Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's crap...

Clearly you have no idea about Aish. Kid never wanted to go to Brisbane. He was young for his draft and has plenty of really good footy ahead of him. Remember Polec, remember Docherty, remember Yeo, just to name a few. Kid will be a very good player. Don't let "Just because he's not a superstar" at 19 get in the way.

Clearly you have no idea about Aish. Kid never wanted to go to Brisbane. He was young for his draft and has plenty of really good footy ahead of him. Remember Polec, remember Docherty, remember Yeo, just to name a few. Kid will be a very good player. Don't let "Just because he's not a superstar" at 19 get in the way.
Who said he has to be a superstar? All I'm suggesting is that he is soft and I don't like him... Geez some carlton supporters are up tight, Go have a drink and relax...

I like Bell but if we were offered Bell for Aish I would do that in a heartbeat. Bell is good in a developing team, but his skills will be a let down in a better side. Aish I really rated in his draft year and would be Amazing for a position where we need quality

Am I the only one who thinks that we get ripped off if we trade bell, after a breakout year, for a guy who is yet to prove himself yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be sad to see Bell go but he is 24 and Aish is 19 with tremendous upside. I could live with it.

Personally, I believe that it says something about his immaturity and professionalism if you get drafted to a city that you don't want to be drafted to and fail to give it your best shot - at least through your first contract.

Local footy fans tend to believe that the other names you listed tried to give it their best shot before they moved on. The same people are increasingly frustrated with Aish.

Who said he has to be a superstar? All I'm suggesting is that he is soft and I don't like him... Geez some carlton supporters are up tight, Go have a drink and relax...

Not up tight. Just don't think you need to be calling a player that potentially could be on our list crap. It's seriously not needed.

If you followed him as a junior, I think you'd be pretty excited at the prospect of him coming to us, possibly on the cheap

From wiki ...

Aish went on to play in all but one of the team's 21 senior matches (he was rested from the Lions' Round 14 clash against Fremantle in Perth) and collected 20 or more disposals on nine occasions. Aish ranked 6th at the Club in total disposals (370), 4th in marks (94), 5th in tackles (77), and 7th in clearances (43).

Finished 4th in the rising star award. Not bad for a debut season!!

Happy to actually trade Hendo for Aish if Geelong refuse to pony up their 1st rounder for LH. I get the feeling the club is happy to let Hendo go, provided we get a decent return for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'd be happy to have aish but not @ the expense of trading bell

the only time you trade out players is for a champ , judd or a williams

aish is not @ that level !!

You wouldn't expect Aish to be at that level at the age of 19. That's a crazy comparison. His output has been better than any of our recent draftees (excluding Cripps) and he's having a so called 'bad year'. Lots of young kids have a case of the second year blues. Aish for Bell would be a huge win for us. A top 10 pick with 10+ years ahead of him vs a player who made it off the rookie list with 5 years or so left.

Not up tight. Just don't think you need to be calling a player that potentially could be on our list crap. It's seriously not needed.

If you followed him as a junior, I think you'd be pretty excited at the prospect of him coming to us, possibly on the cheap
Yes you're right, I didn't follow him as a jnr but tbh it doesn't really matter, there are heaps of kids that come through and just don't cut it at afl level, maybe I was wrong calling him crap but I just don't like that sort of player and I don't think we need him, we have bigger fish to fry... If we can get him cheap which we won't, it'll be acceptable but no way bris will take anything other then a 1st rounder and I don't think he's worth anything around that, maybe and I mean maybe a late 2nd rounder max for him..

Bell for aish all day long.

We dont need triers. We need top level potential and develop them well.

We are so far away from being good.

Aish has definitely gone about his contract the wrong way. No doubt. When focussed though, he is one of the best drafted players of the last 2 years.

Absolutely a much better player than bell (who I admire for what he has done!)

Bell footy smarts and foot skills let him down Aish got smarts and silky skills

Exactly. Every week, we get murdered by our lack of skills and poor decision making. We have far too many blokes like Bell and Curnow who are great athletes but limited footballers.

Bell has had a good year by his standards but is still a limited footballer, and always will be. If one half decent year leads to a trade for a highly rated actual footballer, I'm all for it.

Our fortunes will not improve until we minimise the number of Bell/Curnow types on the list.

Overrating our players ridiculously in this thread. Bell for Aish is largely in our favour and won't get it done. Aish was a top 7 pick and showed great signs in his first year. His second year hasn't been as good due to off field distractions nevertheless he is still worth a late first round pick. And Bell isn't.

I know it's not the way to build for the future but I want to keep Belly just for his 100% efforts and clear love to be playing footy for the hell of it and loving that it's Carlton.
I'm with you... keep Bell... and keep Kreuzer as well... apparently despite him being a Collingwood supporter growing up, he really loves Carlton now!

Happy to actually trade Hendo for Aish if Geelong refuse to pony up their 1st rounder for LH. I get the feeling the club is happy to let Hendo go, provided we get a decent return for him.
Hendo won't go back to Brisbane... just saying

Overrating our players ridiculously in this thread. Bell for Aish is largely in our favour and won't get it done. Aish was a top 7 pick and showed great signs in his first year. His second year hasn't been as good due to off field distractions nevertheless he is still worth a late first round pick. And Bell isn't.
Aish is worth pick 2 or pick 3 in the PSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back