What now for Essendon?

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree

Scared off as in players wouldn't want to come knowing they could get chopped after 1 year.
Essendon went for the wrong type of Player that has Knee/Hamstring problems , i dont thing EFC will make that mistake again. as Bomber said awhile ago, EFC tried to take shortcuts by getting Coonery an Gwilt. if Matty Suckling was out of Contract last year i would of gone for him over Cooney. infact i'd still go for him

but if players dont perform, there gonna get the chop at any club

itslike Jake Long, he aint performing, he could well get the chop soon enough

Surely today's effort warrants another contract extension for Hirdy? Against all odds, courageous, brave, can't ask for more from a coach. If there's a ANZAC medal for coaches James should get it today. If there isn't they should create one to commemorate this day.

Surely today's effort warrants another contract extension for Hirdy? Against all odds, courageous, brave, can't ask for more from a coach. If there's a ANZAC medal for coaches James should get it today. If there isn't they should create one to commemorate this day.
Lol get on it

If the club did that I would just give up football all together.

Award Albert a Bastille Day Medal. It's this Tuesday.

Semble appropriée.Non?

Yeah I know.

I just think if club were to pay him out it will scare off other potential recruits coming to the club.

If it scares off any more old has-beens you'll probably be better off in the long run...

Essendon went for the wrong type of Player that has Knee/Hamstring problems , i dont thing EFC will make that mistake again. as Bomber said awhile ago, EFC tried to take shortcuts by getting Coonery an Gwilt. if Matty Suckling was out of Contract last year i would of gone for him over Cooney. infact i'd still go for him

but if players dont perform, there gonna get the chop at any club

itslike Jake Long, he aint performing, he could well get the chop soon enough

Do you realise Jake Long is a category B rookie who has been at the club for half a season? He has played 6 VFL games, Bit early to be talking about him getting the chop isn't it?

Do you realise Jake Long is a category B rookie who has been at the club for half a season? He has played 6 VFL games, Bit early to be talking about him getting the chop isn't it?
yes i do, an he hasnt shown any signs of being a standout player either. give him another year or 2 an we'll see how he goes

but whether he's a cat b or cat a rookie whats that gotta do with the price of fish

yes i do, an he hasnt shown any signs of being a standout player either. give him another year or 2 an we'll see how he goes

but whether he's a cat b or cat a rookie whats that gotta do with the price of fish

Quite clearly him being a category B rookie signifies the fact Essendon see him as a project player and will not be rushed into making ridiculous calls on him to be cut after 6 VFL matches. I am not sure the context of your argument to be honest? On one hand you are talking about him getting the chop then on the other you say give him a year or two to see how he goes. Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought our only Category B rookie was McKenna.

Yes I stand corrected, he was take as a father son rookie, I knew it wasn't the conventional way as any club could have drafted him in the national draft even after the Bombers had nominated him.

Edwards wasn't bad yesterday.
Seems the draft pick they used to pick him up from GWS was on traded several times and ended up getting Josh Bruce to St Kilda.

Not bad for pick 48.

I'd play him every forward.

Has pace and is that awkward height to match-up on.
As is Laverde and Langford. I'd like to see them all play in the same forward line with Ambrose, Daniher and McKernan.

This will require the match committee to pick the only 200+cm ruckman on our list who isn't injured. I don't care what his VFL form is, considering he was picked up as a mature age just 9 months ago it's insane we're flogging a guy made to be 2nd ruck in that role.

Hopefully a lesson learnt now. Funny to say, but possibly true that if they had played their young up and comers instead of their retreads most of the season they would have no fewer wins, though against different teams probably. Would suck if this were just a once off and Hird went back to giving the has beens more farewell games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back