Review 2015 Grand Final: Box Hill Hawks v Williamstown Seagulls, 27 September 2015, 3.00pm @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Um yes they have made the GF three times, but I think supporters are justified to negatively comment on some players performances today. We're "shitting" on our players because of expectations. We KNOW they can play better, like they have the whole year. We are playing far below our best, including some of our future mids like Jed and JOR who have dipped massively today from prior form.

Pretty sure Bello will be giving similar comments to some of his players judging by some of the un-explainable brain explosions some have had this game (i.e. Grimley's decision to kick for goal beyond his range, Gordon's failure to pull the ball behind for a goal, etc).

I just don't think "so happy to see Grimley delisted at the end of the year" from a ton of people is appropriate yet.

Bloody fantastic from Anderson.

Geez. No late call up for Spangher. He looks very very under cooked today.

Box Hill caught out on the transition and the Seagulls take full advantage with a swinging shot for goal and it's as you were five minutes into the last quarter - Seagulls by 26 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If any of those players out there today think they would get a game with the Hawks, they had better think again. This is the s.....st game I have seen on tv from them, and the radio broadcast. We are dead in the water already. Where is the heart and soul of our boys? There is no way we will win this GF. That will be two out of three teams down the gurgler. .:oops::oops: So disappointing..:cry: There is no doubt the Gulls deserve to win. I can't watch this any more.Will watch our Friday night game again...

I just don't think "so happy to see Grimley delisted at the end of the year" from a ton of people is appropriate yet.

Bloody fantastic from Anderson.

Although I respect sentimentality, the guy has flirted with good form only to disappoint the next week.

I can understand why people dislike Grimley as a player, as he has shown to be a feast or famine type of player. Like today, he has done nothing but waste chances and make poor decisions.

More than that, from a pragmatic perspective, Grimley will not be a First-22 Hawk. As such, I doubt he will be on our list much longer. He has had time to prove his worth and hasn't seized it. Move on and give it to the next youngster in line.

Whitecross barrels into his opponent in the marking contest and the umpire pays 50. Puts the Seagull 40 metres out on a 20 degree angle. He sneaks it through and that's the game. Seagulls lead 94-62.

Really, really disappointing.

Just second to the ball, little flair, too many mistakes.

All of our tall players - except Collins - have had little influence.

Feels like there is no structure out there.

Thats it. Not good enough today. Bad kicking, fumbling, falling over, stupid decisions and no effort all round

Conway takes a mark 25 metres out. Although the game is almost certainly lost, this will be the sealer for sure.

Splits the middle and this game is finished.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back