What now for Essendon?

Remove this Banner Ad

It's unfortunate because the Essendon I grew up supporting was a great club but people in the club who think they are bigger than the game has brought us to where we are today. I still have hope that we can become a great club again but the current administration needs to be removed and people outside the club brought in.

There is an old proverb that says, "For there is hope for a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that its shoots will not cease."

I hope this is the case in our situation.

I have said you guys will not recover until everyone from that time is gone, that includes little, the doctor everyone

It's unfortunate because the Essendon I grew up supporting was a great club but people in the club who think they are bigger than the game has brought us to where we are today. I still have hope that we can become a great club again but the current administration needs to be removed and people outside the club brought in.

There is an old saying that says, "There is hope for a tree, if it be cut down, that it will become great again."

I hope this is the case in our situation.

Might be made into a set of goal posts? Or an armchair?

646502-5d678414-2307-11e5-a9e6-02631f3a9fa9.jpg

I had to :(

It's all part of Goddard's movie script.

The greatest coach on earth and his team get unjustly accused of implementing a supplements program as being drugs cheats just because they didn't have the proper procedural checks and balances in place.
The big bad wolf "AFL" then bans the Messiah and as just reward for such an indignation the Bombers board in it's 'confucius' like wisdom re-signs the Messiah and extends his contract.
The saga goes on and on and on and on and on and on and eventually the crushing weight of the worst injustice in sport is the total indignation of the players eventually succumbing to the pressure and capitulate to the team that finished dead last the previous year.
But in it's finest hour the club will rise from the ashes, like the phoenix, and will conquer all taking away premiership after premiership and the all mighty will be standing at the top of world looking down upon all as his mastery is evident for all to see.
The last scene will be a 95 year old Hird standing there with a white robe with long flowing white beard and holding a staff made from melted down premiership cups, as the masses are kneeling at his feet worshipping a now obvious demi-god.

I don't understand how Hird can possibly say he is the right man for the job. He has put the club on it's knees after putting thmem into a drug scandal, and then failing to get the players to even play game of football. 110 point loss to a team in a rebuild and he says "I'm still the right man for this job."

Surely Essendon supporters are starting to see what everyone else has seen for two years now.

Might be made into a set of goal posts? Or an armchair?

People like you who wish the demise of a football club are no better or worse even than the Essendon supporters who think our s**t don't stink.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People like you who wish the demise of a football club are no better or worse even than the Essendon supporters who think our s**t don't stink.
Can't you see how ridiculous this all seems to supporters of other clubs?
And before you say anything, yes Carlton cheated the salary cap and yes Carlton tanked and no I didn't and don't agree with any of that s**t so don't waste your breath attacking my club.

Hird oversaw some sort of cowboy supplements operation = #standbyhird
Hird gets paid a million dollars to study in France = #standbyhird
Bomber gets knifed after coaching Essendon to acceptable results #standbyhird
Hird obviously rates the list as a premiership chance and oversees the recruitment of people like Cooney and Gwilt = #standbyhird
Hird disappears during the season to head back to Europe for a little while = #standbyhird
Essendon lose to St Kilda by 110 points...now all of a sudden you want to * Hird off?

Please keep him. I'm enjoying it.

Can't you see how ridiculous this all seems to supporters of other clubs?
And before you say anything, yes Carlton cheated the salary cap and yes Carlton tanked and no I didn't and don't agree with any of that s**t so don't waste your breath attacking my club.

Hird oversaw some sort of cowboy supplements operation = #standbyhird
Hird gets paid a million dollars to study in France = #standbyhird
Bomber gets knifed after coaching Essendon to acceptable results #standbyhird
Hird obviously rates the list as a premiership chance and oversees the recruitment of people like Cooney and Gwilt = #standbyhird
Hird disappears during the season to head back to Europe for a little while = #standbyhird
Essendon lose to St Kilda by 110 points...now all of a sudden you want to **** Hird off?

Please keep him. I'm enjoying it.

Actually if you go through my posting history I haven't been a fan of Hird since the whole thing started. And as much as I hate Carlton no I wouldn't like to see the demise of them.

Hird will make them fire him ...And Sue the pants out if the club. He has them by the short and curlies, how did it come to this for essebdone?

I think they will sit on their hands and do nothing until the WADA issue is finalised. They had the best chance to sack HIRD nine months ago and took the soft option. The board now want him to sack him but they don't have the "power and strength" to do it for fear of getting booted themselves.
He won't resign either as he believes and knows he is bigger than the club.
As such the club will continue to rot to the core.

Last edited:
There's definitely something darker about this. Little has already wanted to get rid of Hird. The AFL wants to get rid of Hird. Hird has litigation on his mind. Has been prepping to maximize his out take, making it entirely about Hird and not about what's best for anyone else (certainly not the players, who now show they have no intention of playing for him). His former man at arms Thompson threw him under the bus. The Brissy Lions players threw him under the bus and showed him up as a liar.

Yet the great man clings on!

I've lost interest in the whole story, could someone tell me why Hird keeps going overseas? Is it football related or just a personal trip?

frequent flyer points

I don't understand how Hird can possibly say he is the right man for the job. He has put the club on it's knees after putting thmem into a drug scandal, and then failing to get the players to even play game of football. 110 point loss to a team in a rebuild and he says "I'm still the right man for this job."

Surely Essendon supporters are starting to see what everyone else has seen for two years now.
If Hird had just manned up in the beginning and stood down as coach this may have been all over, his arrogance has caused most of the perception of him to be bad, who would want too work with someone that has thrown so many under the bus to save himself, maybe this is starting to sink into the players as well?

I've lost interest in the whole story, could someone tell me why Hird keeps going overseas? Is it football related or just a personal trip?

Could be wrong but I believe it was part of his MBA, being paid for by the EFC.

So to answer the question it is football related because it was paid for by his club but for the betterment of the individual Hird, so it was also a personal trip.

I'm waiting for a big announcement from the club, but it just doesn't seem to be forthcoming. Utter madness. Has no one in that club got any balls? Man up Bombers, dump his arse and start a re-build.

If it wasn't their golden child, he would have been gone months ago.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back