XBX1 Halo 5: Guardians

Remove this Banner Ad

Reach was not vibrant in any way and I think your forgetting all the bland dark flood levels in Halo 1 and 2

I agree that Reach was less vibrant than the original trilogy but it's still a lot nicer than H4. There's a time and a place for dark levels like the flood levels (which should by no means be vibrant), every level on H4 has the same dull look imo.

Behind the gameplay changes 343 have introduced, the designs/colours are my most hated thing.

I agree that Reach was less vibrant than the original trilogy but it's still a lot nicer than H4. There's a time and a place for dark levels like the flood levels (which should by no means be vibrant), every level on H4 has the same dull look imo.

Behind the gameplay changes 343 have introduced, the designs/colours are my most hated thing.
If this isn't vibrant then I don't know what is

Yeah I don't mind the art too much, I think the elites are a bit over the top, preferred the simpler designs of the earlier games

I hate what they've done to the Jackals, they literally look like mini Godzilla's.

Reach was the pinnacle of Covenant designs imo.

H2A cinematics were full CGI but I think H5 cinematics are in engine.

The art/designs in the 343 Halo games are pretty ugly imo, much prefer the more vibrant colours and nicer designs in the original trilogy+Reach (H2A looks much nicer than H5 because of this imo).
Currently replaying Halo 4 atm

Scene that always sticks out to me is the first mission when you fire the missile at the covenant ship and it breaks like lego

You could always see the progression of art design through the games, I thought Reach got it spot on, but 4 went too far

I'm still holding out hope that they'll do a H2A style remake of Reach for the MCC

That campaign had massive feels.

I think they've now abandoned MCC, matchmaking is still broken for me and there hasn't been a patch since May or something.

Best bet is when backwards compatibility comes out.

I honestly think Reach is a little bit underrated

go play it online now and there's still a strong population

The customization of games/modes was/is insane

The only thing the campaign lacks IMO is a bit more connection to Noble team, perhaps background dialogues etc... Just something to give more reason to care when they died... I still felt it but for a lot of people who haven't read much lore etc... It felt kind of meh. Also, better ally AI... Halo 2 had the best ally AI

Level design/variety was sick.

Fix those campaign issues and the multiplayer issues like bloom and armor lock and you're looking at a game every bit as good as the first 2

Just finished Halo 4 again

By far the best thing are the weapons and sound effects

By far the worst thing is the terrible enemy AI and design

The flying healing prometheans theoretically are a good idea, but they are so passive and it absolutely kills gameplay flow. And it doesn't even make the game any harder, just more annoying and time consuming. There's maybe only 1 or 2 spots in the whole game that I get caught on and take a few extra deaths or so to get through... In Halo 2 I can find that many in Cairo station alone...

The button pressing action sucks, nothing needed to be said

The art design is weird, elites at times can be hard to distinguish from jackal carbiners... They need to be bigger and more distinct in color like in Halo 2... Or even just Reach

Still fun as hell, but the replayability takes a big hit due to the above factors + linear levels = no flow

Best thing about replaying Halo 1 and 2 is the flow of the gameplay... Still can't beat the feel of Halo 1 weapons though...

Yeah

The gameplay looks sick

Seems like it flows very well with the abilities

Will have to wait to see if they work or not but from here I'm really liking it

Seen earlier footage, but mainly just demos with a slow ass player like in the E3 one or the swords of sanghilios

It was nice to see footage of an actual player playing it at a competitive speed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By far the worst thing is the terrible enemy AI and design

The flying healing prometheans theoretically are a good idea, but they are so passive and it absolutely kills gameplay flow. And it doesn't even make the game any harder, just more annoying and time consuming. There's maybe only 1 or 2 spots in the whole game that I get caught on and take a few extra deaths or so to get through... In Halo 2 I can find that many in Cairo station alone...

* me, the Prometheans... I actually groaned when I found out they were going to be in 5.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm loving what I'm seeing. The post beta changes are really noticeable IMO. They reduced sprint speed and increased base movement speed, to know where it really seems like it has a Reach feel, which was the best sprint system.... Only they've taken it one step further than Reach and added no shield recharge during sprint.

Campaign will be interesting with the revive system

I question how effective team AI will be, but I also am excited for the potential that team play can offer even just playing solo. This should create a huge skill gap in players in the campaign. The best of the best will be able to effectively give orders to their team, while playing themselves...

I don't know about you guys, but I'm loving what I'm seeing. The post beta changes are really noticeable IMO. They reduced sprint speed and increased base movement speed, to know where it really seems like it has a Reach feel, which was the best sprint system.... Only they've taken it one step further than Reach and added no shield recharge during sprint.

Campaign will be interesting with the revive system

I question how effective team AI will be, but I also am excited for the potential that team play can offer even just playing solo. This should create a huge skill gap in players in the campaign. The best of the best will be able to effectively give orders to their team, while playing themselves...
Agree

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

What's your theory on the dates though? Game spans multiple years? Would be pretty strange for a Halo game considering CE to 3 took less than three months in total

No idea? We'll see, my hunch is it's propaganda though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back