Disgusted.

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a lot of terrible stories in the news at the moment, but this one just absolutely moved me. Watching that video was truly sickening and don't tell me "Oh they panicked", when you hurt someone you stop and lend a hand for Pete's sake.

It was directly in front of a shopping centre, with people everywhere and both bikes just flew through the pedestrian crossing with pedestrians on it. Nobody considers consequences these days, people just rush off and do the stupidest thing they can think of.

This was truly disgusting and to think those poor kids (aged 2 and 3) have to say goodbye to their mum and will gradually find it harder and harder to remember her, what a tragedy.

There's a lot of terrible stories in the news at the moment, but this one just absolutely moved me. Watching that video was truly sickening and don't tell me "Oh they panicked", when you hurt someone you stop and lend a hand for Pete's sake.

It was directly in front of a shopping centre, with people everywhere and both bikes just flew through the pedestrian crossing with pedestrians on it. Nobody considers consequences these days, people just rush off and do the stupidest thing they can think of.

This was truly disgusting and to think those poor kids (aged 2 and 3) have to say goodbye to their mum and will gradually find it harder and harder to remember her, what a tragedy.
Yep. All tough with the look at me how brave I am with no respect for others attitude but when it comes down to it, scattering away like the cockroaches that they are.

Ok shoot me down in flames but I disagree with all of you.

From what I can gather a guy on a bike accidentally hit a pedestrian, panicked and fled. Would not have thought at the time that he had caused serious injury.
The outcome was tragic. But the act wasn't done maliciously. It was an accident from what I gather.

Can't see why we are calling for their heads. Yes they need to be punished, but lets keep the incident in perspective.

If they purposely were out to try to bowl over pedestrians then I recant what I said above.

Probably the first time I'll disagree with you but no.

These little idiots were joining through a shopping center on mini motor bikes which can probably hit 60-80kms an hour.

The sheer audacity of these idiots riding through a place, which normally has many mothers and kids visiting, shows how disrespectful and brazen the young kids are today. We have them here where I live and They cause all sort of trouble. I had one dick almost run over my daughter 6 or so months back. I tried in vain to catch him and I even waited for the next couple of days at the park around the same time to see if could find him. To his luck I couldn't. Otherwise his bike would have been in pieces and I would of dragged him to the cop shop.

Done get me wrong I was a bit of bad kids myself and got up to some pretty naught stuff. But I always respected others and never hurt anyone but myself from my actions. And when in the odd circumstance my stuff up did affect someone else I always copped what was due.

The problem with kids today is they know they'll get away with virtually anything or at very least get minimal punishment. Diversion programs, bail, counseling... To me that's all rubbish.

Parents should be disciplining their own kids and be liable for any idiocy they commit if it's found that they don't discipline them properly - no I don't condone bashing/beating or hurting kids - a smack in the bum teaches kids about consequences. Something kids these days lack.

Discipline and respect is sorely missing from our kids today. Not all but a vast great many more than when I was there age only 15 or so years ago.

Tell a Teenager not to do something. Guess what they are going to do……?

Depends on how much time the parent has spent drilling into the child what is right and wrong, whether or not the parent has given the child the tools to make smart decisions, and also helps if he parents actually make an effort to know what their kids are doing.

Having said that I understand some kids are beyond all that and are plain bad - I grew up with a guy like that, he was the only exception - but id put my balls on it that 95% of kids that are raised well don't do idiotic things like this.

I'd say it's actually the opposite. Two women per week are killed due to domestic violence, and it's been under reported and the politicians have barely given it any attention, until Turnbull said something about it yesterday.

The $100 million funding Turnbull announced to tackle the issue came after the Abbott government slashed $200 million from the services that help men and women in these circumstances.

Domestic violence has been anything but a priority in this country (compared to national security, ASIO, terrorism, which received $600 million in additional funding), despite the alarming rates.

The politicians in charge are all to blame. From parole violation to very dangerous mental patients being free to roam the streets.

They always seem to protect the people most likely to cause these crimes and heinous acts. Even drug and drink drivers.

If parole boards were named do you think we'd have Adrian baileys walking the streets and the Jill meagres and the poor 17 year old Serbian girl - name escapes me - being killed? No. But these unnamed pricks get to tell us who is allowed to live in our society without us being any wiser to the risk they present.

Even these paedophiles are a protected bunch.

Same old story the scum of the earth have "civil rights" and "liberties" while good innocent people get their lives destroyed by our pathetic legal systems desire to rehab criminals instead of subjecting to 14 days of hard labor and bread and water.

I do 14 hour days to survive, I punish myself to live while these pricks get it on a plate with a minutes work. Great system.

Depends on how much time the parent has spent drilling into the child what is right and wrong, whether or not the parent has given the child the tools to make smart decisions, and also helps if he parents actually make an effort to know what their kids are doing.

Having said that I understand some kids are beyond all that and are plain bad - I grew up with a guy like that, he was the only exception - but id put my balls on it that 95% of kids that are raised well don't do idiotic things like this.

So you are saying the Family was from Broken Home and live in Commission House?

Throw away the key, kids these days are a protected species, they were in an area where there was a high chance this could happen due to their actions, this no accident, thats bullshit and a cop out.
To not even stop and render assistance is disgusting and had they got away with it they would have.
Now we will hear excuse after excuse from lawyers why Snowflake child no1 and no2 were lashing out and acting the way they were.

Just like the countless young adults that get off or very lightly due to 'upbringing' excuses and lack of accountability means a lot of people are ticking time bombs and running the gauntlet until something serious really happens, then it becomes a game of deflecting the responsibility.

Society has gone to the s**t!

So you are saying the Family was from Broken Home and live in Commission House?

No Davo. Bad parents come from everywhere. Comission homes, middle class, high class. Anywhere.

I just think parents these days are more concerned with themselves than raising kids. After all, they had they should do the job properly

You can't have kids and not expect to parent them. I'd love to Lots more things than I currently do, but , as I have kids my priorities are to raise them and educate them to become intelligent, good, respectable and hard working people... My wife and I made them.

If parole boards were named do you think we'd have Adrian baileys walking the streets and the Jill meagres and the poor 17 year old Serbian girl - name escapes me - being killed? No. But these unnamed pricks get to tell us who is allowed to live in our society without us being any wiser to the risk they present.
Oh don't get me started on this. That Serbian Girl was about 400 mtr from where I live. Every time we go past that spot , the flowers are still there and we are reminded of vermin that are let loose on the streets just to keep up the appearance of civilized society. I don't want naming of parole boards . I don't care who they are but I do want accountability. Same for the judges. No more lenient sentencing.

Oh don't get me started on this. That Serbian Girl was about 400 mtr from where I live. Every time we go past that spot , the flowers are still there and we are reminded of vermin that are let loose on the streets just to keep up the appearance of civilized society. I don't want naming of parole boards . I don't care who they are but I do want accountability. Same for the judges. No more lenient sentencing.

Why wouldn't you want parole boards named? Would you want to know which people were responsible for allowing the paedophilles, rapists, murderers back on the streets to violate the lives of our loved ones?

They have no accountability.

If you take your car to a mechanic and he fails to fix your brakes correctly and you die as a result he goes to prison. Why should parole boards be exempt from punishment when people's lives are put at risk.

All of the system needs to be rebuilt to protect the good in our society. All these crims need to be locked up and treated like the scum they are.

They get it far too easy.... Far too easy. If you aren't capable of living in society then you should never be allowed to re enter it.

Why wouldn't you want parole boards named? Would you want to know which people were responsible for allowing the paedophilles, rapists, murderers back on the streets to violate the lives of our loved ones?
They have no accountability.
If you take your car to a mechanic and he fails to fix your brakes correctly and you die as a result he goes to prison. Why should parole boards be exempt from punishment when people's lives are put at risk.
All of the system needs to be rebuilt to protect the good in our society. All these crims need to be locked up and treated like the scum they are.

They get it far too easy.... Far too easy. If you aren't capable of living in society then you should never be allowed to re enter it.
Totally agree with you for a minor detail. I want parole boards to be accountable but I don't want to know or have to know who they are. Who cares. That doesn't work for judges either who still get on with their job , even with their names in the paper. Just put them in prison with their former clientele and see how forgiving they have become.

Totally agree with you for a minor detail. I want parole boards to be accountable but I don't want to know or have to know who they are. Who cares. That doesn't work for judges either who still get on with their job , even with their names in the paper. Just put them in prison with their former clientele and see how forgiving they have become.

I understand your point. I believe they'd be a lot less understanding, with regards to being so lenient, if they knew that their decisions had repercussions. Will never be held accountable unless, at least the reasoning behind their decisions if not their identity, becomes open for public scrutiny.

I'm sure the families of the Jill meagres and Musa vukotics
of this work would like be able to look at these people in the eye and ask why.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Davo. Bad parents come from everywhere. Comission homes, middle class, high class. Anywhere.

I just think parents these days are more concerned with themselves than raising kids. After all, they had they should do the job properly

You can't have kids and not expect to parent them. I'd love to Lots more things than I currently do, but , as I have kids my priorities are to raise them and educate them to become intelligent, good, respectable and hard working people... My wife and I made them.

I do get that Feeling that Parents today are more Concerned about themselves and put there Partners and Kids 2nd behind them.

Well the Courts are Weak as Water anyway

I understand your point. I believe they'd be a lot less understanding, with regards to being so lenient, if they knew that their decisions had repercussions. Will never be held accountable unless, at least the reasoning behind their decisions if not their identity, becomes open for public scrutiny.

I'm sure the families of the Jill meagres and Musa vukotics
of this work would like be able to look at these people in the eye and ask why.
I am very weary of 'public' scrutiny. The process of parole boards should be indeed more transparent.
But if I look at court cases. We know why sentences are handed out, who the judges are but still that doesn't stop vermin from getting off light. So there has to be done more than the name and 'shame'.

I am very weary of 'public' scrutiny. The process of parole boards should be indeed more transparent.
But if I look at court cases. We know why sentences are handed out, who the judges are but still that doesn't stop vermin from getting off light. So there has to be done more than the name and 'shame'.

I reckon mandatory minimum sentencing would help. I'd even abolish parole altogether.

Even for minor crimes like carrying a knife something like a 5 year minimum sentence would make any sane person think twice.

Guilt of rape? Minimum 20.

Over 0.5? Here a 5 year license ban. Do it twice? Banned for life.

Drug driving? Life ban.

Murdered someone? 50 years minimum.

Paedophille? Straight to an another inhabited island full of taipans. Leave them with a pallet of baked beans and some sharp knives and let them fend for themselves.

Deal drugs? 20 minimum and you have to volunteer yourself as a human test rat for big pharmacutical companies to conduct side effect tests.

I'd be a great law maker. I'd even bring back the lash.

I reckon mandatory minimum sentencing would help. I'd even abolish parole altogether.

Even for minor crimes like carrying a knife something like a 5 year minimum sentence would make any sane person think twice.

Drug driving? Life ban.

Paedophille? Straight to an another inhabited island full of taipans. Leave them with a pallet of baked beans and some sharp knives and let them fend for themselves.

Deal drugs? 20 minimum and you have to volunteer yourself as a human test rat for big pharmacutical companies to conduct side effect tests.

Why not send them all to a island on the other side of the world with a collection of the most venomous creatures on Earth and be done with them? ;)
I would like to see minimum sentencing for the clear cut cases but there are exemptions where even a minimum sentence is just wrong. A dad murdering the rapist of his daughter. Paedophille coz a 15 girl told her BF that she was over 16. Drug driving becomes less excusable, drink driving ditto. But just minimum is wrong and as soon as we start to follow the letter of the law, things become really akward. I am all for some freedom in sentencing but there are limits to the number of chances people should get. Something like the 3 strikes system of the US, the repeat offenders are the ones we need to keep of the streets.

Why not send them all to a island on the other side of the world with a collection of the most venomous creatures on Earth and be done with them? ;)
I would like to see minimum sentencing for the clear cut cases but there are exemptions where even a minimum sentence is just wrong. A dad murdering the rapist of his daughter. Paedophille coz a 15 girl told her BF that she was over 16. Drug driving becomes less excusable, drink driving ditto. But just minimum is wrong and as soon as we start to follow the letter of the law, things become really akward. I am all for some freedom in sentencing but there are limits to the number of chances people should get. Something like the 3 strikes system of the US, the repeat offenders are the ones we need to keep of the streets.

Yep, you're right, it's not clear cut and I'm boderline draconian and that's probably got too many holes. It's a good debate though. And something that needs to be discussed more.

Yep, you're right, it's not clear cut and I'm boderline draconian and that's probably got too many holes. It's a good debate though. And something that needs to be discussed more.

I agree these kids need to be punished by the law.. but i also think that luck plays a major role in our lives ie. being at the right place at the right time and being in the wrong place at the wrong time.. eg im sure weve all broken road rules at some time in our lives.. for the most part we dont get caught. road laws are there to deter accidents and im sure weve all travelled beyond the speed limit in side streets etc.. it would be considered unucky if we say hit a pedestrian when we all have broken the same law at sometime in our lives. its the 1 in 1000 driver that bears the brunt of it all when in effect it could easily be any one of us.

I agree these kids need to be punished by the law.. but i also think that luck plays a major role in our lives ie. being at the right place at the right time and being in the wrong place at the wrong time.. eg im sure weve all broken road rules at some time in our lives.. for the most part we dont get caught. road laws are there to deter accidents and im sure weve all travelled beyond the speed limit in side streets etc.. it would be considered unucky if we say hit a pedestrian when we all have broken the same law at sometime in our lives. its the 1 in 1000 driver that bears the brunt of it all when in effect it could easily be any one of us.
Do agree up to some degree. Accidents do happen. What is at stake is how far a person is from normal or acceptable behavior for that accident allowing to happen. One day I might hit someone in my car too. I do my best but I am not perfect. Maybe it is my turn to be at the wrong spot at the wrong time when I am cycling . So be it. That is the price we pay to have a bit of freedom in our lives. To have that unpredictability that something good / bad happens because people can make their own decisions. With that freedom comes responsibility for yourself and others wellbeing. Common sense goes a long way. Heaven forbid we slide down even more down the path of a nanny state . I don't want to live constantly being told what to do or get nailed to the cross for not doing it.
You can't tell me those kids were doing their end of the bargain.

Drug driving? Life ban.

Not crossing at the pedestrian crossing - 2 years

Swearing in public - 1 year

Drunk in a public place - 3 years

This was my first season at Big Footy. Is this what generally happens at the end of a footy season, people pick up torches and pitchforks and go looking for a lynching?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back