Autopsy Round 18: Richmond vs Hawthorn @ MCG - Changes for Adelaide

Vote for your top 5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ultimately it's Adelaide that are under the pump here

Don't think campo has "it" and the players are still in morning

Eddy betts could kick a ton though....

Watched some of the Swans Crows game this weekend and Adelaide certainly didn't look like a side fighting for a spot in finals. Sydney weren't particularly impressive the result more of a reflection on the crows than anything else.

Adelaide seemed distracted, looking like they just want the season to end and a fresh start...which with the Phil Walsh murder is understandable.

But there's a decent amount of talent on their list, so this could've been an aberration and they may come out firing for us.

2-3 goal per game player that pinch hits in the ruck, why does he need to get better?

I like him too, and I think he has improved, but how many times this year has he kicked 3?
If only we could combine the best of him and Griffiths thereby eliminating Tyrone s brain fades and Benny's sleepy time

* Caveat: I am drinking heavily as I type this

Ultimately it's Adelaide that are under the pump here

Don't think campo has "it" and the players are still in morning

Eddy betts could kick a ton though....
Yeah its unfortunate for their players and I wish em well but we need to be ruthless and not take em lightly for one second . We saw how cruel afl can be when you beat the best side in the comp yet drop down the ladder , as good as the dogs have been they are defitnetly beneficiaries of a soft draw

Yeah can't see how either of foley or petterd stay on the list past this year, which is a shame for foley. Knights might get a chance in last few games before finals to try and save his spot but looks gone.

Is Knights injured again?

Getting to late in the season for McBean unless forced in though other players injury.
Depth if needed 2015, a starter 2016
Disagree, he needs to be played now while there's a chance
If we lose Jack, with Griffiths already out, we're screwed

I watched the replay as I missed the game and although I knew the outcome, it was an interesting game to watch. I think the hawks are still easily the flag favorites, and they were in red hot form, but it didn't seem to click for them. That won't happen again, and I think the Hawks will take out their frustration out in the West, so I pity WCE.

So many positives. Lids is elite. The most complete game I've seen he play. Miles is a ball magnet that would be hard for oppositions to man up on. Ellis have moved up a notch, Martin's pass to Jack after weaving through traffic was magic. Maric's best game for the year. Cotchin's aggression set the tone for the night - and there's no way anyone can question his leadership now. Rance is a superstar. The entire backline is working so well at the moment, even the Hawks struggled to score against it. The improvement of Lambert is an interesting one. Dimma kept picking him, and now we know why. He is AFL standard and compliments our midfield. Jack didn't impact the scoreboard, but the forward line still kicked a winning score. Lennon will be a 250 gamer. So much class and poise at such a young age.

Funny how at the start of the season, our depth was questioned. Edwards walks straight into that side, and there's room for Hampson. C Ellis would be starting 22 early next year.

Coaching - Dimma said we could be any team in the comp on our day. We laughed. He was right.

We kicked straighter (than last week). Amazing how you win games of you kick straight.

There are no negatives. The only negative was the over umpiring by that Garden Gnome Chamberlain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coaching - Dimma said we could be any team in the comp on our day. We laughed. He was right.

From my perspective the issue hasn't been whether we can play well enough to beat the best. We've shown repeatedly that we can.

The problem has always been that the team goes missing for a quarter or two and it costs us. Being able to beat the best for only half a game simply isn't going to cut it.

On Friday we showed that we can play four quarters of solid football and I hope it becomes the new normal.

when media talk us up as flag contenders imma like dis

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

This may not be the best place to make this observation but I think the second worst thing that came out of Round 18 for the Hawks was the non goal decision against Gold Coast in their game against West Coast - the alleged touched on the line. A win to Gold Coast would have reduced West Coast's buffer to four points. The draw gives them an extra two points, effectively an extra game. This seriously reduces the Hawks chances of overtaking West Coast's second position on the ladder. Not sure that this matters to us anyway. We have to beat everyone we play against so it's all academic. But Hawthorn must be spewing.

West coast has games against freo and hawks. The draw had eliminated their percentage from calculations. It was a loss for them.

Btw..... Read the thread and a bit of history. We used to have a Centre half forward ruck who couldn't hang on to a ball. Had done serious brain fades and couldn't kick very well. In fact their was a collective groan when he marked the ball. The same sort of groan vickery gets. But 6 or 7 years into his career it clicked and he became part of the heart of the club to this day. Who is it?

West coast has games against freo and hawks. The draw had eliminated their percentage from calculations. It was a loss for them.

Btw..... Read the thread and a bit of history. We used to have a Centre half forward ruck who couldn't hang on to a ball. Had done serious brain fades and couldn't kick very well. In fact their was a collective groan when he marked the ball. The same sort of groan vickery gets. But 6 or 7 years into his career it clicked and he became part of the heart of the club to this day. Who is it?

Richard Lounder's Ghost with a bucket of KFC :)

Would we be talking Benny Gale?

Jayden Post

we would be. People always forget about how benny started as awkward and prone to brain fades.
As I recall, Benny finished his career playing full forward. His conversion percentage was spectacular. I also remember him having his nose broken in a match by his brother Michael - which was no small feat given Benny's height. And then there was the small matter of the possum at training which will forever remain shrouded in mystery.

As I recall, Benny finished his career playing full forward. His conversion percentage was spectacular. I also remember him having his nose broken in a match by his brother Michael - which was no small feat given Benny's height. And then there was the small matter of the possum at training which will forever remain shrouded in mystery.
I remember in Benny's last season against the Dogs he was belted in the head in a boundry ruck contest and lost a contact lense. He went all blury but still managed to sprint to the goal face and take a contested grab and kick the winning goal.

[Edit- just looked and Im sure this was the game. If benny is reading this, as we all know he is an avid follower of this page, he can let us know. http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=1413 ]

Benny 'Nearly takes marks' Gale.

Back