What now for Essendon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope. We will be playing a team that's far younger than the aging north

The Bulldogs have a far younger team then the Swans too earlier in the season, and beat them. If today was not a flash in the pan you should win next friday night, whoever loses though is seriously kidding themselves and the topping up was a mistake, if not for both teams already.

The Bulldogs have a far younger team then the Swans too earlier in the season, and beat them. If today was not a flash in the pan you should win next friday night, whoever loses though is seriously kidding themselves and the topping up was a mistake, if not for both teams already.
Unlike North, I hope we got the memo and continue to play the kids for the rest of the season. No point playing Chapman, Cooney and Winderlich. Fletcher maybe 1 more farewell game.

Definitely a much improved performance than the train-wreck last week.

Unlike North, I hope we got the memo and continue to play the kids for the rest of the season. No point playing Chapman, Cooney and Winderlich. Fletcher maybe 1 more farewell game.

Definitely a much improved performance than the train-wreck last week.

Remains to be seen, I agree with Fletcher getting at least one more, and hope he does. Your coach has done more then a few strange things this season, perhaps he may even take todays win as a sign your team can still make finals and bring in the big experienced bodies for a crucial match against the Roos next Friday. Stranger things have happened, but if he is smart he will see the future is brighter then the past and he will never play Chapman or Cooney again unless absolutely necessary :)

Remains to be seen, I agree with Fletcher getting at least one more, and hope he does. Your coach has done more then a few strange things this season, perhaps he may even take todays win as a sign your team can still make finals and bring in the big experienced bodies for a crucial match against the Roos next Friday. Stranger things have happened, but if he is smart he will see the future is brighter then the past and he will never play Chapman or Cooney again unless absolutely necessary :)

Unfortunately Cooney has another year left

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't hold your breath...

Many of our senior players are shot. No point playing them because of previous achievements.

Young sides have the hunger to compete and it was indeed the young players that got us over the line today. But obviously the retirement brigade will be back next week. Only reason we brought Edwards in for example was due to a late change, despite having the x factor that we missed for so long.

Check Geelong's last game against Essendon while you're there.
well aware of it.
Undermining our win based on the Dees being the opposition is just a bit rich from a Cats fan.
Today was a small step in the right direction today for us. Not a major step to consistent performances, but a step nonetheless. Thought i'd remind your brethren of the funny game that football can be

Yeah I know.

I just think if club were to pay him out it will scare off other potential recruits coming to the club.
Why would it scare them off?
I'm sure Coons would prefer to be paid out than play next year in the reserves knowing he isn't wanted.

After today's performance by your side it's pretty obvious any time either Chapman or Cooney get senior call ups is a step backwards long term.

Why would it scare them off?
I'm sure Coons would prefer to be paid out than play next year in the reserves knowing he isn't wanted.

After today's performance by your side it's pretty obvious any time either Chapman or Cooney get senior call ups is a step backwards long term.

I agree

Scared off as in players wouldn't want to come knowing they could get chopped after 1 year.

Cooney will present a conundrum.
We will have an easier draw next season.
We should hopefully get some important senior players back fit next year (need Belly at 100%, Jobe, Myers and Colyer back). And hopefully Carlisle is back in a month.

Thats 5 ins. After today, i'd struggle to name 5 outs that doesn't disrupt the make up of the 22.
Steinberg, Obrien, Howlett, maybe Browne (still yet to see him get any run at it).

Don't want to see Edwards or J.Merrett dropped for Cooney again. They certainly earned the stripes (sash? groan) today

Remove this Banner Ad

Back