Welcome Harley Bennell (To make long awaited Dockers Debut!)

Remove this Banner Ad

If he hits his potential we will have about the best midfield in the competition for a few years. Unless ross makes the massive mistake of playing the best midfielder in the competition as a forward.
The problem is though that if Fyfe moves forward we go from having the best midfield in the competition to having the best forward line in the competition.

Yes! He's that good.

Just wondering as someone who has literally no idea about Perth how far Freo is from Mandurah and where the majority of the team lives?

Hopefully a relatively fair deal can be struck, but most importantly Harley can have a long and successful career and everyone can see the talent the man has for many years to come

Just wondering as someone who has literally no idea about Perth how far Freo is from Mandurah and where the majority of the team lives?

Hopefully a relatively fair deal can be struck, but most importantly Harley can have a long and successful career and everyone can see the talent the man has for many years to come

Mandurah is around 45-60min drive south of Freo,depending on traffic.

The problem is though that if Fyfe moves forward we go from having the best midfield in the competition to having the best forward line in the competition.

Yes! He's that good.
I think Fyfe is a Coleman prospect should he play permanently forward - is that good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh. Fyfe has the sheer determination to make himself a great kick for goal. That's what champions do. They eliminate weaknesses from their game. And it's not like he will be playing as a dominant KPF, Hawkins-style; it looks like we're aiming for multiple forward threats and he will be a bit of a swingman.

Put it this way, Fyfe over Mayne to take must-kick shots every day of the week.

As free at last said, it's about 45-60 minutes. Most players would live either just north of Freo in Cottesloe (the well payed players) or in the suburbs encased in the Cockburn council which is just south of Freo. Ballantyne, who is from the Mandurah area, lives in Baldivis which is about half way between Mandurah and Freo.

So how does it work with his current contract, we take that on (which I believe has 2 years to go) and add a year or are we offering 3 years in addition?

I would assume we take on his salary and offer whatever we need for the 3rd year. I would assume 3rd year would be large - allowing us to have more cash now for McCarthy and whoever else.

I would assume we take on his salary and offer whatever we need for the 3rd year. I would assume 3rd year would be large - allowing us to have more cash now for McCarthy and whoever else.
Yeah and if we are taking on his current salary, we further lessen the requirements from GC at the trade table.

Yes but he hasn't decided until now that he wants to play as a forward. You wait and see how much his kicking improves this year - he is a beast. If he wills it he will achieve it.
I don't doubt he's got the work ethic, but he's currently got a broken leg and even healthy it will take a couple of pre seasons/years to really become a good shot at goal. In fact, I don't doubt he could be an A+ forward in time, I just don't expect him to be winning the coleman in 2016, despite how good he is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back