Disgusted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 28, 2006
MT OLYMPUS
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Olympiakos, McLaren
Those little pieces of shit that have ended the life of that nurse yesterday need to be found and beaten to an absolute pulp. I volunteer my services.

Am innocent woman walking to/from the shops and a group of, obviously, poorly parentented dickheads decide to ride their bikes in a heavily populated area and then ride off when they commit a crime.

Little cowards need public stoning or bashing. She is going to be harvested and kids and a husband left without mother and wife.

Absolutely disgraceful acts. I hope these kids cop absolute beltings once they're caught.

Those little pieces of shit that have ended the life of that nurse yesterday need to be found and beaten to an absolute pulp. I volunteer my services.

Am innocent woman walking to/from the shops and a group of, obviously, poorly parentented dickheads decide to ride their bikes in a heavily populated area and then ride off when they commit a crime.

Little cowards need public stoning or bashing. She is going to be harvested and kids and a husband left without mother and wife.

Absolutely disgraceful acts. I hope these kids cop absolute beltings once they're caught.

I haven't heard about this. Link?

Wow, that's tragic.

So much awful news this week, the increasing number of reckless, violent incidents in this country is starting to worry me. The step dad in NSW that beat his 12yo daughter to death, the pregnant woman in Sydney who was stabbed to death by her partner, the six year old girl killed by her father in Brisbane - WTF's going on?

Since when did it become the norm to kill women and children in our society? Who are these coward men who bash their partners and children? They should be castrated.

They've arrested a group of them tonight and they aren't as young as first thought, talking 16-18 years old here, should be all tried as adults and the one who hit her should get 20 + years in gaol, no apologies there, lock him up.

Ok shoot me down in flames but I disagree with all of you.

From what I can gather a guy on a bike accidentally hit a pedestrian, panicked and fled. Would not have thought at the time that he had caused serious injury.
The outcome was tragic. But the act wasn't done maliciously. It was an accident from what I gather.

Can't see why we are calling for their heads. Yes they need to be punished, but lets keep the incident in perspective.

If they purposely were out to try to bowl over pedestrians then I recant what I said above.

Wow, that's tragic.

So much awful news this week, the increasing number of reckless, violent incidents in this country is starting to worry me. The step dad in NSW that beat his 12yo daughter to death, the pregnant woman in Sydney who was stabbed to death by her partner, the six year old girl killed by her father in Brisbane - WTF's going on?

Since when did it become the norm to kill women and children in our society? Who are these coward men who bash their partners and children? They should be castrated.

Lol it's not the norm, not by any means. Violence against women just happens to be the hot-button issue of the time and the media are going to ride that wave because it inspires emotional reactions like yours. Issues like these happen to be extra juicy for the media because they've got a tangential social justice flavour and the divisiveness that identity politics can inspire. It all creates more discussion, more interest in the issue, and more and more ad revenue for the media. So any act of violence gets latched onto by the media and pushed into a position of prominence, so you just perceive it to be more frequent than it was in the past because it wasn't reported then.

1. The bike was unregistered.
2. All the riders were unlicensed.
3. They were riding them in a crowded area, when they are made to be ridden in open areas.
4. They are culpable for anything that happens after the first 3 points, simple.

AND FIVE, the big one, NOT ONE, not one of the 5-6 riders stopped to offer any assistance or call an ambulance.

Nah, no sympathy here, our legal system is piss weak so even the idiot who ran her over won't get long, but they should, they should be facing gaol time and would be in most other countries.

Lol it's not the norm, not by any means. Violence against women just happens to be the hot-button issue of the time and the media are going to ride that wave because it inspires emotional reactions like yours. Issues like these happen to be extra juicy for the media because they've got a tangential social justice flavour and the divisiveness that identity politics can inspire. It all creates more discussion, more interest in the issue, and more and more ad revenue for the media. So any act of violence gets latched onto by the media and pushed into a position of prominence, so you just perceive it to be more frequent than it was in the past because it wasn't reported then.

I'd say it's actually the opposite. Two women per week are killed due to domestic violence, and it's been under reported and the politicians have barely given it any attention, until Turnbull said something about it yesterday.

The $100 million funding Turnbull announced to tackle the issue came after the Abbott government slashed $200 million from the services that help men and women in these circumstances.

Domestic violence has been anything but a priority in this country (compared to national security, ASIO, terrorism, which received $600 million in additional funding), despite the alarming rates.

That's why we end up with more wasted money & bullshit laws.

Why, why do we have different punishments for crimes against women or kids or homosexual etc?

The crime is the crime.

Yes by all means have public campaigns & adds that highlight & inform people, like violence against women.

Leave the law out of it.

1. The bike was unregistered.
2. All the riders were unlicensed.
3. They were riding them in a crowded area, when they are made to be ridden in open areas.
4. They are culpable for anything that happens after the first 3 points, simple.

AND FIVE, the big one, NOT ONE, not one of the 5-6 riders stopped to offer any assistance or call an ambulance.

Nah, no sympathy here, our legal system is piss weak so even the idiot who ran her over won't get long, but they should, they should be facing gaol time and would be in most other countries.
And the pedestrian, was she crossing at a pedestrian crossing or taking a short cut and not using one.
Not that it matters in this case because as you pointed out the riders were unlicensed so the are automatically to blame.

I know that like many young adolescent men I did some stupid things in my youth. Thankfully no one was ever hurt but I sometimes look back at some of the things my mates and I got up to and think "wow that was idiotic. That could have had some seriously negative consequences". At the time these things were never done with malice. Just some boys out having a laugh and being larrikins.

My point is that before we judge we should employ some empathy. Are these kids really "bad" kids or are they guys who made a stupid mistake and who now have to be punished.

Marley Williams broke a guys jaw last year. That incident could have been worse. The guy could have fallen hit his head and died. Is Marley a bad person? No. He obviously would have been punished if the above had happened but it doesn't make him a bad person.

What I see in that video is a group of young guys being larrikins, then accidentally hitting a pedestrian, panicking and fleeing. They wouldn't have stopped because as you pointed out they have no licences so would have been in the sh*t and I would imagine they had no idea that they seriously hurt someone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say it's actually the opposite. Two women per week a killed due to domestic violence, and it's been under reported and the politicians have barely given it any attention, until Turnbull said something about it yesterday.

The $100 million funding Turnbull announced to tackle the issue came after the Abbott government slashed $200 million from the services that help men and women in these circumstances.

Domestic violence has been anything but a priority in this country, despite the alarming rates.

Turnbull is a politician looking to turn the Liberal Party around. I'd suppose that Turnbull more than doubling the number of women in the cabinet, then introducing such an initiative is more about separating himself from the memory of Abbott, who had a poor reputation regarding women. Good timing for it as well, given the media fervour surrounding the issue.

I agree that one person killed due to domestic violence is one too many, I've just always been cynical about what can actually be accomplished. The overwhelming majority understand not to batter your partner, or assault somebody, but there will always be some people who will and I think that's something you can't eradicate. As Obese Arachnid said, I'm just concerned this social media wave will end up being something the politicians piggy-back off to bolster their public standing, wasting money and time on something that looks good, but doesn't really achieve anything.

And the pedestrian, was she crossing at a pedestrian crossing or taking a short cut and not using one.
Not that it matters in this case because as you pointed out the riders were unlicensed so the are automatically to blame.

I know that like many young adolescent men I did some stupid things in my youth. Thankfully no one was ever hurt but I sometimes look back at some of the things my mates and I got up to and think "wow that was idiotic. That could have had some seriously negative consequences". At the time these things were never done with malice. Just some boys out having a laugh and being larrikins.

My point is that before we judge we should employ some empathy. Are these kids really "bad" kids or are they guys who made a stupid mistake and who now have to be punished.

Marley Williams broke a guys jaw last year. That incident could have been worse. The guy could have fallen hit his head and died. Is Marley a bad person? No. He obviously would have been punished if the above had happened but it doesn't make him a bad person.

What I see in that video is a group of young guys being larrikins, then accidentally hitting a pedestrian, panicking and fleeing. They wouldn't have stopped because as you pointed out they have no licences so would have been in the sh*t and I would imagine they had no idea that they seriously hurt someone.
Have to admit, I've calmed down & agree with you. (shit, when I think-having said that, in a public place:rolleyes: )

I thought it was more malicious when I made my earlier comments.

Needs to be a decent sentence though, not just community based wank off.

Have to admit, I've calmed down & agree with you. (shit, when I think-having said that, in a public place:rolleyes: )

I thought it was more malicious when I made my earlier comments.

Needs to be a decent sentence though, not just community based wank off.
Absolutely. And if someone has died I imagine it will be some prison time.
The point I was trying to make is we shouldn't assume these guys are terrible people without looking at all the facts. I bet they are probably curled up in a corner at the moment trying to come to grips with what has resulted from their actions.

Absolutely. And if someone has died I imagine it will be some prison time.
The point I was trying to make is we shouldn't assume these guys are terrible people without looking at all the facts. I bet they are probably curled up in a corner at the moment trying to come to grips with what has resulted from their actions.
She was crossing on a pedestrian crossing and mowed down.
I don't think the bikes needed to be registered, or the boys have licences, as they're just cheap low cc bikes, however many kids have been hooning around the area for the last few days.
They probably were just 'having a bit of fun' and panicked when they actually hit her so ran off, however the consequences are horrific - for all concerned

Wow, that's tragic.

Society is Totally F**ked

She was crossing on a pedestrian crossing and mowed down.
I don't think the bikes needed to be registered, or the boys have licences, as they're just cheap low cc bikes, however many kids have been hooning around the area for the last few days.
They probably were just 'having a bit of fun' and panicked when they actually hit her so ran off, however the consequences are horrific - for all concerned

That is the Problem when School Holidays. Too Many Bored Kids Around

From what I can gather a guy on a bike accidentally hit a pedestrian, panicked and fled. Would not have thought at the time that he had caused serious injury.
The outcome was tragic. But the act wasn't done maliciously. It was an accident from what I gather.

Can't see why we are calling for their heads. Yes they need to be punished, but lets keep the incident in perspective.

If they purposely were out to try to bowl over pedestrians then I recant what I said above.
Can't really agree. The fact is they were hooning through a shopping centre car park on bikes that they weren't supposed to be riding. I've got no doubt that they had no intention of being involved in such an incident, but their actions were asking for trouble and unfortunately, they got it.

Also, when it comes to incidents on the road, there is no such thing as an accident. It is a collision and someone is always to blame. Of course if you asked them if they went out deliberately to run this lady over they would say no. But it matters little imo.

Ottoman. You're in Europe. One thing I absolutely hated were the youth on their scooters racing about doing 50 60 km with no respect to road rules and others safety. Pedestrian crossing, footpaths, children play area, nothing was safe. No accountability whatsoever and highly aggressive when you get hold of them.
This situation reminds me so much of that. Accidents waiting to happen because those kids act irresponsible deliberately ; they know they are a risk and they get away with it. Until they hurt themselves or someone else. Then suddenly they are good kids, didn't mean it to happen, didn't mean any harm , got a promising future etc etc. Yeah right. If they become adults, they get a powered up car and become even bigger @ssholes on the roads.

Ottoman. You're in Europe. One thing I absolutely hated were the youth on their scooters racing about doing 50 60 km with no respect to road rules and others safety. Pedestrian crossing, footpaths, children play area, nothing was safe. No accountability whatsoever and highly aggressive when you get hold of them.
This situation reminds me so much of that. Accidents waiting to happen because those kids act irresponsible deliberately ; they know they are a risk and they get away with it. Until they hurt themselves or someone else. Then suddenly they are good kids, didn't mean it to happen, didn't mean any harm , got a promising future etc etc. Yeah right. If they become adults, they get a powered up car and become even bigger @ssholes on the roads.

Tell a Teenager not to do something. Guess what they are going to do……?

Tell a Teenager not to do something. Guess what they are going to do……?
I know the answer. They will do it anyway. But if you warn them first, you can say "I told you so" when you bring the hammer down on them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back