List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't underestimate what a good place Geelong and surrounds would be to live. I wouldn't mind a pad in Barwon Heads or Torquay myself if I could afford it. Beats the city.
Yeah it's got lifestyle benefits for sure but he's only got another 5 years left in his career. Surely he can hold off on his desires for an acreage by the coast until then. He'll have lots more money to buy a bigger better one too. An extra $350K per year for 5 years... that be his property right there

Yeah it's got lifestyle benefits for sure but he's only got another 5 years left in his career. Surely he can hold off on his desires for an acreage by the coast until then. He'll have lots more money to buy a bigger better one too. An extra $350K per year for 5 years... that be his property right there

But he wants to be very Close to his Family

In this country we pay Tax on earnings meaning that given his wage he falls in the top tax bracket and only half of the extra money is his.

Is Danger a bit of a mumma's boy or what? Why accept 400k a year less just so you can live next door to mum and dad, come live in Melbourne and play for the pies m8
If you were offered 800k to play for the pies or 1.2 mil to play for the cats, which would you choose?

If you were offered 800k to play for the pies or 1.2 mil to play for the cats, which would you choose?

Its not about money he wants to play for Geelong his family are Geelong people

Okay not Superstar gets but still good Player.

Better then Getting like who we got in like:

• Jordan Russell
  • Clinton Young
  • Jessie White
  • Quieten Lynch
  • Patrick Karnezis
Only Real Big Get we got was Taylor Adams in 2013 and that cost us Heath Shaw
With Varcoe and Greenwood, hopefully the tide is turning.

Aren't people saying the numbers are the other way round?
Its not about money he wants to play for Geelong his family are Geelong people
I'm coming from the angle that he was a Cats supporter growing up, and the Geelong area is where his family is, so with that in mind an extra 400k might not be much of a temptation

I'm coming from the angle that he was a Cats supporter growing up, and the Geelong area is where his family is, so with that in mind an extra 400k might not be much of a temptation
OK, sorry - maybe I misread what you wrote...it's still early in Thailand.

I'm taking the $800k at the Pies every day of the week. Money isn't everything and the shot at standing on the premiership dias in a Pies jumper would be worth more than $5 million a year to me...

I get that some on here see the money as be all and end all, but it just isn't a motivating factor for some!

Mostly 'known knowns' but a summary of many things with a few snippets:
[confirms that Hartlett is not likely to be moving]

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-02/trade-whispers-bird-could-fly-from-swans

Directly Pies' relevant:
'Collingwood forward Ben Kennedy is another contracted player believed to be considering a change of club in search of more senior opportunities. Kennedy, 21, has played 25 senior games, including just five this season since the Pies took him with pick No.19 in the 2012 national draft. The former Glenelg player has already been linked to Melbourne.
James Aish is yet to inform the Brisbane Lions of his post-2015 plans with the club growing more hopeful that he will re-sign. Rival clubs suspect that unless Aish is able to get to Collingwood in the trade period, he will re-commit to the Lions.'

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't you have been a bit more expansive?:p
There are too many people naming players that are old and slow as potential Collingwood players. The reality is that we need to stop looking at what these players have done over their careers but what they can offer us in a premiership window. I would rather look for the next big thing over a player who is fading into the distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back