Preview Hawks vs Freo - prematch chat in here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post.

But you're very harsh on Elliott, he was hindered by a bad case of tattooitis.
And overrateditis.
Walters is a different beast to Elliot but I think Stratton has earned the right to have first crack. Duryea is the backup plan I guess.

Remember that Sydney game in 2012 in Tassie? That's what I fear.
Yeah, me too. Though we did lose Gibson in that game & that hurt our structures at the back.

At least we've won a game without Roughy this year (unlike last season).

Freo won't rest players for next weeks game. If anything they will rest players for there following game

Bruest out been playing sore / Woodward deserves his chance

Would like to see howe brought in coaches really need to start rewarding players for form who he comes out but it has to happen

Bruest out been playing sore / Woodward deserves his chance

Would like to see howe brought in coaches really need to start rewarding players for form who he comes out but it has to happen
Bruest hasn't missed a game since about round 4 2012 unlikely our leading goal kicker gets rested against Freo to give Woody a game
All this talk of players in the twos deserving a reward game is crap, if they are playing well enough to push someone out then great but otherwise they just need to keep working on their craft until an opportunity comes up

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Bruest hasn't missed a game since about round 4 2012 unlikely our leading goal kicker gets rested against Freo to give Woody a game
All this talk of players in the twos deserving a reward game is crap, if they are playing well enough to push someone out then great but otherwise they just need to keep working on their craft until an opportunity comes up

Sorry I thought it was reported somewhere bruest had hurt his groin

Sorry I thought it was reported somewhere bruest had hurt his groin
Yeah I saw that mentioned hoping he comes up

Freo arnt traveling as well as people seem to think. We are going to destroy them... No real big keys up forward can't see them kicking a massive score

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo arnt traveling as well as people seem to think. We are going to destroy them... No real big keys up forward can't see them kicking a massive score

Very fair comment, we have been playing poorly the last 4 games bit still managing to win. Our midfield and back line have been going well but our forward line is barely functioning except for Walters and Pav.

I expect you to control the ball using your elite skills and make us chase you all day, similar to what Richmond did in the 1st quarter.

I think it will come down to who takes there chances, so if you can kick straight you should win.

I would imagine it would affect the bottom line $$$$$$ wouldn't it?
That's the "risk" you take. You want a national competition, there is a likelihood that a situation like that would occur.

The bottom line $$$$$$$ & its master will just have to cope.

Yep cause the ones that are in playing now have mostly done their 3-4 yr apprenticeship.

As Clarko says "replace a soldier with a soldier", not a boy....if you get my drift.

No disrespect to any of the youngsters....but they will come in when the timing is right.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
good to see they had to slug it out over 3 quarters in very trying conditions. hawks on the other hand have a massive break between the pies game and this game to refresh and be ready. we have everything going for us

Its their midfield that could well destroy us.

If we cant hold them out of the centre our backs are going to be under heaps of pressure. We could leak goals that might be hard to peg back if our forwards struggle to get the footy in their hands.

We could end up chasing arse on a leaky ship.

These clubs are going to throw everything at the boys cause they see that we have a few holes to plug and they dont have anything to lose.

LRF is for 11° and sunny but with showers forecast for most of the week. It could be a slogfest to say the least.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Looking forward to this game, if we can start well we should be right, freo have been scrappy the last 4 weeks, and still struggle to score 100+

Match them at the Clearences, move the ball quickly from stoppages and the run and spread like hell! This is the way we worry Freo plus make sure to block the centre corridor when defending from turnover.

Sunday 12 July
Summary
partly-cloudy.png

Min 0
Max 11
Partly cloudy.
Launceston area
Partly cloudy. Areas of morning frost. Light winds.

Going to Tassie this weekend. Geez it's gonna be a bit chilly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back