Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

s**t collar
s**t material
Inconsistent stitching
Faded colours forever

Is it bad to want your team to have a nice looking jumper?
Only thing BLK is doing right is they have the perfect sash for our guernseys. Not too thin, not too fat and curved = perfect.

I guess you're one of the lucky ones. You don't really care that they're faded either

I couldn't wear a faded guernsey, drives me insane.
I think it's more you are just unlucky, I haven't really heard of it happening before.

And it's not I don't care - I do, I just don't think it needs to be talked about ad nauseam.

I think it's more you are just unlucky, I haven't really heard of it happening before.

And it's not I don't care - I do, I just don't think it needs to be talked about ad nauseam.
Bullwhackers mate

unacceptable

It's more than the faded colours... They are just s**t in general.... I've had a truckload of issues with their jumpers, from crooked collars to light spots, dangling stitching, ripped stitiching, dots on their guernseys.. list goes on. Also the fact that they haven't freshened up their collar since 2009 when they were Kooga shits me. 8 seasons with the same collar is too much.

Their merch is garbage too, and they insist on using the white chested version of the tiger logo, even though the black chested version is more suitable for majority of the gear which has a black background. Their embroiding quality is really really bad too, the new tiger logo looks shocking on our gear because of this.

Is that enough for ya ? :)
Ahh ok then. Did you inspect each item before you purchased it? Crooked collars I can deal with because the traditional BLK collar is quite technical to make, issues with stitching isn't good though. However I don't understand the need for a new collar. 8 seasons with the same collar isn't tragic at all. Most VFL clubs wore vee neck collars for the better part of 25 years. Why fix what doesn't need fixing?

Nah honestly, I rate Richmond's off field gear so much, and the new logo just works really well on it all too.

The reason why I ask is that the club's I've been playing for have used BLK for the better part of 2 years and I've had a fantastic experience. All of the onfield gear is an amazing fit and extremely comfortable to wear. The polos and jackets had embroidered logos which looked great. When the stitching on my onfield shorts became slightly undone, I emailed BLK about it and they sent me another pair for free in express post. They've been really good for me.

I hope your BLK experience picks up this year. :)

Not to mention someone on here has had a bad experience with a retailer or supplier.
For example I've had some bad Adidas stuff from sports I've played and actually think on here AFL they deserve a lot more hate than they get.
They get a free ride a lot because of the logo.

Ahh ok then. Did you inspect each item before you purchased it? Crooked collars I can deal with because the traditional BLK collar is quite technical to make, issues with stitching isn't good though. However I don't understand the need for a new collar. 8 seasons with the same collar isn't tragic at all. Most VFL clubs wore vee neck collars for the better part of 25 years. Why fix what doesn't need fixing?

Nah honestly, I rate Richmond's off field gear so much, and the new logo just works really well on it all too.

The reason why I ask is that the club's I've been playing for have used BLK for the better part of 2 years and I've had a fantastic experience. All of the onfield gear is an amazing fit and extremely comfortable to wear. The polos and jackets had embroidered logos which looked great. When the stitching on my onfield shorts became slightly undone, I emailed BLK about it and they sent me another pair for free in express post. They've been really good for me.

I hope your BLK experience picks up this year. :)
I have posted pics here of my crooked collars and bad stitiching, they're on the fgdb somewhere. It's what I was sent when I purchased online, so now if I buy a guernsey I make sure to go in and choose one. There are still heaps with crooked collars being made. But I would be happy if they just fixed the colour issues for PI's and retails.

BLK are the only AFL manufacturer that have faded guernseys.

Not asking much

I have posted pics here of my crooked collars and bad stitiching, they're on the fgdb somewhere. It's what I was sent when I purchased online, so now if I buy a guernsey I make sure to go in and choose one. There are still heaps with crooked collars being made. But I would be happy if they just fixed the colour issues for PI's and retails.

Not asking much
When did the colour issues start?
I have an old Kooga one (when Jeep first came on board) and the colours in that are perfect.

s**t collar
s**t material
Inconsistent stitching
Faded colours forever

Is it bad to want your team to have a nice looking jumper?
The collar and material are both really good IMO.
Faded colours appear to be fixed.
Inconsistent stitching is up to the consumer to not pick a dodgy item.

If you're at the supermarket to buy eggs, you don't buy the ones with 3/12 smashed in the box.

When did the colour issues start?
I have an old Kooga one (when Jeep first came on board) and the colours in that are perfect.
The PI's have always been slighlty faded compared to the shorts and other clubs that wear black (and are with another manufacturer) but this year was just over the top faded

4EE25748-C5B3-42A0-911D-3289BA9C7DF6_1.jpg

EB67485E-E2EA-4963-8520-9F3AB7CD541A.jpg

Not to mention someone on here has had a bad experience with a retailer or supplier.
For example I've had some bad Adidas stuff from sports I've played and actually think on here AFL they deserve a lot more hate than they get.
They get a free ride a lot because of the logo.
I really like their off field stuff though. I have HUGE envy of that. I hate the brand though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're at the supermarket to buy eggs, you don't buy the ones with 3/12 smashed in the box.
2016 Retails looking as faded as ever on the BLK store and the Tiger Crowmania online stores

PI not released yet

I really like their off field stuff though. I have HUGE envy of that. I hate the brand though.
I think they butcher most media polo's but the rest are pretty much Adidas clothing.

What's Mero's great line?
It's not a Hawthorn jumper it's an Adidas jumper with Hawthorn colours or something similar.

Material is s**t.
Faded colours don't appear to be fixed in any capacity, they continue to filter photos
Inconsistent stitching is up to the manufacturer entirely. Quality control m8.

I think they butcher most media polo's but the rest are pretty much Adidas clothing.

What's Mero's great line?
It's not a Hawthorn jumper it's an Adidas jumper with Hawthorn colours or something similar.
Nah, I'd buy a Port adidas polo.
Also re Mero's line: Of course its an adidas jumper. They make it, they can do what they want with it.

The PI's have always been slighlty faded compared to the shorts and other clubs that wear black (and are with another manufacturer) but this year was just over the top faded

4EE25748-C5B3-42A0-911D-3289BA9C7DF6_1.jpg

EB67485E-E2EA-4963-8520-9F3AB7CD541A.jpg
Maybe playing inside at Etihad instead of out in the sun at the G' would help, less fading by the sun.

Begrudgingly, obviously, North will be happy to swap home venues with you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back