Discussion on Phil Walsh killing; Warning: Disturbing content

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if you believe that a lack of understanding is what drives people to do certain things.

Otherwise understanding just means validating people's every thought and emotion

I never said lack of understanding drives people to do things.
I am saying by having a greater understanding we may be able to prevent more tragedies. May. And I believe it's worth the effort for a may given how tragic this outcome has been.

Let me be clear that I'm not looking to validate every thought and emotion - I'm solely about trying to create different outcomes.

The thing you have to understand is that mental illness is a malfunction of the brain. If someone can't walk because of a broken leg, we understand it because the cause and effect is visible and tangible and predictable. The difficulty with mental illness is that cause is rarely visible and effect is often unpredictable and irrational.

This is not to obfuscate those with mental illness of responsibility. Nor is it to imply that mental illness is a factor in the boys actions, although it appears likely. My point is that trying to rationalise this horrible event is ultimately futile.

I feel for Meridith and Quinn in all of this, because at no stage will they be able to rationalise this. Their only chance of moving forward from this, in my opinion, will rest in their ability to accept this fact, and to forgive Cy for his actions.

I know this may seem inconceivable to most, but hopefully a mother's unconditional love for her son will provide her own pathway to healing.

If it was me, he would be dead to me.

Mental illness is a horrible thing, and I'm not dismissing it, but the only way I could deal with it was to live my life as if both my Dad and Brother died together.

Supreme court judges start their careers lieing to a court to make a living. They need that wage to pay back their loans for their degree, to fund a high paced lifestyle consistent with the stressors of passing the degree.

Earning a living lieing to courts and turning their backs on justice? Fancy ripping s**t out of a raped women in court, to get the bloke that raped her off? Knowing he did it, accusing her of dressing provocatively or asking for it, was drunk and no meant yes, ect ect. What sought of peace of s**t does that?

That is not ok, something very wrong if people think it is, what sought of thing accepts that? Has children with someone who does that? The magistrates and other lawyers they're lieing too, know they're being lied to, do nothing about it. It is how it is.They obviously do not care about people, are following an ideology and don't care who they hurt in the process.

Look at Eugene Mcgee and how the justice system allows him to practice. Yet look at guys with bullshit restraining orders put on them, based on lies, not allowed to be a gardner on a school ground. Seriously these guys are clowns.
You watch too much Law and Order.

Mental illness is a horrible thing, and I'm not dismissing it, but the only way I could deal with it was to live my life as if both my Dad and Brother died together.
Not to dismiss your view, because I entirely understand. Would you feel the same, however, if Phil had been injured rather than killed?

Because they are soulless human beings who prefer to drive a Merc than do something good for society

Just checked outside. Still no Merc. Defence lawyers are always an easy target - and I can understand why - but in my view attacks on them are rarely justified.

Just to clear up a couple of misconceptions floating around in this thread:
- premeditation is an American concept that is not relevant to guilt or otherwise of murder here. What is required is intent to kill or cause grievous bodily harm. That intent can be formed by a long held plan or on the spur of the moment.

- if (as looks the most likely to me on the scant information we have) the accused is acquitted on the basis of mental incompetence, but is found to have committed the physical acts that constitute the crime, they become liable to supervision for, in the case of murder, the rest of their lives. This can involve detention or release into the community on licence conditions - whatever is the minimum necessary to ensure the safety of the community. Psych advice naturally plays the biggest part in determining these issues.

- James Nash House is, without a doubt, the worst place on earth. Don't for a second think he's sipping piña coladas

I think the key point here is that our sole focus should be on what's best for Meredith and Quinn at this point. If they cope like you - I'd support them. If they cope differently - I'd support that also.

Not to dismiss your view, because I entirely understand. Would you feel the same, however, if Phil had been injured rather than killed?

Of course - injury isn't final; death is. But, if as alleged, stabbing someone in their bed, I can't bee how that is done with the intent to only injure.

We need to see what happened, how it played out, the circumstances; but it doesn't look good.

Of course - injury isn't final; death is. But, if as alleged, stabbing someone in their bed, I can't bee how that is done with the intent to only injure.

We need to see what happened, how it played out, the circumstances; but it doesn't look good.
I can appreciate Sander's view to a point that alot of it doesn't matter in some sense... but as information comes out I am assuming its going to get very messy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You watch too much Law and Order.

You think? No, you probably don't think as a result of your retort I don't watch tv, you obviously do, if you think you have an opinion. TV is for sheep, most lawyers are sheep. Heads full of ideological crap. Lawyers are mostly cowards crooks and hypocrites. The only decent humans who get law degrees go into unions or some sort of community activism.

The legal system is full of dogs.To many in the lower and middle classes all think they are dogs. To many people have stories about dog lawyers. They way defend the Peter Liddys of this world, they have a point. When you get out in the community and talk to people and listen, because you care, not because you can make money from them, it becomes obvious lawyers are bigger dogs than politicians. The money they are going to make out of this tragedy is sickening. Many lawyers antagonize divorce settlements so they can get more money, many practices advertise to attract clients to challenge wills.The impact this has on families and lives is monumental. Lawyers create more social decay than hard drugs.

The very people who decide we continue with this failed system of justice are the dogs inside of it.

I wonder if this is a complete surprise to people who knew Cy. I suspect not.
That's the thing though, isn't it. I doubt anyone was walking around thinking "Cy's going to murder his father one day". Many probably aren't surprised by his irrational behaviour though.
feenix pretty much nailed it. Erratic behaviour had been seen in the past and wasn't completely unexpected. I'm sure most people that knew him had experienced it.

But there's a huge jump from erratic behaviour to killing your dad.

Last edited:
You think? No, you probably don't think as a result of your retort I don't watch tv, you obviously do, if you think you have an opinion. TV is for sheep, most lawyers are sheep. Heads full of ideological crap. Lawyers are mostly cowards crooks and hypocrites. The only decent humans who get law degrees go into unions or some sort of community activism.

The legal system is full of dogs.To many in the lower and middle classes all think they are dogs. To many people have stories about dog lawyers. They way defend the Peter Liddys of this world, they have a point. When you get out in the community and talk to people and listen, because you care, not because you can make money from them, it becomes obvious lawyers are bigger dogs than politicians. The money they are going to make out of this tragedy is sickening. Many lawyers antagonize divorce settlements so they can get more money, many practices advertise to attract clients to challenge wills.The impact this has on families and lives is monumental. Lawyers create more social decay than hard drugs.

The very people who decide we continue with this failed system of justice are the dogs inside of it.

If he had a mental illness but this incident was seen to be influenced by drugs, you would think that by taking a illegal substance that you would be held totally responsible and you would be found guilty without the chance of a lighter sentence or different sentence, a bit like a DUI driver killing someone!

Classy 5AA this morning allowing callers to call up and vent about their abusive fathers and how it's ruined their life.

Last quote was "My father hit me and when I was old enough I told him that if he did it again I'd kill him…so this situation has really hit home to me"

WTF :mad::mad::mad: I feel for that guys story but to allow that comment in light of current events is a disgraceful link to make that the average dumb member of the public won't separate. There would be idiots listening now that believe Walsh abused his killer son.

FiveAA where is your conscience?? This is a disgusting conflation of issues…they are allowing the inference that Walsh was abusive and it's understandable what happened.

GTFO you journalistic scum.

I cant help but feel that Walsh from above us would want his son to receive help despite his actions. Of course it goes without saying he would want his wife, daughter, family and the AFL community to receive the same.

I never knew Walsh, but this is just my opinion.

The only person who can really understand the sadness and madness that took place on that fateful night is Phil's wife.

Classy 5AA this morning allowing callers to call up and vent about their abusive fathers and how it's ruined their life.

Last quote was "My father hit me and when I was old enough I told him that if he did it again I'd kill him…so this situation has really hit home to me"

WTF :mad::mad::mad: I feel for that guys story but to allow that comment in light of current events is a disgraceful link to make that the average dumb member of the public won't separate. There would be idiots listening now that believe Walsh abused his killer son.

FiveAA where is your conscience?? This is a disgusting conflation of issues…they are allowing the inference that Walsh was abusive and it's understandable what happened.

GTFO you journalistic scum.

What show was that on?

Midnight to dawn, breakfast or 9-12?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back