Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this press conference (at about the 05:45 minute mark):
http://www.geelongcats.com.au/video/2015-07-29/chris-scott-pressconf-pt2-r18

Chris Scott said (in relation to Motlop's contract):

"One of the things I'm really proud of, in my time at Geelong, has been the TPP and this management model that has been developed over a long period of time ... so well before I arrived ... the club hasn't made an exception in their TPP model for any player. Given the champions we have had at this club, that's a remarkable achievement ... Steve understands that perfectly - so if your question is "will he slip outside of that model" the answer is no ... but that goes for the greats of our club and for any players that may come into our club in the future. They've got to fit within the model - it's pretty simple, it's a proven formula and I don't think it's any great secret that our players have bought into it."

So if Geelong are gonna stay inside their patented "Premiership Model" for player payments - then there is no way they can offer a massive contract to Danger. They will probably offer him less than we will, which means matching under restricted free-agency rules becomes even more of a no-brainer.

Quiet today! No news?

Don't know if that is worthy of the "news" tag ... but it's something :)

Last edited by a moderator:

"One of the things I'm really proud of, in my time at Geelong, has been the TPP and this management model that has been developed over a long period of time ... so well before I arrived ... the club hasn't made an exception in their TPP model for any player. Given the champions we have had at this club, that's a remarkable achievement ... Steve understands that perfectly - so if your question is "will he slip outside of that model" the answer is no ... but that goes for the greats of our club and for any players that may come into our club in the future. They've got to fit within the model - it's pretty simple, it's a proven formula and I don't think it's any great secret that our players have bought into it."

So if Geelong are gonna stay inside their patented "Premiership Model" for player payments - then there is no way they can offer a massive contract to Danger. They will probably offer him less than we will, which means matching under restricted free-agency rules becomes even more of a no-brainer.

Didnt that Jay Clark spanner report the Cats where offering huge $$$$$$. The Geelong coach then refutes that, gee creditable Journo is Clarke

I'll be curious to see how rigorously Geelong adheres to their player payment model once the memories of their recent premiership success start to fade and they become desperate for more.

It's quite possible that the Phil Walsh tragedy has fast tracked things here. The AFC need to begin the search for a new head coach and the first question any candidate is going to ask when it comes to the playing list would be "Is Danger staying?". Out of good will in a time of crisis, I suspect Danger has been asked to make his intentions clear, so that AFC can move forward with in it's search for a new head coach. And from this perspective, it looks like he's staying but that a public announcement is simply not necessary at this stage. The club is tight and close-knit following the Walsh tragedy and so I wouldn't be in the least surprised if they are just keeping the decision in-house while they are feeling out potential head coaching candidates. And yes, this is pure speculation and conjecture....
Nice to have you back CamFree. Any chance we can sign up Clarko this time around?

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

What's going on??? Get home from work to enjoy the usual 6-7 pages of rumour and innuendo only to find a page and a half of NOTHING!!!!!

Lift your game people!!

Saw Danger put on his left sock first today. That very movement is well known to be a sign of going to another club. True story

Saw Danger put on his left sock first today. That very movement is well known to be a sign of going to another club. True story
He had his right foot on top of his left foot while watching the Chooseday night footy. Staying. Irrefutable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is their model though? If it's to pay no more than a certain amount over a period of time, they can certainly offer him big $ for two years with an understanding that he extends for small $ to fit the model.

What is their model though? If it's to pay no more than a certain amount over a period of time, they can certainly offer him big $ for two years with an understanding that he extends for small $ to fit the model.
Well that isn't the way it comes across ... otherwise all of the "we don't pay that much" talk that has come out of Geelong would be bogus. Which could also be true.

I would find it hard to believe that Milburn doesn't know exactly what the model is though ... surely he knows the ins-and-outs?

Well that isn't the way it comes across ... otherwise all of the "we don't pay that much" talk that has come out of Geelong would be bogus. Which could also be true.

I would find it hard to believe that Milburn doesn't know exactly what the model is though ... surely he knows the ins-and-outs?
I imagine Noble knows because didn't Sando want to implement the same sort of thing here?

Backtracking. Already pre-peddling the excuses for "not being interested" in Danger now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back