Welcome to Hawthorn Pick 22: Kieran Lovell

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey, on the positive side, we got one of the tall one's in that family!:D:thumbsu:

People usually can me for making analogies with other sports, but in soccer - players who dribble away from defenders in tight areas, creating space for themselves to then make good choices, those guys always have more time on the field than everyone else to affect the contest.

I like this kid. Love how he bursts at angles away from the pack and is hard to pursue. Love his strength, his confidence, his enjoyment of taking a leap on someone's back.
If he doesn't think he's too small, then neither do I.

Hey, on the positive side, we got one of the tall one's in that family!:D:thumbsu:

People usually can me for making analogies with other sports, but in soccer - players who dribble away from defenders in tight areas, creating space for themselves to then make good choices, those guys always have more time on the field than everyone else to affect the contest.

I like this kid. Love how he bursts at angles away from the pack and is hard to pursue. Love his strength, his confidence, his enjoyment of taking a leap on someone's back.
I think it's a fair analogy. Plenty of other sports where if you can dribble away to give yourself space it's going to be a huge advantage.

It won't be retired. But it won't be given to just anyone.

He won't get the chance to hand it to anyone anyway the crimmins family choose who plays in the number which is a shame as Mitch could finish his career as a 300 game player with 5 flags a lot more then crimmins did.

Probably a better player too. Certainly a wider skillset and a better body for AFL. Apart from honoring an agreement with the young lad (which I fully support), I don't think Woody represents good value on our list. But he is a champion bloke and an inspiring figure with the courage he has shown through adversity so I hope he takes his last chance and makes it at AFL.
Don't think he will make it will be delisted next year once he knee is fixed I think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After watching his interview, all I can say is that having Lovell at Hawthorn is cool.

It would be cool if he get a couple of games next year. He looks pretty cool under pressure, and learning his under Sammy would be cool.

Cooool...

After watching his interview, all I can say is that having Lovell at Hawthorn is cool.

It would be cool if he get a couple of games next year. He looks pretty cool under pressure, and learning his under Sammy would be cool.

Cooool...
And he did drop a 'surreal' in there for good measure.

But, "Hawthorn has probably been the best team in the comp"? How many consecutive premierships do we need to win before we are? ;)

What the family loses in length appears to apply itself in width....

Chubby short kids never make it in the AFL (see Sammy)

Cooool...

He actually speaks very well for a 17 year old.

But if you take "cool" out of his vocabulary, the interview is cut by 5-6 minutes!

He actually speaks very well for a 17 year old.

But if you take "cool" out of his vocabulary, the interview is cut by 5-6 minutes!
It's a bit like Clarko and 'umm'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back