List Mgmt. AFC Player Contracts - Updates Please

Remove this Banner Ad

But we do have two possible upgrades playing in the magoos in McGovern and Ramsey. Both of them are playing the 'lynch' role there and doing very well. Mitch is the one I think who will quite likely oust Lynch out of the team.

True, and mayb thats the thinking on the 2 year deal.
We could almost sell high on Lynch, but the trouble is are Gov and Ramsey ready in 2016?

And are they going to give us 17 touches, 7 marks and 1.5 goals a game?

True, and mayb thats the thinking on the 2 year deal.
We could almost sell high on Lynch, but the trouble is are Gov and Ramsey ready in 2016?

And are they going to give us 17 touches, 7 marks and 1.5 goals a game?

Ramsey no, not next year, but McGovern is a possibility if the way he has come along this year and continues in a similar trajectory next year he could get close. He is a much better contested mark than Lynch and it's the gps numbers that I would be interested in seeing. Lynch would have some pretty insane ones with how hard he works.

Ramsey no, not next year, but McGovern is a possibility if the way he has come along this year and continues in a similar trajectory next year he could get close. He is a much better contested mark than Lynch and it's the gps numbers that I would be interested in seeing. Lynch would have some pretty insane ones with how hard he works.

Correct. Lynch burns his opponent into the ground which is why a relatively average looking player is able to get the numbers he does.

I dont watch the SANFL much at all, what is McGovern's tank like? It seems to me that's almost the most important thing for a player of Lynch's type.

Correct. Lynch burns his opponent into the ground which is why a relatively average looking player is able to get the numbers he does.

I dont watch the SANFL much at all, what is McGovern's tank like? It seems to me that's almost the most important thing for a player of Lynch's type.

Bit hard to really gauge anything because of his injury issues this year, but he has run hard when needed to and has a burst of speed and ability to float across a pack that Lynch doesn't have. I think that his endurance could very much get close to the Lynch level. *fingers crossed*

I do really like what Lynch brings to our forward line, but he does have deficiencies that McGovern doesn't have. In fact I would say that McGovern possibly has an x-factor that very few players have.

Bit hard to really gauge anything because of his injury issues this year, but he has run hard when needed to and has a burst of speed and ability to float across a pack that Lynch doesn't have. I think that his endurance could very much get close to the Lynch level. *fingers crossed*

I do really like what Lynch brings to our forward line, but he does have deficiencies that McGovern doesn't have. In fact I would say that McGovern possibly has an x-factor that very few players have.

Can McGovern get the uncontested marks is the question.
I know that sounds stupid, given that contested marks are harder to get and more valuable normally, but Lynch's ability to get free on the lead is the reason he's a successful player.

Would love to see McGovern given a go in the pre-season working across half back.

Can McGovern get the uncontested marks is the question.
I know that sounds stupid, given that contested marks are harder to get and more valuable normally, but Lynch's ability to get free on the lead is the reason he's a successful player.

Would love to see McGovern given a go in the pre-season working across half back.

He has done nice leads up the wing to take those marks during sanfl games I have seen, so the answer would be yup. :)

He's underrated because people dont realise hes quite important to our structure.
He's not a star like a Tex, but IMO he's far more important than JJ.

You could put RO'B in place of JJ and you wouldnt lose much, but we have nobody who plays like Lynch.

Nup cannot agree with saying he's more important than JJ. Lynch definitely is a work horse and does well average a goal or more a game with close to 20 touches. But someone like Danger who's already in our team could just as easy play Lynchs role if we needed and he can actually take a pack mark, Henderson probably could too. I'm not saying Lynch isn't a great player for us because we need him but saying he's more important than Lynch is stupid. We need JJ, but in saying that I don't see why next year we couldn't play Lynch and McGovern. But I'm hoping O'Brien plays along side JJ and Sauce.

Kerridge move home? Mildura doesn't have a team lol he's better off staying here.
fair point, I know a lot of mildura people and there is a decent split of mildura people who end up in SA as well as in vic so theres a fair chance he would have close mates from his younger days in both states.

The point remains though that those players are the most interesting of the unsigned. The fact they remain unsigned only adds to this (as well as puts queries around Crouch/CEY). Next few weeks will be telling as you'd expect most required players who are committed to be announced. Those not are either looking elsewhere, we don't want or out want for them will depend on other factors such as trade week

was more stats based discussion.

This is supposed to be an update thread on contracts. Not a discussion thread on players and stats.

It's in the stats thread. Start a new thread on the benefits of resigning Lynchy if you want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

was more stats based discussion.

This is supposed to be an update thread on contracts. Not a discussion thread on players and stats.

It's in the stats thread. Start a new thread on the benefits of resigning Lynchy if you want.

Nah all good, just wondering.
This is for contract status i guess, not contract discussion.

Play on.

Bickley seems to think that it's pretty much done and dusted, just a final few things they are tidying up before he signs off.

Can't really see him going elsewhere, confident he will sign on

Bickley seems to think that it's pretty much done and dusted, just a final few things they are tidying up before he signs off.

Can't really see him going elsewhere, confident he will sign on
Um who?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back