List Mgmt. McDonough and Arnot delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd hope not - Moore is a battling mid/half-forward - every side has half-a-dozen of those on their list. Keep churning them over, hoping to find the gun (ie someone not like Moore). Shaw is too small. You have to be AT LEAST 200+ cms these days to be a ruck (unless you have a leap like NicNat - and he's still 201).

Moore is on the way out, with the family connection and potential he may come on in a change of environment a one year contract wouldn't hurt. 5 retirements and 2 delistings is going to be hard to fill with all kids.

Shaw isn't a Ruckman, he is a mobile key forward, has loomed handy at SANFL level but his wretched run of injuries are seeing to a career cut short. I think he would excel at Fremantle or Richmond, even Hawthorn.

Sorry guys, intruder posting I know but...

Delisting McDonough just stinks, seems a bit of a Recent Richmond thing to invest a little into kids and dump them away if they don't go on to be stars, yet draft/trade in bit part players from other clubs with little upside!

McDonough would be ?22, just seems like you're jumping the gun throwing away a kid you have invested 2/3 years in who looks like a GOOD VFL player. Depth wins flags and in two years anything could be a possibility.

He won't get picked up again and won't hurt you guys, but if he was to come on he would certainly Help you. With all the retirements already this year you possibly could have kept him on a one year contract? If he WASN'T on your list posting the State league numbers he has been, would you guys look at him like you have previously with state level players, McIntosh?
Actually that's not true at all. If anything we hold onto them for too long. At the end of the day, Madonna couldn't stand up and be counted when he played in the ones. Was decent in the 2's but not in the ones. I didn't see any trait that made me stand up and watch, and it only had to be a kick or action.

Hilarious if he ended up joining Port and doing a Schulz
Schulz iis and always was crazy tough and brave.
Holds Griffiths back. Just a bit choosy and laconic.

Schulz iis and always was crazy tough and brave.
Holds Griffiths back. Just a bit choosy and laconic.

Schulz was just as laconic as Griffiths during his time with us and whilst he isn't as brave as Schulz, Griffiths has put his body in places that have ultimately ended in injury or concussion.

Schulz was just as laconic as Griffiths during his time with us and whilst he isn't as brave as Schulz, Griffiths has put his body in places that have ultimately ended in injury or concussion.
Schulz was ridiculously brave at Richmond. They are poles apart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schulz was nicknamed capt snooze when with us
Yeah I know and I don't dispute that.
I'm just saying though he never lacked for that real competiveness when the ball found him.
Griff seems like doesn't care.
I do find it odd though that he often looks lively in the first quarter and then slowly fades to the point where you wonder if he's actually playing.
I guess what I'm saying is you could always see Schulz would end up a very good player when you coupled the above up with his superb kicking for goal.
Sadly Griff is the anti Schulz there too.
I just wonder how fair dinkum he is.
Hopefully if he stays which I find very unlikely he proves me wrong.

thats tough on Griff. against the Dockers he looked a million bucks. he benefits when the game is going well, and the ball is coming in correctly. I think he was really finding his strides when he did his finger and then basically missed 2 months and came into an EF underdone.
Had he not played and we played mcBean and had the same result, everyone would have been saying that we should have risked Griff.
He still has not had a full season, or anywhere near a full season. This was his best year by far, and since he is only 22, i'd expect next year he'd have that belief that when he is fit, he is a pretty good player.

Moore is on the way out, with the family connection and potential he may come on in a change of environment a one year contract wouldn't hurt. 5 retirements and 2 delistings is going to be hard to fill with all kids.

Shaw isn't a Ruckman, he is a mobile key forward, has loomed handy at SANFL level but his wretched run of injuries are seeing to a career cut short. I think he would excel at Fremantle or Richmond, even Hawthorn.

Why all the talk about a ruckman...wtf is Dimma holding back Grigg from the number 1 ruck spot FFS

thats tough on Griff. against the Dockers he looked a million bucks. he benefits when the game is going well, and the ball is coming in correctly. I think he was really finding his strides when he did his finger and then basically missed 2 months and came into an EF underdone.
Had he not played and we played mcBean and had the same result, everyone would have been saying that we should have risked Griff.
He still has not had a full season, or anywhere near a full season. This was his best year by far, and since he is only 22, i'd expect next year he'd have that belief that when he is fit, he is a pretty good player.
Needs to play down back bc we lack pace down there with flossy batch grimes Chaplin

Griff isn't being held behind having to try break into a team that included richo and browny like Schulz was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back