2nds Northern Blues 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not even going to read this.

In what respect does a tongue and cheek comment warrant an essay. I was joking around. I don't even dislike Jones. It's been several weeks since I posted anything about him.

Whether you read it or not is completely up to you. Just don't say you weren't made aware of the situation if we act on the next time you're just joking around.

My post was not on the back of one tongue in cheek comment. You've been making similar posts and comments for months since we recruited Jones.

We get it - you don't like him. There's no need to continuously point it out.

Anyway, the point has been made. That'll do us.

Whether you read it or not is completely up to you. Just don't say you weren't made aware of the situation if we act on the next time you're just joking around.

My post was not on the back of one tongue in cheek comment. You've been making similar posts and comments for months since we recruited Jones.

We get it - you don't like him. There's no need to continuously point it out.

Anyway, the point has been made. That'll do us.
The last post that mentioned Jones was one saying I don't mind him. Would've been a few weeks ago... And my last post on this thread said it again. You'd have to go further back in order to find my last post that actually directly slammed Jones. And it wasn't since we recruited Jones... it probably began during the first couple of rounds. Almost accurate.

Firstly not sure how you can compare hendo and cas to watto they are both a class above him on all fronts and hence why they have both played so much afl footy. Watto got his chance against GWS this year as a reward for his form early on and he wasted it. His attitude has let him down he doesnt work hard enough and hes a one trick pony, i could go on but ive said my bit in my first post.

He didnt cut it as a backman when he got his chance at senior level and he hasnt cut it as a forward, i have foster and johnson a head of him.

But everyone is entitled to there opinion.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
In defence of Watson, that game against GWS was probably our worst performance of the season. Anyone of a number of players could have been subbed off that day. Our forwards had little opportunity to shine as GWS dominated the I50s 80-32.

You say Watson hasn't cut it as a forward at senior level, yet his only other full game as a forward was the R23 clash with Essendope last season, in which he kicked 4 goals & was clearly our best forward.

As for his form in defence, when he had a run of games a couple of years ago, he played very well, only to suffer a season ending injury.

At VFL level, Watson has been our best forward over the last 2 seasons & has been unlucky at times not to get more games in the seniors ahead of Casboult last year & Jones this year (Casboult's ability to pinch hit in the ruck has saved him a few times in recent years).

So is there anything firm on Byrne?

Was really looking forward to seeing him slot into HB for Yarran before the end of the season - is that still a possibility or is it likely to be season over for him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In defence of Watson, that game against GWS was probably our worst performance of the season. Anyone of a number of players could have been subbed off that day. Our forwards had little opportunity to shine as GWS dominated the I50s 80-32.

You say Watson hasn't cut it as a forward at senior level, yet his only other full game as a forward was the R23 clash with Essendope last season, in which he kicked 4 goals & was clearly our best forward.

As for his form in defence, when he had a run of games a couple of years ago, he played very well, only to suffer a season ending injury.

At VFL level, Watson has been our best forward over the last 2 seasons & has been unlucky at times not to get more games in the seniors ahead of Casboult last year & Jones this year (Casboult's ability to pinch hit in the ruck has saved him a few times in recent years).
So let me pose this question why hasn't barker selected him considering rowe has struggled since MM left and barker took over. Barker seems to be willingly player the younger guys and give them a chance. Only thing i can think if is that his attitude isnt where it should be for a guy who's been on our list since 2011.

Your comments about him getting injured are spot on but ime would think it would make him hungrier and more determined. Again i agree that he has been one of our most consistent performers in the 2s but sadly vfl form doesnt always mean a player is upto afl standards. I dont have anything against the bloke i actually thought after the essendon game last year he would be one of the guys who would be playing more senior footy this season yet for whatever reason he isnt and my only answer to that is his attitude both at training and in games isnt at tye standard that the coaches want it to be.

I hope im proved wrong cos i for one want to see players we have drafted play senior footy and do tue club proud.

So let me pose this question why hasn't barker selected him considering rowe has struggled since MM left and barker took over. Barker seems to be willingly player the younger guys and give them a chance. Only thing i can think if is that his attitude isnt where it should be for a guy who's been on our list since 2011.

Your comments about him getting injured are spot on but ime would think it would make him hungrier and more determined. Again i agree that he has been one of our most consistent performers in the 2s but sadly vfl form doesnt always mean a player is upto afl standards. I dont have anything against the bloke i actually thought after the essendon game last year he would be one of the guys who would be playing more senior footy this season yet for whatever reason he isnt and my only answer to that is his attitude both at training and in games isnt at tye standard that the coaches want it to be.

I hope im proved wrong cos i for one want to see players we have drafted play senior footy and do tue club proud.

Would like to see him play for Fremantle next year...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back