Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn : MSD Pick 3, Clay Tucker

Remove this Banner Ad

He looks confident by hand and foot for a ruckman based on those highlights.

Why wasn't he drafted originally? What's the story here?
I too would like an answer to this question. But I suspect it might just be around growing into his body over the last six months.

But looking at those highlights, how on earth did he get to us?

Interesting selection - likely that Max Lynch will be elsewhere next year.

A lot of talls on our list - will one of them step up as a key defender (our biggest weakness) - Ramsden or Ryan, or otherwise Jeka, who’s games as a key defender and elite kick have been good.

I smell a bit of innovation coming up from Sam.
With the two selections you would have to think it’s curtains for Lynch

I like the Oscar McInerney comparison Alite

It's funny I never trust ruckman with the ball but his highlights make me feel ok. He knows what he is doing with it which is a great start.

Wonder if he still has growth left. 204 isn't massive for a ruck.

Glad to stockpile another tall. As we have seen there are always clubs needing a ruck so if they are capable at minimum they have trade value.

Lloyd Meek starting to look like a great pickup BTW.

If I was his father I’d tell him to stand up straight, own your height, own the new colours on your chest, and own every ruckman you come up against.
Dont encourage his father to do anything is what I have been told. At least in his junior years. Hopefully he backs off now that he has made an AFL list.

With the two selections you would have to think it’s curtains for Lynch
I understand he is now helping out with coaching the AFLW team, everyone at the club loves him, he might be looking at coaching next year?

If he was retiring you would have thought they would keep it quiet until after MSD so as not to telegraph picks.

I like it. Like it a lot.

Tell me someone else sees this guy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can see the O'Mac comparison, he's got the dark hair and has the rounded shoulders.

I think the MSD and late/rookie picks are the best place to draft pure rucks - unless of course they are freak athletes like English, Nic Nat, Andrew, etc.

Now that we've brought Tucker in we have our future ruck stocks covered. It's just something we won't really have to worry about in any upcoming drafts for years to come.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back