Discussion on Phil Walsh killing; Warning: Disturbing content

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The australian justice system will determine whether Cy is of sound mind and he will punished accordingly we have all agreed to this living in a democratic society!

However if drugs are involved we also have them as illegal in our democratic society!

Personally the tolerance should be zero, they are a scourge on society and I'm sorry I have no compassion what so ever for them! A totally hard line approach is required for anyone involved selling buying or using them! I have no sympathy for anyone who takes drugs

Last time I checked we don't have a diminished responsibility defence available in SA.

However I've no doubt his lawyers will seek to have the matter pleaded down to voluntary manslaughter, arguing mitigating factors.

That will annoy the s**t out of me but that's my guess at this early stage.

I cant see him being released any time soon. He will most likely be placed in a mental health institution until they deem him to be no longer a threat to himself. Especially since it may also be safer inside.

. I find it interesting that both Phil and Cy were learning Japanese. Cy in his blogs sounds very competitive about this. Wants to learn it all now, straight away, working for hours a day . Did they do this together? Did Phil start and Cy followed with a 'im gonna prove to you im better than you at something'? Did Cy start and Phil followed suit? Just seems like there was a lot of abnormal competitiveness in Cy going by obtainable information on the net about him.

Wow, just read his blog..... he is a full on japanese nerd. I was kinda similar in university so can relate abit.

eg: in one his posts he refers to RTK2, immersion, mining, srs and reps

RTK2 = Remembering the Kanji book 2 which is a popular japanese language book to do with chinese characters.

immersion = basically enveloping yourself in a particular language eg: listening to tv news, anime etc

mining = sentence mining. basically collecting a number of japanese sentences with an english translation.

srs = spaced repetition system.....basically a flash card program

reps = number of repetitions using the flash card program.

His dad was obviously learning japanese to try to get closer with his son which makes sense.

Last time I checked we don't have a diminished responsibility defence available in SA.

However I've no doubt his lawyers will seek to have the matter pleaded down to voluntary manslaughter, arguing mitigating factors.

That will annoy the s**t out of me but that's my guess at this early stage.
How do criminal lawyers defend people like this?

Your father can't call himself a parent. You've been through your own dark times and put him through him his own dark period and he should be thankful you came through it and are now raising your own child.

As you say it's his issue, you've fought one of the biggest battles you will ever fight and if he can't see that and you've changed for the good, he is going to lead one very lonely life which you can't be blamed for.

I can understanding that thinking. I used to resent him.

He was one of 11 children in a poor family and his Dad died when he was a one year old so he had to work his ass off and didn't know any different. He was a very hard man who I've never heard say the word sorry. He didn't have a dad so probably didn't know how to be one either. When he married my mum he thought her dad might play that role but dad wasn't good enough for Pop (my Pop and Mum's family were very upper class).

He will probably die lonelier than he should have if he wasn't such a prick and didn't isolate his kids (all of them, my sister in particular hates him) but like you said, there's nothing I can do about that. That's his problem. I've tried a number of things since being clean but he's just a stubborn man. Mum is a good sort, I don't know how she puts up with him. I feel sorry for her and if Dad ever dies before she does I'm going to take her around the world if she's able.

How do criminal lawyers defend people like this?

Their job is not to argue that a guilty person is innocent but to provide representation according to the applicable law, which everyone is entitled to. They provide advice based on that law. As well as acting for the client they are an officer of the court, part of their role is to make sure that all procedures have been followed properly, not necessarily to get this person off a charge but to make sure someone who is innocent in their current or future cases are not convicted unfairly.

And for what it's worth, when they are acting for high profile or particularly tragic cases, they often struggle to separate their personal feelings from their professional duties. As did the lawyer representing Martin Bryant

Because they are soulless human beings who prefer to drive a Merc than do something good for society
On the contrary that's exactly why they do it. There's not great $$ in it unless you're at the very top.

The Merc brigade are drafting leases and contracts for corporates - and if you really want to find the soulless ones, they are acting for banks taking people's houses.

Their job is not to argue that a guilty person is innocent but to provide representation according to the applicable law, which everyone is entitled to. They provide advice based on that law. As well as acting for the client they are an officer of the court, part of their role is to make sure that all procedures have been followed properly, not necessarily to get this person off a charge but to make sure someone who is innocent in their current or future cases are not convicted unfairly.

And for what it's worth, when they are acting for high profile or particularly tragic cases, they often struggle to separate their personal feelings from their professional duties. As did the lawyer representing Martin Bryant

But looking for technicalities to get their clients off when they are clearly guilty is just disgustingly low. Especially when its a brutal crime.

On the contrary that's exactly why they do it. There's not great $$ in it unless you're at the very top.

The Merc brigade are drafting leases and contracts for corporates - and if you really want to find the soulless ones, they are acting for banks taking people's houses.

Some go into defence law to provide the common man with representation and do the right thing. Those lawyers do the grunt work and aren't well paid. However there are lawyers that work for the rich and they do it because of the bucks and they are the soulless ones that smash the common man in the name of making sure their rich client gets away with it, that I have no doubt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, just read his blog..... he is a full on japanese nerd. I was kinda similar in university so can relate abit.

RTK2 = Remembering the Kanji book 2 which is a popular japanese language book to do with chinese characters.

immersion = basically enveloping yourself in a particular language eg: listening to tv news, anime etc

mining = sentence mining. basically collecting a number of japanese sentences with an english translation.

His dad was obviously learning japanese to try to get closer with his son which makes sense.

He used reps in the context of trying to pick up as well.

So from the pictures associated with various reports can we gather that
Cy fled on foot - car photographed in driveway
A knife (not necessarily the murder weapon) found in his car - photos of knife in bag with his car details on it.

So he either keeps a knife in his car or he hid the knife in his car and fled on foot?

Have received some information regarding the night in question which definitely helps to explain things a bit better. It is from an extremely reliable source too, there is no doubt it's 100% true. People can PM if they feel the need, but I won't disclose everything out of respect to the family.
Any chance for a PM mate? You've probably had a lot of them so understand if you don't want too.

For wat its worth my bro was in flinders medical centre on Saturday morning and his nurse told him Cy Walsh was high on ice. This is obviously the rumor getting around the employees there.

Have received some information regarding the night in question which definitely helps to explain things a bit better. It is from an extremely reliable source too, there is no doubt it's 100% true. People can PM if they feel the need, but I won't disclose everything out of respect to the family.
If it is ok could you please chuck me a PM too?

I know the lawyer mentioned in the Adelaide now story and she is legal aid and certainly not driving mercs. She is passionate about justice

This is nothing about being PC and has everything to do with not giving the killer any technicalities to hide behind. Murder is the charge. Until actually proven or admitted, for a high-profile media outlet like BF to refer to Walsh as having been murdered = prejudgment. Trials in the past have been derailed for less.

Presumably BF doesn't want to be responsible for that and frankly I would have expected the site administrators to be more on top of this sort of thing.

You're just a constant troll. It has been widely reported that Cy Walsh has been charged with Murder. Now go back to using your other identity on here and stop being a tool.

For wat its worth my bro was in flinders medical centre on Saturday morning and his nurse told him Cy Walsh was high on ice. This is obviously the rumor getting around the employees there.

Really ? nurses can't give info like that out to another person.

He studied Japanese at school (and possible at a tertiary level) and had been to Japan multiple times. From memory he had a Japanese girlfriend for a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back