2015 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Pt. 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Membership revenue is the only thing that matters. Nothing else

Fagan has played it well

I think there are two measures of success. Membership revenue, as you say, is the primary one. Easiest to measure, too.

The other one is a bit more nebulous, but it's likelihood of future membership revenue. Does selling more 3-game memberships expose more fans to the side and perhaps lead to an increased demand for 11-game memberships in the future? Or perhaps even just lead to more incidental ticket sales? Hard to really quantify.

Given that we are basically maxed out on 11-game memberships, while Port could still sell more, it makes sense that we have our membership strategy and they have theirs.

You can use all of these arguments, but perception is the thing. People are hearing on the air waves, reading it on line and seeing it on the TV news. These people don't read Big Footy. They're going to think the Power has caught up to the Crows and over taken them. That's the thing that will stick in their minds, and I have to say I don't like that.

This will be forgotten in two or three days but those kind of people anyway.

And when they see more empty seats at Port's last game Saturday week compared to ours on Sunday they may have a chuckle about Port's claim of being the most popular club in SA. If indeed they actually remember.

Serious question - are there any categories of Port AFL membership that also encompass SANFL entitlements. If so, is there an equivalent for Crows memberships?

When I used to have Football Park membership I always had Cat1 which allowed access to a few SANFL games but that was before "One Club" and the Crows reserves.

I think there is an Ultimate Membership now that gets you into all games at AO and probably a few SANFL games. Are there other types tho, say a 3 game Power membership that also allows access to 5 SANFL games, or something like that? And a Crows equivalent?

I think there are two measures of success. Membership revenue, as you say, is the primary one. Easiest to measure, too.

The other one is a bit more nebulous, but it's likelihood of future membership revenue. Does selling more 3-game memberships expose more fans to the side and perhaps lead to an increased demand for 11-game memberships in the future? Or perhaps even just lead to more incidental ticket sales? Hard to really quantify.

Given that we are basically maxed out on 11-game memberships, while Port could still sell more, it makes sense that we have our membership strategy and they have theirs.
Is there any proof that this kind of person exists?

I tend to think the person who gets the three game membership compared to eleven games are time poor and don't see going to the footy as a priority.

Not to mention the risk of all of these members rock up to the same game, and even with getting there reasonably early still can't get a decent seat. So get turned off the product.

Serious question - are there any categories of Port AFL membership that also encompass SANFL entitlements. If so, is there an equivalent for Crows memberships?

When I used to have Football Park membership I always had Cat1 which allowed access to a few SANFL games but that was before "One Club" and the Crows reserves.

I think there is an Ultimate Membership now that gets you into all games at AO and probably a few SANFL games. Are there other types tho, say a 3 game Power membership that also allows access to 5 SANFL games, or something like that? And a Crows equivalent?

Essential Crows/Power does this. This is what I have (Crows). Gets all SANFL Finals, four SANFL games, any non Blockbuster games at the MCG and of course all the AFC Crows SANFL games.

Much prefer our policy of targeting 11-game memberships. Means that even for those games where we have crappy timeslots against crappy teams, we're still effectively 'selling out' tickets as they're mostly pre bought at the starts of the year. Port lose out massively if they draw small crowds which they've done many times this year.

Essential Crows/Power does this. This is what I have (Crows). Gets all SANFL Finals, four SANFL games, any non Blockbuster games at the MCG and of course all the AFC Crows SANFL games.

Funnily the recent Carlton v Collingwood game at the 'G was probably designated as a blockbuster .... and had about 55,000 empty seats.

You can use all of these arguments, but perception is the thing. People are hearing on the air waves, reading it on line and seeing it on the TV news. These people don't read Big Footy. They're going to think the Power has caught up to the Crows and over taken them. That's the thing that will stick in their minds, and I have to say I don't like that.

They'll be quickly forgotten once again when September comes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Keith Thomas equivalent of Fagans note to members starts with

Dear Members and Supporters,

I have some quite remarkable news to share with you today.

This morning, the AFL announced the industry membership stats for season 2015.

The official AFL-audited result shows Port Adelaide ahead of the Adelaide Crows in member number for the first time in our club’s history.

and ends with

Make no mistake, this is one of our club’s proudest moments.

All of a sudden they are concerned with what we are doing rather than their world domination or whatever it was this time last year.

All of a sudden they are concerned with what we are doing rather than their world domination or whatever it was this time last year.

It's proof their push into China seems to be working.

Also explains the lack of attendance against GWS...

The Keith Thomas equivalent of Fagans note to members starts with

and ends with

In even more remarkable news, your team lost to the bottom 2 teams on the ladder this year, had no chance of making the finals with 3 weeks to play ...... and you are still trying to put a positive spin on it.

WTF happened to u Keith Thomas, you former Norwood champion?! You make me sad.

Port just go hard for the fancy sounding number which is pumped up by their three gamers as it makes a good headline on social media for the unthinking types who can't think critically and believe all the rubbish the club spouts. Give me the higher, more sustainable 11-game membership numbers. The AFL's definition is arbitrary anyway. Three game memberships shouldn't be given equivalency with 11-gamers.

I saw KT's bullshit propaganda email this morning. Gee, don't the Tealsters lap it up? He writes the result shows the loyalty of the fanbase... I almost fell off my chair laughing. So having no fans when you're s**t and having a whole bunch of three gamers expecting to win the 2015 flag in January/February jumping on board is a sign of loyalty is it?:rolleyes:

I would have thought the club which has largely maintained their membership base and getting high-average crowds the year after being s**t for ANOTHER year is much more loyal.

Port just go hard for the fancy sounding number which is pumped up by their three gamers as it makes a good headline on social media for the unthinking types who can't think critically and believe all the rubbish the club spouts. Give me the higher, more sustainable 11-game membership numbers. The AFL's definition is arbitrary anyway. Three game memberships shouldn't be given equivalency with 11-gamers.

I saw KT's bullshit propaganda email this morning. Gee, don't the Tealsters lap it up? He writes the result shows the loyalty of the fanbase... I almost fell off my chair laughing. So having no fans when you're s**t and having a whole bunch of three gamers expecting to win the 2015 flag in January/February jumping on board is a sign of loyalty is it?:rolleyes:

I would have thought the club which has largely maintained their membership base and getting high-average crowds the year after being s**t for ANOTHER year is much more loyal.

Eventually people get sick of someone pissing in their ear! Just ask Trigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back