2nds Northern Blues 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Must not be looking good for Watson. Jaksch goes forward in the last quarter and kicks 2 goals and passes to Watson who gets his only goal.
What happened to him today?

Its time for watto to be dropped he looks disinterested,lacks effort and is just taking up space on the field, he doesnt chase doesnt get to contests and is just a sook imo. He mite have kicked a bag a few times but for a guy thats on a afl list he should be setting a example yet he fails to do so.

Its time for watto to be dropped he looks disinterested,lacks effort and is just taking up space on the field, he doesnt chase doesnt get to contests and is just a sook imo. He mite have kicked a bag a few times but for a guy thats on a afl list he should be setting a example yet he fails to do so.
Was only at the game from half time but didn't see it as you did. The delivery was terrible to all the forwards including Watto. Several times he made the effort to lead and he was either ignored or the ball was kicked to the advantage of the defender. You are entitled to your opinion but I think it is mis leading others who may not have been at the game and take things on what you have said here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must not be looking good for Watson. Jaksch goes forward in the last quarter and kicks 2 goals and passes to Watson who gets his only goal.
What happened to him today?
Northern kicked with a strong last quarter wind and Jaksch was deep forward. Watto played partly in the ruck and the rest of the quarter CHF aside from when he kicked his goal. Put him in a good side with half decent delivery and Watto will be fine.

Was only at the game from half time but didn't see it as you did. The delivery was terrible to all the forwards including Watto. Several times he made the effort to lead and he was either ignored or the ball was kicked to the advantage of the defender. You are entitled to your opinion but I think it is mis leading others who may not have been at the game and take things on what you have said here.
I have been to quite a few games this year and every game ive seen him play in its the same old story as mentioned in my previous post. I do agree the delivery today wasn't any good but a player whos been on our senior list for as long as he has you'd think he would show more leadership then he does yet he just doesnt look interested at all.

I have foster & blain johnson a head of him to play senior footy.

I think hes done and dusted but thats just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

We knew this was going to be an ordinary game, just for the amount of NB players involved.
Many of them put themselves into the play well enough, but effort doesn't equal result.
The ball use was as poor as I've seen from many of the NB kids and most were physically monstered by their opponents.

Byrne started well and looked very fluid (even though he did turn the ball over twice) but you can just see that he's picked up this game very well.
Did a lot of pointing and setting up of team-mates positions until he unfortunately got injured.....that took all the interest out of the day for me.

Jaksch
did some nice things back but had very little tall support around him.
Spencer and co were way too tall for our backs and the better forward delivery to them didn't help our cause.
I don't like Jaksch spending so much time flat-footed, allowing his opponent to just walk to a better position....and I mean walk.
Had a terrific last quarter in the forward 50 that Casey had closed up the best part of the day. 2 goals and a terrific centering ball from the boundary...:thumbsu:

Whiley worked so hard all day but with the rucks beaten and no real relief, he tired understandably.
Didn't get caught with the ball either, that I recall whilst covering a ton of ground....including on his hands and knees.

Dick did relatively well again today. Has aspects of his game to work on and at least to me, he needs to move the ball on a little quicker.

Viojo-Rainbow had an O.K. game and it may have even been his best game to date.
Without setting this out to be an editorial, I just feel the DVR spends too much time at a distance from the ball.
Even when at ruck contests he sends himself outside when he maybe should be hitting contests a little harder.
Last quarter let him down I feel as he just got pushed aside a little too easy.....Tired? Maybe.

Johnson: I really feel sorry for Johnno. It's just so hard to make impact when you're ignored after all the good work you've done to make position.
He did kick a couple of goals which were well deserved for his work but in a better team, he'd show so much more. Did spend some time in the middle, also.

Foster was O.K. and again he's just starting to look a little more serious.
Not many possessions for him after quarter time and he was sent down back late in the third and the whole last quarter just so he doesn't freeze up front :)

Watson:
Really not his day as he pushed himself further up the ground but all to often couldn't account for the quicker players around him.
Did some ruck work also but today may have been his worst game for the year.

Smith: I've been very disappointed in this kid, so far this year.
I know he's young and you have to cut him slack but other than going full tilt at the opponent, he's not offering much else.
Makes the wrong decision.....runs under the ball.....puts team-mates under pressure and kicks directly to an opponent.
He's a little too one trick at the moment but even that trick isn't all that good when you're giving away frees.

Jones: He'll always take a few good marks but he just made too many poor mistakes today.
Kicking into the man on the mark.....Trying to take mark of the year (in a ruck contest)....Missing the goals altogether from 10mts out (He was on the boundary, but..........) He did try very hard at times though, so points for that.

Now I know why the American ruck-man doesn't kick..................Did anyone see that kick on the HFF...........:eek:

Northern kicked with a strong last quarter wind and Jaksch was deep forward. Watto played partly in the ruck and the rest of the quarter CHF aside from when he kicked his goal. Put him in a good side with half decent delivery and Watto will be fine.

I agree with this but even so, it was one of his poorer games overall.

I feel he didn't pressure opponents hard enough when up the ground.....I don't think it's because he doesn't want to.....I just don't think he can.

Really disappointing news re: Byrne. Was looking forward to a return to the 1's - where was he playing today? I'd like to see him on the wing or HFF.

Swap Watto & Jaksch for the rest of the year? That has to be thank y'all to M. Watson at the end of the season. Giles will need some support down back on his return (sounds like playing forward wouldn't do him any favours).

That may be the reason Clementine was taken in the 60's, and by us....sounds like he needs to concentrate on playing the football.

Some serious skill sessions are required pre-season for any NB hopefuls by reports. Stifles the development of our listed players if our game falls down thanks to the top up players.

Very dissapointed with the boys today not a lot you can say but none of them should be getting a game in the seniors anytime soon.
Of the new blokes I did have high hopes for Smith at the start of the year but it's obvious why he lasted to where he did in the draft. DVR is abit of a whipping boy with the supporters but I think it is mainly because his body hasn't developed yet so he is very weak in the contest, something that will improve in time. Foster was quiet but that's to be expected from a first year KPP.
Not a lot to take away from the game for me....

Same old story with Jaksch. I think he will be on of these players who will either be a bust or it will all click for him and he will turn into a top player. Can't see him being much inbetween

Very dissapointed with the boys today not a lot you can say but none of them should be getting a game in the seniors anytime soon.
Of the new blokes I did have high hopes for Smith at the start of the year but it's obvious why he lasted to where he did in the draft. DVR is abit of a whipping boy with the supporters but I think it is mainly because his body hasn't developed yet so he is very weak in the contest, something that will improve in time. Foster was quiet but that's to be expected from a first year KPP.
Not a lot to take away from the game for me....

Same old story with Jaksch. I think he will be on of these players who will either be a bust or it will all click for him and he will turn into a top player. Can't see him being much inbetween
Who's whipping DVR?

A few supporters in our area who obviously watch them most weeks. Nothing nasty just saying that if DVR and Smith weren't AFL listed they wouldn't be in the side.
Just not ready physically yet (DVR that is)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back