Discussion on Phil Walsh killing; Warning: Disturbing content

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think i am as the person who informed me mentioned nothing when i asked about that fact.
The only thing is it may draw conclusions that may not necessarily be correct. In any case it's nothing but disturbing.

If you don't want details I highly recommend not reading this thread. It will come out in news eventually - and you can choose to read it or not there.
Just the same as here.
Some will want to know the details and I don't think its appropriate to stop that. That's on the readers to choose what they wish to read.

Expanding on what you just said, threads are titled appropriately. So once you come here, its fairly obvious to a reasonable person of what is going to be discussed.

Just like some threads talk about a replacement coach, others about Walsh passing and another about what had happened. As long as comments are not mixed in different threads, it is what it is.

Talk back radio is usually the lowest common denominator as far as radio goes. I'd wager most intelligent people who could actually contribute to the discussion have better things to go than call up 5AA.

I think "Lindy" last year is your proof about the LCD.

I think one aspect that has not been touched on is the professionalism shown by SAPOL :thumbsu: in the way that they conducted themselves and investigated the tragic scene. Not only that but they apprehended the "alleged" suspect swiftly. One can only imagine what and how the community would be reacting if the suspect was still on the run.:(

It's times like this I'm really glad I don't listen to 5AA. If I did, I likely would have thrown my radio at the wall in disgust, and watched as it shattered into a million satisfying pieces.

I don't listen to tabloid radio or watch current affairs television. I'm of the belief it belongs in the gutter.

I think one aspect that has not been touched on is the professionalism shown by SAPOL :thumbsu: in the way that they conducted themselves and investigated the tragic scene. Not only that but they apprehended the "alleged" suspect swiftly. One can only imagine what and how the community would be reacting if the suspect was still on the run.:(

Superintendent Des Bray is the consummate professional.

I can delete it if required. I thought its better to get closer to the facts rather than what is already floating around out there....

Terrible if true, just lends weight to it being a very direct attack and not just lashing out in an unfit state.
One suggestion might be to keep the details but remove who the source was, just so no one gets into trouble

Apologies it wasn't easier to tell the difference mate.

PM me some suggestions on doing that if you feel its needed.

Perhaps could add to the title 'Warning: Potential Graphic Content', and maybe also change it from the News tag to Scandal/Rumour or something?

But through all of it, even when it was discovered that he had planned it, his mother stood by him. It was very hard to fathom.

There's an Australian film titled "Animal Kingdom" that explores these kinds of themes you refer to (Jackie Weaver playing the role of the mother). Disturbing film, but very well made.

I'm still waiting on my PM about why Sando hates Jarryd Lyons.
That brings me back to the "Not this week Jarryd" jokes.

Lyons prefers Promite to Vegemite. Not this week Jarryd.

Terrible if true, just lends weight to it being a very direct attack and not just lashing out in an unfit state.
One suggestion might be to keep the details but remove who the source was, just so no one gets into trouble

Perhaps could add to the title 'Warning: Potential Graphic Content', and maybe also change it from the News tag to Scandal/Rumour or something?
Warning is a good idea. Thank you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's an Australian film titled "Animal Kingdom" that explores these kinds of themes you refer to (Jackie Weaver playing the role of the mother). Disturbing film, but very well made.

Hmmm a bit different, she's practically head of a mob family. No different to gang style stuff or SOA.

9-12 Matthew Pantelis
Unfortunately that timeslot attracts a certain listener, as 9-12 is when a vast majority of adults are working. Therefore the big percentage of people listening then are going through a form of hardship, whether it be unemployment, injury/sickness, mental issues, older generations and shift workers. A lot of the reasons they are able to listen at that time, unfortunately come with baggage and mental scarring, so there is a lot of venting. Having worked early morning shifts and driven home to 5aa at that time, it's no surprise they were dragging this tragedy through the dirt, happens every week under the banner of 'getting things out into the open'. Piss poor 5AA.

Was thinking about the circumstances of his death last night and was thinking that PW must have "bled out" very quickly which could only mean that vital organ/s were punctured before he was able to defend himself and that he would have been stabbed several more times before he was able to do anything to stop the bleeding. The couple of things I have read in this thread seem to support this.

The actual scene must have been horrific.

I won't read any news articles on this unless they are posted in this thread. I trust this board's quality control when it comes to posting appropriate reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back