-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:

hoping to do a PB on the Old - less than 5 balls lost

question for you:

My uncle organises a golf tour every year - 26-36 blokes

they play friday, saturday and sunday

have been going 34 years and have mostly played around the central coast of NSW and Gold Coast area

this year they are proposing to head to the peninsula

ideally they play 3 different courses

My initial thoughts were:
St Andrews (the best down that way in my opinion that they can get onto on a weekend)
Flinders (completely different to all down that way)

thoughts on the 3rd or a combination of 3 courses

question for you:

My uncle organises a golf tour every year - 26-36 blokes

they play friday, saturday and sunday

have been going 34 years and have mostly played around the central coast of NSW and Gold Coast area

this year they are proposing to head to the peninsula

ideally they play 3 different courses

My initial thoughts were:
St Andrews (the best down that way in my opinion that they can get onto on a weekend)
Flinders (completely different to all down that way)

thoughts on the 3rd or a combination of 3 courses

gday mate,

St Andrews - definitely.
Flinders - havent played there for ages, but a nice course
Moonah Links - again havent played there for what almost 10 years. but reckon that's something they should strongly consider. accommodation available there too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find Yering punishes more good shots, eg:balls roll off fairways or off greens into swails and ruts etc

agreed Old is a challenge

i concur with your summation of the yering fairways. always slanted towards water. national doesnt have that.

We played Barny earlier this year and it felt like we were the only group on the course, I cant Imagine many players on this one.

27 pts with plenty of wipes on the moonah course today. fairly warm conditions, gentle breeze (national standards). the dreaded push fade with the driver is back. frustrating.

couldnt hit irons to save myself. u know the feeling when u step over the ball and have no idea how to hit it? thats me today.

Last 5 rounds have been lugging my mate's staff bag around Huntingdale.... went to my home course yesterday and cold topped one down the first (stiff and sore doesn't begin to explain the state of my back / shoulder). Then hit a flat hook 5 iron that didn't get more than 5m off the ground. Playing off 2 and being a after work practice hit thought I better stick to the short game. Amazing after watching the pros chip for 5 days I found my contact on the club face was nice and solid, far better than normal.... enjoyed a good 2 hour session chipping around a few greens.... tee'd one up on the 18th to get back to the club house and hit a massive pull hook that struck trees 80m off the tee.. amazing how out of sync you can get when your body isn't in good fettle.

Last 5 rounds have been lugging my mate's staff bag around Huntingdale.... went to my home course yesterday and cold topped one down the first (stiff and sore doesn't begin to explain the state of my back / shoulder). Then hit a flat hook 5 iron that didn't get more than 5m off the ground. Playing off 2 and being a after work practice hit thought I better stick to the short game. Amazing after watching the pros chip for 5 days I found my contact on the club face was nice and solid, far better than normal.... enjoyed a good 2 hour session chipping around a few greens.... tee'd one up on the 18th to get back to the club house and hit a massive pull hook that struck trees 80m off the tee.. amazing how out of sync you can get when your body isn't in good fettle.

who did you caddy for?

He obviously made the cut

Remove this Banner Ad

Back