may do it with puffer-jackets on, but don't let our laid back lifestyle fool ya ... we is PARTY ANIMALS I tells ya !!

Gold Coast sporting teams just always seem to fail, the party lifestyle is too hard to resist for guys in their 20s.

I heard an interesting comment from someone in the media today about how there are no sporting teams in Vegas, because the major sporting leagues like NFL, NBA etc ban it due to the gambling and partying ties.

I have often wondered how overseas players who play for Pattaya or Phuket in the Thai soccer league go .... a few distractions there!!!

That's funny how u said the NBA ban Vegas. Did you hear Andrew Bogut on 360 last night? He said they partied in Vegas for 2 nights after they won the championship. He said he is not much of a partier but it was the best party he's had in his life. Said everything was 5 star. I can only begin to imagine!

I have often wondered how overseas players who play for Pattaya or Phuket in the Thai soccer league go .... a few distractions there!!!

That's funny how u said the NBA ban Vegas. Did you hear Andrew Bogut on 360 last night? He said they partied in Vegas for 2 nights after they won the championship. He said he is not much of a partier but it was the best party he's had in his life. Said everything was 5 star. I can only begin to imagine!

Games are banned from being played in Vegas. Not players visiting.

Yeah just ironic tho cos then the players all go to party there :)

Can't imagine a lot of people in Vegas would be into sports anyway as far as actually supporting a team ... just the gambling side.

NBA pre-season games are played in Las Vegas. The NHL is looking likely to have a franchise there within the next 2 seasons as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well i guess the kid is silly for letting someone taking a photo of him...

he's also unlucky that his career is likely ruined because he's partaking in something that hundreds of thousands of other Australians do during their free time and not hurt anyone

he's also unlucky that his career is likely ruined because he's partaking in something that hundreds of thousands of other Australians do during their free time and not hurt anyone
Wow - no one gets hurt from partaking in illicit drugs. Well that's interesting to know

Photos of bennell released by Herald sun. Doesn't look good for him .

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

I've never had a problem with them..[/B]

would like to know how many games Hurley got suspended for for assualting a cabbie.. or Marley Williams after he broke that guys jaw...

If Bennell cops more games suspension than them, you know that the hysteria over drugs is out of hand
Excellent - pleased to hear it.

I suspect the many parents who have lost children to illicit drugs would disagree

Yeah he's very stupid for letting it get photographed.

There's 700+ players in the AFL, all men aged from 18 to 30-odd with much higher than average incomes. There's going to be tonnes of playings using recreational drugs and there's nothing the AFL will ever be able to do to stop it. As long as they're not performance enhancing (and they don't overdo it) I don't have too much of a problem with it.

I've never had a problem with them..

would like to know how many games Hurley got suspended for for assualting a cabbie.. or Marley Williams after he broke that guys jaw...

If Bennell cops more games suspension than them, you know that the hysteria over drugs is out of hand
I've never had trouble when I was speeding but doesn't mean I should be exempt from speed limits. Whether or not you think it's a story, it's illegal and only fair that role models who inspire younger kids are held to a higher standard than the rest of society. I don't deny it happens at every club and in every sector of australia, but people's lives are lost to drugs (friends of mine) and it's frustrating that some are so blase about it. Bennell shouldn't be hung drawn and quartered but should make a public statement and receive a fine. Losing games would be unfair IMO.

He's a moron for taking them to begin with and drugs will ruin his life if he doesn't get off them, just as they will for the hundreds of thousands of other morons that use them in their free time. I hope he's harshly penalised.

He's a moron for taking them to begin with and drugs will ruin his life if he doesn't get off them, just as they will for the hundreds of thousands of other morons that use them in their free time. I hope he's harshly penalised.

This is a just a tad sensationalist mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back