Position 2015 SuperCoach defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the games he's been subbed out in though he has been playing poorly. If he wasn't subbed in those games would have been 4 of his lowest scores for the year anyway

In the 1st game he was subbed out, he was playing really well, however was cramping badly. In one of the other games he was subbed out he was going ok, plenty of other players who were worse. Team balance, managing Ox's workload. The 2 games that he deserved to be subbed, he just couldn't find the ball playing on the wing for whatever reason on those 2 occasions. Personally, I like to see him playing behind the ball a bit more taking intercept marks, but Pies do have plenty of quality HBF types. I'm not sure that Oxley is currently fit enough to play the role he does week to week, hence the red vest every 3-4 games.

During the season (and before) people mention that you should be trying to get top 10 or top 8 in each line for your team. Now in theory that's great but if you look at the defenders this season there is 2 only that are trust-able and the rest are a raffle. I defy anybody to say that you can find any real logic or pattern as in to who to should be in picked. Below is the top 10 defenders by average and below that by price. You will notice that in in the top one only 3 of them scored over 100 in the last round and in the bottom one its even worse with only 2. Now I know somebody will say its the average that counts or the average from here on in, but how the hell do you pick with the sort of deviation these guys put up.

View attachment 154743 View attachment 154744
Spot on mate, couldn't agree more.

My defence consists of Shaw, Picken, Newnes, Simpson, Houli & one of Fields, Brown, or Hamling.

For my last Def spot I'm not going to be able to afford Hodge for, and cannot decide on which defender to go with from the "best of the rest" group.

McDonald, Rance, Laird, Murphy, Enright, Hurley, Higgins, Gibson..... no confidence!

My defence consists of Shaw, Picken, Newnes, Simpson, Houli & one of Fields, Brown, or Hamling.

For my last Def spot I'm not going to be able to afford Hodge for, and cannot decide on which defender to go with from the "best of the rest" group.

McDonald, Rance, Laird, Murphy, Enright, Hurley, Higgins, Gibson..... no confidence!

Look at the last 3 and 5 round average as well.

There is nothing you can do to ensure you take the best option. Who says Hodge will work out to be better than any of the others you mentioned from here on out.

You just have to make the most educated choice you can, look at their average against the opponents left and the grounds they are playing at, always a good insight to have. Ignore their total average, as that may be exaggerated from a fast start that they haven't been able to match since, last 3 and 5 round averages is the best way to see where they are at.

Rance imo

If you can't get Hodge in next few weeks... My order personally:

TMac > Rance > Gibson > Laird > Enright > Higgins > Murphy > Hurley

TMac & Rance the pick of the bunch by a fair bit. Frawley to come back soon will help Gibbo again.

If you can't get Hodge in next few weeks... My order personally:

TMac > Rance > Gibson > Laird > Enright > Higgins > Murphy > Hurley

TMac & Rance the pick of the bunch by a fair bit. Frawley to come back soon will help Gibbo again.
No mention of Birchall in that bunch ? always consistently averages in the 90's and since coming back from injury has hit form the past 2 weeks .. would take him above all of those defenders besides Tmac

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

No mention of Birchall in that bunch ? always consistently averages in the 90's and since coming back from injury has hit form the past 2 weeks .. would take him above all of those defenders besides Tmac

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Birch between Enright & Higgins in my previous post if including him. I was just going off the list provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back