Training Pre-Season 2015-16

Remove this Banner Ad

Good thing we didn't get motlop. New contract and zero ****s to be given!
Motlop in the NAB Challenge
2eef3fc43a686be67ecbf467440eed7f841d960920eb1019c2f6553ee0e745c5.jpg

Popin is poppin in to share the preseason love, hope you like the new pictures of your boy's training hard.
412232.jpg
412265.jpg
412263.jpg
412264.jpg
The boys above and the guys below look like they came back in good shape, page 8 and 9 new pictures of Friday training.
412193.jpg
412250.jpg
412200.jpg

Last edited:
Is it just me or does yarran look slightly overweight? Not a big issue as carlton did not have the best training standards, and a few weeks and yarran we be at his best

Mate, at least he's not this bad

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448618616.945409.jpg

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

Article in the age states that Alex Rance is on a extended personal leave. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, when Alex was negotiating his contract, the club said you can come back from pre season training in January. They gave him that option for just the one year.
Alex and his management came back and said they want the extended time off for all of his contract. So for the next four years, Alex will have a longer break than most and come back in January of each year.
Not a bad deal, but will need to be really dedicated to keep in shape.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/early-rounds-a-sore-spot-for-richmond-20151127-gl9ied.html

Article in the age states that Alex Rance is on a extended personal leave. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, when Alex was negotiating his contract, the club said you can come back from pre season training in January. They gave him that option for just the one year.
Alex and his management came back and said they want the extended time off for all of his contract. So for the next four years, Alex will have a longer break than most and come back in January of each year.
Not a bad deal, but will need to be really dedicated to keep in shape.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/early-rounds-a-sore-spot-for-richmond-20151127-gl9ied.html
He's at a point where he doesn't really need to improve his strength and stamina any more though so as long as he sticks to his off season routine to maintain his fitness then this shouldn't be too much of a problem.
They're only back for 2-3 weeks before the Xmas break anyway so he's not missing a massive amount of extra time

Last edited:
There we go, player acquisition done and dusted and now we get into the full swing of preseason. Figured I'd add some thoughts:

Overall I'm really happy with our intake. You all know how I felt about Clayton Oliver and until he retires I'm gonna be a bitter human being (haha nah nah all good) and I do wish we'd gone for another big defender ie. taking Glass-McCasker in place of Broad in the National Draft, however I think we've done very very well. Something that stands out is speed.. far out, forget the fact that a lot of these blokes might not play at all for a year or two, geez we have added some serious speed and things are gonna hot up at training. Some thoughts on the n00bs and bring on 2016 - can't fri ggen wait! :D
And not that it's a surprise, but nice to hear from FJ that they "move the magnets from the underage year over to the new year and start again", so our recruiting team is already all over next year's draft. Good times.

Daniel Rioli
I came home from work and did all my chores etc first, putting off seeing who we got for "good luck" and was hoping to see our draftees in the forum lobby, starting with Welcome to Richmond Pick 15 - Clayton Oliver. Next hope was Ryan Burton. I partially didn't want to see it say Daniel Rioli at ALL and when it did, my heart sank a little. But then I watched his highlights again and started to realise that we have made a great pick here. He is lightning but also possesses great endurance, loves to tackle and averages 100% contested possessions. He has magic, he has that look in his eye, forget the famous name he could be exactly what we need when I had even said I don't care about a small forward. I'm very excited about him joining the 22. Tick.

Oleg Markov
Questioned this pick at first wondering why we would go another medium marking forward with Deledio and Lennon, but then I saw his highlights and read about him. Borderline more excited about him than Rioli. Has great athletic attributes, meets the ball at it's highest point and at the least is likely straight-in replacement for Deledio when he inevitably and sadly goes. That aside he looks a great prospect and is a big upgrade on McDonough, who deserved another crack btw...Anyway, Tick.

Nathan Broad
Looks a bit of a specimen but a little out of nowhere for my liking. Maybe I'm a little annoyed about missing out on Glass-McCasker seeing as they're both WA boys, G-M looked very good and has some great size and agility, so I just wasn't sure about the thinking behind this pick. Perhaps ready made defensive backup for Batchelor or Grimes, or possibly the thinking was a Batchelor upgrade as he's slightly taller, as much as I love Batch. Could be a find in the end though and is another addition in the speed column. Could also play midfield too, sees himself as a winger. Half-Tick, we'll see.

Callum Moore (rookie)
Why didn't this guy get taken in the National Draft? Possibly has a centimetre or so left in growth, and possibly a key defender size but at the very least, wow this guy looks like he can play. His marking ability looks amazing and dare I say he could be a tall midfielder for us, big body already and great speed. Tick.

Mabior Chol (rookie)
Almost because of this guy alone I am more excited about our rookie draft than the national. Wowee...this guy could be anything. Looks like he knows how to play the game and has all the physical attributes of an unstoppable machine. This could well be the day we drafted our next ruckman. Give him a couple of years in the VFL, upgrade him to the senior list and unleash him in 2018 or 2019. Aaaaannndd he's a lefty! Tick.

Adam Marcon (rookie)
Good pickup here, at the least is more ready made depth but could sneak onto the senior list and play some AFL. Though he looks like another Lambert hey... Rioli, Edwards, Marcon, Lambert, Yarran, Cotchin even, they're gonna start calling US the mosquito fleet. Can't play them all (obviously Cotchin, Yarran and Edwards play!), or maybe you can?! Either way we look faster and more dangerous already. Can definitely see Marcon playing at some point, looks very handy. We look like having a pretty bloody good VFL side. Tick.

I mentioned the mosquito fleet and not being able to play them all... Ya know what.. pick your best footy side at the end of the day. If Marcon and Lambert are both in that too, then great. Honestly we all (me definitely) probably got a bit obsessed with finding more taller/bigger midfielders like the ones who beat us in the Elimination Final. We already (should) have a contested beast in Dusty but, at the end of the day, we just didn't play very well that day. No one wanted to go and get it or help their teammate. Ben Cousins was rather small and it never stopped him.
Pick our best footy side and if it means we're going in a little smaller, so be it.

Anyway, very happy with the current state of the list!
Yarran will be exciting, Townsend too I reckon. Andrew Moore I believe has his best footy ahead of him and will be a solid contributor at the least.
Carn the Tigers!

russians.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The man escaped the hell that is the Capital Wasteland - also known as Visy Park, can't blame him.

You can see it in his eyes, its the look of a man who's seen and suffered too much.

412201.jpg

He'll get fit and ripped now he's escaped.

he looks overwhelmed tbh, bags under the eyes, beard probably hiding a double chin, underprepared aka fat

no wonder he started preseason early. im not impressed chris

and rioli wants him to be a mentor...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back