Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn : MSD Pick 12, Brandon Ryan, debuts!

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminds me of this dude from Street Fighter..

5849912316_90f0509639.jpg
Explains his great reach and marking at the highest point!

They're both kind of laconic in how they move, I think!
I can see it with Ryan as he wouldn't make much sound cause he weighs little. Pods on the otherhand I thought you could hear from a mile away.

You could make a case that they both use very few words.

He is a work in progress,he didn’t look overly confident!
He needs to work on his weight improvement so he can use his body more.
He needs to put work into his goal kicking procedure it looked a little rushed or he just needs to go back a little further.He just looked unorganised?
Also needs a big preseason to get his tank up to speed.He looked cooked in the second half !
But you can definitely see a player there just a bit rough around the edges?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
At least Sticks is enough of a risk to hold his defender accountable.

I was pleasantly surprised by him! There's something to work with there, isn't? I hope it's not ageist of me to say also, I do wonder how much improvement he has left in him at the age of 25? That said, I was amazed to see Podsiadly have the career he did.

If he can possibly put on 7-8kg over the offseason and works on his endurance, we could have a really interesting player in him.

I was pleasantly surprised by him! There's something to work with there, isn't? I hope it's not ageist of me to say also, I do wonder how much improvement he has left in him at the age of 25? That said, I was amazed to see Podsiadly have the career he did.

If he can possibly put on 7-8kg over the offseason and works on his endurance, we could have a really interesting player in him.
Wasn't he playing ammos only 12 months ago?

I'd say he'll be improving his speed, strength, stamina, skill & forward-craft for the next 2-3yrs, minimum.

No idea what his ceiling is, of course - but I reckon he'd be a fair way off it.

So as far as young tall forwards are concerned he’s ahead of Jeka, but also big Koschitzke?

Can we fit them all in the team?

We’ve been good with the mid-season draft, it has to be said.

Last edited:
So as far as young tall forwards are concerned he’s ahead of Jeka, but also big Koschitzke?

Can we fit them all in the team?

We’ve been good with the mid-season draft, it has to be said.

Jeka and kosi are probably on their last chance, onto of that, jeka has spent most of the year in defence

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once he learns the leading patterns 100% watchout. A few times today he ran into the hole where Moore or another small was sitting/leading to

I feel like the smalls need to learn his leading patterns. When your 200cm forward is barrelling to the boundary and primed to take an uncontested mark you let him do it.

Also I salivate at the prospect of how good Ryan will be after a preseason to build his core strength. Will always be skinny but when he can position himself better in 1v1s he'll be absolute weapon.

I hope he can put some mass on quickly. His biggest weakness is that he is able to
moved so easily.

But despite that he is still very productive on the scoreboard.

That pick up off his boot from Breust’s soccer pass into the goal square was CLEAN. Only needed to throw a boot at it but showed some impressive coordination for a 200cm tower.

I hope he can put some mass on quickly. His biggest weakness is that he is able to
moved so easily.

That pick up off his boot from Breust’s soccer pass into the goal square was CLEAN. Only needed to throw a boot at it but showed some impressive coordination for a 200cm tower.
That is most definitely not normal for a man his size. Very agile below his knees.

moved so easily.

If he keeps getting the scoring shots and kicking 3, I doubt he needs mass just core and increase in fitness base.

He would be an impossible matchup really unique, few recruiters would be having some what ifs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back