Multiplat Fallout 4

Remove this Banner Ad

So does anyone know how to place objects properly? I can't even get the campaignering Nuka Colas to stand up right.
Drop them on the floor then use build mode. You can rotate then and move them around using that, much easier.

Paladin danse sounds so much like George Clooney.

giphy.gif

I was thinking this exact same thing on Sunday. :eek:

I took one look at Hangman's Alley, left the prefabs, added a sleeping bag, a bit of food and a water pump and then washed my hands of the joint.

I have a full compliment of people at hangmans. I scrapped everything, and blocked every entrance off except one. Theres a big alley to grow crops, and you can use stairs to build a 3 story high boarding house that sits on an awning, leaving the space underneath free for shops etc.

Its sorta fun to build there, makes you think

Opens up settlements. Worth doing

Not when some campaigner gets kidnapped from Abernathy's Farm 3 times within a short space of time. I get the guy back, tell Garvey, and then within a minute or so I get another kidnapping report. I don't know if the frequency is based on how good your settlement is (I know it's a little low on beds and probably defense right now), but I'm about to start ignoring them.

I've joined the Railroad after completing the first mission with Deacon. On first impressions they seem more my type of organisation than BoS or the Minutemen.

I also encountered Ronnie at The Castle - I felt like putting a bullet in her - I don't like her attitude one little bit! Has anyone shut her up permanently?

I've joined the Railroad after completing the first mission with Deacon. On first impressions they seem more my type of organisation than BoS or the Minutemen.

I also encountered Ronnie at The Castle - I felt like putting a bullet in her - I don't like her attitude one little bit! Has anyone shut her up permanently?

I also am siding with the Railroad, they won me over as they accept people for who they are.

When I found two men sharing the one single bed I realised Hancock and myself would be welcomed.

Last edited:
Also the BoS are homophobic, I bring Hancock with me onto the ship and they say "why have you brought that abomination here?".

Ummm hello, it's the year 2287 not 1987.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not when some campaigner gets kidnapped from Abernathy's Farm 3 times within a short space of time. I get the guy back, tell Garvey, and then within a minute or so I get another kidnapping report. I don't know if the frequency is based on how good your settlement is (I know it's a little low on beds and probably defense right now), but I'm about to start ignoring them.
Have you opened up the workshop at abernathy? You shouldn't get any more missions for there once you do that?

So does anyone know how to place objects properly? I can't even get the campaignering Nuka Colas to stand up right.
Don't do it to yourself mate. I spent ages doing it, built a cool display unit and fiddled for ages getting it right. Then came back and everything had clipped half way through the shelf.

There's a reason why things are either laying around randomly in the game world, or in boxes etc. Because placing things carefully sucks.

For nukas, build a machine and stick em in there.

I built the settlement on nordhagan beach last night. Big 3 story joint with a flat roof. Roof is ny chill zone. Has a sweet chair, coffee table, rug, nuka cola machine and of course a grill. Looks across the river to the main city with the BoS blimp moored over it (unfortunately doesn't say mancey is a pimp on said blimp).

Was still a good day

Alright, after weeks of Reddit suggesting I play this game I've caved and gone and bought it.

At approximately 5:10pm I'll be getting into this, so what I want to know from all you legends of the Wasteland is shit you wish you knew before starting your game...

Alright, after weeks of Reddit suggesting I play this game I've caved and gone and bought it.

At approximately 5:10pm I'll be getting into this, so what I want to know from all you legends of the Wasteland is shit you wish you knew before starting your game...
-Don't skimp on luck or charisma. The two most important skills in the game, no doubt.
-Intelligence helps if you want to rank up fast, but next time i will probably lower that and put them into perception/agility for better VATS performance
-Luck perks are awesome. Better crits, Critical banker and idiot savant should be high on your list
-Pick a type of gun you like and up the perk for it as much as you can (don't spread yourself around with perks for different guns). Rifleman is good, works for pretty much every 2 handed gun that isn't auto. Semi auto rifles, snipers, energy rifles, shotties
-Craft buffjet and use it whenever you are overwhelmed. It turns you into a tank.
-Use foundations when building settlements, makes things way easier.
-Enemies are harder the further you go south and east. Stick to the NW until you are level 12 or so (at least)

Yep, it happens to most of my Settlements. I used to get one coming through every now and then, but last night I seemed to be getting 2-3 at a time.
That's weird. I can not remember being given a mission by preston for any settlement i had already opened the workbench for. Just get the notification when they are getting attacked.
Have you talked to the abernathy farm original settlers. They have a mission for you (maybe that will stop the repeat missions)

That's weird. I can not remember being given a mission by preston for any settlement i had already opened the workbench for. Just get the notification when they are getting attacked.
Have you talked to the abernathy farm original settlers. They have a mission for you (maybe that will stop the repeat missions)

Yep, did a mission or two for them when I first talked to them. I just seem to get a lot of random ones from Garvey, and random settlers who start talking to me. I've had the Minutemen radio station on a little bit which also throws the occassional one my way, might turn that off to see if it makes a significant difference.

Decide the most important perks to level up, and tailor your starting points based on that.

Lockpicking and hacking aren't that important, as you can always go back and do it, and a companion can have skills to do it for you. At least focus on one of them.

I personally don't rate charisma. Keep all the items that increase your charisma, so when you need to influence someone just chuck those items on.

In Charisma, at least spend points so you can get the local leader perk, so you don't have to grind to get it when you get obsessed with building settlements.

The most important tip, is to save right before you go out into the wasteland/leaving the vault.

When you leave, the game will prompt you to change any starting attributes or character appearance. Save right before, and if you become disatisfied, you can quickly change your character instead of replaying the first hour of the game.

Like I did.

Twice.

Preston Garvey is an absolute tosser. Hancock is gay for pantskyle. Cait is a junkie whore. The residents of Abernathy farm are 'in' on a kidnapping syndicate. Floors floating in mid-air without supports will still hold multiple 100lb + machine gun turrets. Captain Ironfists is boss. Good luck ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back