Autopsy Round 18: Richmond vs Hawthorn @ MCG - Changes for Adelaide

Vote for your top 5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jordan Lewis looks very "special needs".
He loves kicking in danger that campaigner. We owned the Hawks last night. I didn't give a s**t about the they were due a loss crap we monstered those campaigners. The only thing they have over us is finals experience.

Hawks are too old and too slow

:p:p:p

You know it's not your night when Ty Vickery plays better then Roughead! :p

Richmond handed us our lowest score under Clarkson since 2006 and our biggest losing margin this season. If Richmond do finish top four, I'd back the Tigers in against Fremantle and West Coast. Especially the Dockers.

I liken our team to Freo of the past few years (not this year) where we simply restrict teams to low scores.
I think it's a game plan and style we need to play and I'm happy to see it. However, to win a flag, I think we need to score more. It will sustain us for prelims, but I don't think we can win a flag.
Still, all it needs is some small amount of tinkering and it could come to fruition.
Said it a few weeks ago, 2018 GF will be Richmond vs Collingwood.
I think our scoring will improve aaa guys like Lennon mature and we can add some speed and flair to the forward line. Need some more weapons.

If you can hold that form you'll trouble most teams, great game by the Tigers last night. I'm just hoping that now means we go on to win the GF!
:rolleyes:

Most? I think we've shown we can beat anyone. I'm almost certain the rest of the top4 would rather Sydney get the last spot over us.

geez it pisses me off whenever we beat someone good the other team was off there game not up to there usual form . Piss off Media.

It's because we don't let them play well.

All credit to the coaches and players. We're one of the best teams in the competition.

This is incredible and people are probably not going to believe it but I just walked back in from my backyard and there was a Hawk up in the tree in the back corner. Now it flew off before I could get too close but I kid you not I swear it looked like that it was sucking a black and yellow utensil.

Last edited:
You know it's not your night when Ty Vickery plays better then Roughead! :p

Richmond handed us our lowest score under Clarkson since 2006 and our biggest losing margin this season. If Richmond do finish top four, I'd back the Tigers in against Fremantle and West Coast. Especially the Dockers.
Wasn't the game against West Coast a couple of years ago a lower score because of the weather?

Bring on the Dockers in Perth :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't the game against West Coast a couple of years ago a lower score because of the weather?

Bring on the Dockers in Perth :D

haha yeah well if Fremantle do happen to get top spot and Richmond fourth, there would be a few thousand Fremantle fans shitting themselves at the prospect of playing Richmond in a Qualifying final. :D

haha yeah well if Fremantle do happen to get top spot and Richmond fourth, there would be a few thousand Fremantle fans shitting themselves at the prospect of playing Richmond in a Qualifying final. :D
I'd rather play Freo over there than you guys in week one to be honest.

Wow... what a win!

The best thing about it is, this isn't a "where the f*** did that come from" kind of win... we all kind of knew we had this sort of performance in us.. but we also knew that Hawthorn are a boss side, in form and worthy of the utmost respect...and we delivered!!!

Start to believe gentlemen (and ladies), start to effing believe! :D:D:D

Anthony Miles, take a bow! I always had you down as a solid contributor rather than an out and out gun. Changed my mind to day, colossal performance.

I'm in the club who had doubts about Dimma after the early season losses... but I have nothing to offer other than apologies when I think of how far we've come since 2010.

We've Sheds, Griffiths and Cellis still to come back into the team plus Hampson had proved himself more than capable recently. Depth...It's a good problem to have. But really I can't see how we could be anything but unchanged for next week.

#happytiger #drunktiger

A few people tipped Tigers during the weekand it was a Friday night game with the prospect of putting us back on track for a top 4. These are the games previously where Tiger have sometime capitulated. Even though the Hawks had been a juggernaut most of the seaon my drive into the G last night was filled with an air of I think we can beat thm. I have not driven to the G for a long time to play a top side thinking that.

And then they delivered.. Go you bloody Tigers....

Jay Croucher bit premature with his assessment.
http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/05/06/the-fault-in-their-stars-richmond-fcs-bleak-state-of-affairs/

The real challenge is jumping from ‘finals contender’ to ‘premiership contender’. There’s nothing to suggest Richmond is built to make that leap, and if anything, through the first five weeks of 2015 it looks like they’re going backwards.

In their 22 combined seasons, Brett Deledio, Dustin Martin and Trent Cotchin have a grand total of two All-Australian guernseys between them. By comparison, in 21 combined seasons Dane Swan and Scott Pendlebury have ten such selections.

Cotchin has regressed after establishing himself as a top ten player in the league during his phenomenal 2012 season. He hasn’t cracked even the 40-man All-Australian squad the past two years and of his eight three-vote performances across 2013 and 2014, seven of them came against Brisbane (twice), St Kilda (twice), Carlton (twice) and the Bulldogs (in Cotchin’s defence his one other three vote game was against Hawthorn). He’s fast on his way to earning a reputation as a flat-track bully, something that was not helped by his meek 16 touches in last year’s final against Port Adelaide.

Dustin Martin is a riddle wrapped inside a tattoo of an enigma. He has the raw talent of a generational star but his decision making ranges from ‘ingenious’ to ‘insufferable’. Brett Deledio is too talented of a player to have never polled more than 13 Brownlow votes in a season, and like Cotchin he goes missing in big games. Of the 18 games Richmond played against finalists in 2013 and 2014, Deledio polled Brownlow votes in just two of them.

Deledio, Martin and Cotchin are all fine football players – stars, even. But they’re not on the same level as Sam Mitchell, Jordan Lewis and Luke Hodge, or Josh Kennedy, Kieren Jack and Dan Hannebery, or Nat Fyfe, David Mundy and Stephen Hill.

Some might think it’s unfair to make those comparisons, but Deledio, Cotchin and Martin were taken 1, 2 and 3 in the draft – if those guys aren’t going to be your superstars, then who is? It’s a popular AFL-ism to say that you’re only as good as your bottom six, but sometimes it’s just as accurate to say that you’re only as good as your top three.

The state of affairs is bleak at Richmond. Eleven seasons without finals from 2002 to 2012 has given them nothing but three very good but not transcendent players, a perpetually frustrated Jack Riewoldt, a gun defender who might turn down millions and retire at the end of the season, and a supporting cast of role players who don’t suck. Damien Hardwick strikes me as the type of coach that was always destined to lead a fairy-tale journey to eighth spot before getting crushed by the reality of finals and the mythical monsters of ‘actual good teams’. That’s seems to be his ceiling, and it’s been reached.

Normally, I would implore Richmond fans to look on the bright side. Martin and Cotchin are only 24 and 25 – they still have a half-decade of their primes to make the leap. Rance likely isn’t going to turn down a monster contract. Brandon Ellis has the makings of a star, Anthony Miles looks like a Richmond lifer and there’s a 14 per cent chance that Reece Conca becomes the evolutionary Jordan Lewis. I could try and tell you to keep the faith and talk yourselves into all of this. But I’m not going to.

Richmond fans, it’s time to give up. Let go. Abandon any expectation of this football club. Tyler Durden is telling you that you’re only free to do anything when you’ve lost everything.

The Richmond Tigers have not gotten within 67 points of a grand final appearance since 1982, the same year that Raiders of the Lost Ark was first released in cinemas. It’s time to give up all hope and remove emotional investment from this team, because it’s not going anywhere. There’s something to be said for sticking with a club through good and through bad but that implies that there’s been some ‘good’ at some stage. Supporting Richmond has become an exercise in masochism.

Like Homer Simpson eating Pinchy the lobster, Richmond fans need to briefly embrace their pain and then just move on. The odds say that things will eventually get better, but ‘better’ seems as far away as it’s ever been. Until that stage arrives, Richmond fans have earned the right to abandon ship and then hop back on when the time for meaningful success has actually come. Some might call that bandwagon jumping. After three decades of unreasonable pain, misery and dejection, I call it being rational.

Listen here Jay Fu@king Croucher. You are entitled to yoiur opinion but dont ever put Tiger and bandwagoning in the same sentence.

EDIT - After more time to think about it, it needs to be said that your opinion is s**t and you are an absolute campaigner

Last edited:
Good on you I wanted to take the $6 but it seems when I back them they loose and i just wanted the win so I refused to back them

Not sure if anyone spotted this but Sportsbet on Thursday accidentally put up 100 to 1 B Ellis getting 30 disposals, they suspended betting an hour latter and then offered cash out $320 dollars for every $10. Young fella I know cashed in $1280 for his $40. Would have been hard watching last night as Ellis ended up just missing the 30 disposals.

Back