Past #23: Kieran Harper - delisted by the club (29/10) - will miss '16 VAFA season, surgery on ankle

Remove this Banner Ad

Harper will get a chance elsewhere surely
Based on what? He may get another opportunity rookied somewhere but I doubt clubs will be racing to draft him. And for people saying the Dogs would chase him, surely you jest? What would they want him for? They have enough of his type playing senior football. He's had long enough.

I still rate the running goal he kicked at the MCG against the Tiges as one of the best I have ever seen at that ground.

I still rate the running goal he kicked at the MCG against the Tiges as one of the best I have ever seen at that ground.

So good that in the commentary, as Harps receives on the wing, Tim Watson moans involuntarily & does three little claps just within microphone distance.

I wonder how much Harps wanted it.

All the talent in the world, but a significant lack of Hird in him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tend towards NMFCA98 on this (oh god).

Harps was unfortunately, for whatever reason, slipping towards list clogger status.

Towards?

Been that way for some time now hence his delisting. Sure he had clear initial talent, but has had injury issues and for that or whatever other reason has gone backwards.

I'm happy if he is rookied though (doubtful), but it's not as if the club hasn't given him time and every chance in multiple roles to show something.

I doubt anyone will want him.

We think about him at his best - how did he expect to survive when he was mediocre in the Magoos. No one will pick him up. Remember him dominating at a practice game in Ballarat - so sad that Atley and Harps could not break the lines together Krakoer style

fait accompli

Just was never good enough after the injuries. Absolute shame too because he looked like the next big thing early on.

Thanks heaps for the effort and dedication Kieran. I reckon the dogs might have a crack.

Thanks for your service mate.

Those first two seasons were filled with good moments. Played some really good football, offensive flair and always offered plenty defensively, often out-doing some more seasoned performers in the tackling and pressure stakes.

The troublesome ankle surgeries affected 'the step'. The mental hurdles were always an issue from 2013 onwards, more than what was reported on here.

All the best for the future Kieran.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back