Official Match Thread S20 Round 11 - Gold City Royals v Sin City Swamprats at The Golden Throne MOTR

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah Season 11, what a time to be alive it was. I was but a twinkle in everyones eye back then. Or a gathering darkness on the horizon. Depends who you ask, really.

But who cares! What happened in Season 11 for these two clubs?

Well…Nothing. Quite literally. Both these sides didn’t enter/re-enter the SFA until Season 16. So they’ve saved me some typing and for that I thank them.

Fast Forward to Season 20 where both teams have had mixed success since their induction in Season 16. The Rats are enjoying a fantastic season, both on and off the field. Sitting at 8 wins, 2 losses, they lead the league on percentage as well, with a massive 126.75, thanks to their watertight defence. The Royals are not to be outshone though, sitting third and eager to jump over the Furies with a win. Both sides have win streaks, four and two respectively, and a top four clash deserves a MOTR qualification.

Our Tip: Swamprats by 10

Teams to be Submitted by Thursday, 8th October by 11.59PM! Use Official Team Sheet!

Season 11 (2010-1)The Mod Squad disbanded, and the Roys FFC were readmitted, retaining the 8 team format. A relatively close season saw the finals consist of the Gumbies, Furies, Bombers and Hawks playing off.
-- Administrator - Doggiesin08
-- Clubs - 8 (Baghdad Bombers, East-Side Hawks, Fighting Furies, Geelong Gumbies, Mount Buller Demons, Roys FC, Southern Dragons, West Coast Wonders)
-- Preseason champions - Mt Buller Demons
-- Premiers - Fighting Furies 17.13.115 def Geelong Gumbies 14.11.95
-- B&F - Boncer34 (East Side Hawks)
-- Leading Goalkicker - OkeyDoke7 (Southern Dragons) - 71
-- EKA Medallist - Reardo (Roys FFC)

Last edited:

Match of the round

Top of the ladder vs Third

We want revenge for last year. The bullshit draw that ruined our chance at finals glory.

I want our Golden Rat back mother*ers

The Filth Wizard they are onto the activity thing already...

I dont geddit.
R3 - Citroin tips Wonders by 23, Swamprats win
R4 - fitzroybulldog tips Bandits by 23, Swamprats win
R8 - beez tips Warriors by 23, Swamprats win

In short, OP tips opposition by 23 = Rats win

R3 - Citroin tips Wonders by 23, Swamprats win
R4 - fitzroybulldog tips Bandits by 23, Swamprats win
R8 - beez tips Warriors by 23, Swamprats win

In short, OP tips opposition by 23 = Rats win

Ah. Nah, you guys got this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I8K9Mo1.png

Well you are posting on the first page so this is probably a unique experience for you

Well that's true, it has been a long time.

0kvgT9m.png

Monday match thread again huh? Just to make sure spam levels reach their maximum.

Ok Ant Bear am I allowed to hate this match thread yet?

Oh, Sheepish Lord of Chaos.

A Swampies match thread is a story, a work of art. It has a introduction, a beginning, a middle and an end. It has a plan, and a story which can only be appreciated by re-reading it on Sunday evening (if you can see through your tears)

In short...NO!!:D

931 days since we beat the Royals.
That's a lot of fingers and toes...:(

holy hell 931. I struggle after 9, as I run out of fingers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back