Autopsy Geelong lose to Collingwood by 48 points

Clark and Stanley looked like odd trade-ins on a night like tonight with Blicavs and Vardy holding up well. Geelong should've spent their money on some key defenders instead.

Ummm no, we had no ruck stocks to speak of at that stage, due to key injuries and being shite. I'm sure at hawthorn you know everything is debatable with hindsight. Good luck in the finals. #grindsteeth

Sounds good but if it happened, listen to the media call out that wer'e showing disrespect to the Crows and the AFL will step in and hit us with a massive fine. :(

why? as an opposition supporter but Geelong resident, I'd love to see the champs one last time. Disrespect is playing your 2nd 22. Playing your champs in their last match together is a top idea

Seriously wtf?? I was out all night at my kids basketball finals and only caught glimpses of the score. Seriously did we play terribly?? I'm gutted, I really thought we would easily account for the Pies given Menz back in the team and what was at stake. I need to go watch the game and try and get my head around what happened. A really disappointing end to a disappointing season Sure we have 1 game to go but really what difference does it make, its a dead rubber now.

Roll on 2016, hopefully we are MUCH better with the likes of Dangerfield etc coming on board.

'The uncontracted players are very clear on our thoughts.... That we are undecided. At least they are very clear where we stand'.

So much Brad in Chris. Gee they speak quickly. Must be a twin thing. Total brilliance mixed with absolute delusion. They are freaks.
Hes done a good job - and has got a good win/loss record - but i dont bother listening to him - he just talks and talks and talks - its just spin and bulldust

Geelong have reached a fork in the road ( hes contracted to 2017 - so nothing will happen ) - but next year id prefer a fresh start with a new coach

Ummm no, we had no ruck stocks to speak of at that stage, due to key injuries and being shite. I'm sure at hawthorn you know everything is debatable with hindsight. Good luck in the finals. #grindsteeth

Blicavs/Simpson/McIntosh with Hawkins able to play part-time on exposed form should've been enough. I don't think Geelong traded well, getting Clark and Stanley was overkill.

Blicavs/Simpson/McIntosh with Hawkins able to play part-time on exposed form should've been enough. I don't think Geelong traded well, getting Clark and Stanley was overkill.

McIntosh was cooked from the end of 2014 and didn't manage a senior game this season.

Simpson's papers are stamped.

Blicavs' best position is as a midfielder or utility.

So if Simpson and Mcintosh aren't there next year, and we did as you suggested and not grabbed Stanley and Clark, our ruck department would be Blicavs and Hawkins pinch hitting?!?!?

Coach the same way too
Chris definitely seems to be the alpha twin. Brad in the shadows to a degree in life. Both speak fluent Bullsit and are tediously diplomatic.

They'd have to be the best around at shifting blame. I suppose having lifetime alibi/witness/twin can give you the confidence just to ramble absolute nonsense and excuses and people are mesmerized by the sound of it.

It's not really charm and hate driven like Malthouses crap, it's more ego and a wanting for legitimacy.

Both are A grade assistant coaches. Maybe it's harsh and all they need is to be 45 years of age, but until Brad fills North with every outcast/ring in he can find, he's nothing more than a man that stamps a big ceiling of mediocrity on a football club.

Bad luck boys but that's what happens when you put in a half baked effort.

So happy for Menz, truly a shining light by all reports.

Sounds like Scott did nothing per usual too?

Bring back Bomber, Scott doesn't have the tenacity in the box, gets outcoached more often than not.

Sad but true.

Just a lamentable effort. 39 Inside 50s! That's shithouse. If you want to go by tonight's game, you could put a line through up to 10-12 players so no point honing in on individuals. We make the Pies look like champions about every 3rd game. I tell you what made me sick was watching Williams and Greenwood give it to Selwood with no help from our team. Neither of them are fit to carry his bags into the ground.

Anyway, I have to break the news to the kids in about 6 hours that we got smashed so better focus on that. Hope they don't insist on watching the replay.

So if Simpson and Mcintosh aren't there next year, and we did as you suggested and not grabbed Stanley and Clark, our ruck department would be Blicavs and Hawkins pinch hitting?!?!?

If Simpson and McIntosh aren't there next year then you would go for rucks in this trade period for sure. I think one genuine ruck should have done it.

Pathetic effort all night ,mids were disgusting missed Duncan ,caddy ,need to beat Adelaide next week before danger changes his mind. MENZELLLL what a star .

other posters will tell you....injured, shite, injured, shite
all others stop gap, out of position.
especially hawk as you may well remember

The pessimist in me says he will go and all of the free agents we want will choose other clubs and we will be stuck with Clark who then retires again. Hopefully not.

Clark won't retire yet. He'll miss the first 3 weeks, play the next month, show a bit, then need to take time off and will be sent to Europe. The important thing will be his viability as a long term player for us.

That was an insipid, horrible effort and it will see some legendary careers end. That being said, Menzel's performance meant I didn't regret attending the game. Will head down to Geelong next week to say farewell to some all-time legends who have sadly seen the finish line approach them suddenly and harshly. Kelly, an all-time favourite of mine, had a depressing game out there. Bartel - I feel like he could go on another year or two but not if he's constantly going to be played in positions that don't flatter him. Small forward/rotating mid or nothing, says I.

Blicavs, Menzel, hold your heads up high. You had a real crack tonight. Everyone else, I'll speak to you in the morning when I'm less angry at you.

why? as an opposition supporter but Geelong resident, I'd love to see the champs one last time. Disrespect is playing your 2nd 22. Playing your champs in their last match together is a top idea
Who was missing from the pies best 22 tonight other than cloke?

Back