Position 2015 SuperCoach defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need the best left field defender out there, I have KK, hodge,Langdon ,Ibbotson, Smith and Saad. If Saad not named he goes, Shaw aside who will finish the best, give me some gold nuggets please.
Like NinjaSwan said, Hodge, Shaw and Picken are the big 3 back there. Picken however is still only in 5% of teams if you want a POD

I need the best left field defender out there, I have KK, hodge,Langdon ,Ibbotson, Smith and Saad. If Saad not named he goes, Shaw aside who will finish the best, give me some gold nuggets please.

Cale Hooker is going to re-gain his early season form, I can feel it in my bones

5 out of the last 6 he's scored 100s as well:)

Newnes has done well, but not the best value as far as starting price goes. This captain hindsight set & forget Rd1 Defence would have set you back only 2.6million. Hodge, Shaw, Picken, McDonald, Yeo, Laird (Saad, Oxley)

Newnes has done well, but not the best value as far as starting price goes. This captain hindsight set & forget Rd1 Defence would have set you back only 2.6million. Hodge, Shaw, Picken, McDonald, Yeo, Laird (Saad, Oxley)
Which is a lot more than many spent, certainly me (a smidgen under 2 mill), but it's a good point when you consider how many trades we've all had to use down there :(

Which is a lot more than many spent, certainly me (a smidgen under 2 mill), but it's a good point when you consider how many trades we've all had to use down there :(

I only spent 2.1mill myself by going 3 of the most expensive premo's + Newnes + 4 rookies. Hodge, Shaw, Simpson, Newnes, McIntosh, Oxley, Saad, Hamling. Just my D1-4 cost close to 2 mill.:rainbow:

My starting backline was: Shaw, Hibberd, Newnes, Goodes, Saad, Oxley (KMac, Brown) costing roughly 2.16 million. Goodes and Hibberd were bad choices but the rest I would pick again.

Smith easily if you want between 60 to 70 points a game with the odd 30 dropped in there.

My starting backline was: Shaw, Hibberd, Newnes, Goodes, Saad, Oxley (KMac, Brown) costing roughly 2.16 million. Goodes and Hibberd were bad choices but the rest I would pick again.
Hibberd and Smith were my two biggest mistakes and ultimately have ****ed my entire season, **** them both. Oh yeh, Kelly too.

Smith has been shit house but I don't really see how a defender averaging 80+ could stuff your whole season. You just hate him because he's plump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith has been shit house but I don't really see how a defender averaging 80+ could stuff your whole season. You just hate him because he's plump.
Moreso the combination of three bad defensive choices, half a backline of premos that have severely underscored with one requiring a forced trade.

Hibberd and Smith were my two biggest mistakes and ultimately have stuffed my entire season, **** them both. Oh yeh, Kelly too.

I'll second you on Hibberd. Regret taking Taylor as well, not because he is terrible (although he is slipping a bit) but because it meant I carried him longer than I should of, and have waited too long to get Hodge.

I'll second you on Hibberd. Regret taking Taylor as well, not because he is terrible (although he is slipping a bit) but because it meant I carried him longer than I should of, and have waited too long to get Hodge.
Taking any Essendon player was a mistake after their interrupted pre-season, I don't think a single one has turned out any good.

Taking any Essendon player was a mistake after their interrupted pre-season, I don't think a single one has turned out any good.

It was a toss up between Hibberd and Simpson for me. I never thought Hodge would even equal his 2014 average let alone adding 10ppg, so cant even say he was even close in consideration.

And if anyone picked Picken, then I refuse to acknowledge that as a wise choice, rather that you lost a bet and had to include him as punishment.

Hurley would have been a better pick than Hibberd, Heppell been good, Zach Merrett as a mid pricer but not that useful as forward. Goddard going average, Watson terrible obviously.

Hurley would have been a better pick than Hibberd, Heppell been good, Zach Merrett as a mid pricer but not that useful as forward. Goddard going average, Watson terrible obviously.
91.8 for $461,700 isn't bad specifically compared to Hibberd who has been utter crap.

Would be nice to give it another week to see if he is back into some decent form, was easily his best game this season.
Yep. His DE was much better. Thinking/hoping that after a couple sub games and now back to his regular role, that he'll go ok. A 90avg for 332k would be sweet.

Yep. His DE was much better. Thinking/hoping that after a couple sub games and now back to his regular role, that he'll go ok. A 90avg for 332k would be sweet.
Also depends how many trades you have left and if you have other priorities like GAJ or Rockliff or the like.

Also depends how many trades you have left and if you have other priorities like GAJ or Rockliff or the like.
3 trades following...
Jelwood > Rocky
Josh Kelly > Eski

I have GAJ.

Is Eski worth a punt @ $332?

I'm keeping a very close eye on Mal this week, he looks like he is playing further up the ground.

Even if he tons up he'll only go up about 17k so it might not hurt to wait a week or two if your budget is not too tight.

Personally speaking, if I go GAJ/Maynard for Cripps/Oxley this week I'd be about $1500 short of going Lever > Mal.

However if Lever scores his average and Mal gets just under 100 I'll have enough for a straight swap next week. :rainbow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back