Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Andonis1997 for going to the effort of the pictures, appreciated.
And interesting design, surprised no more clubs try it.
Probably because the design wouldnt suit any other teams. Others have designs that stretch the whole height or width of the jumper, whereas Carlton is smack bang in the middle and thats it

Probably because the design wouldnt suit any other teams. Others have designs that stretch the whole height or width of the jumper, whereas Carlton is smack bang in the middle and thats it
And because it's such an iconic and historic design which has always been stitched and 3D on jumpers.

So were the designs of every other team, other than Port, Gold Coast and GWS, but they kept up with modern technology ;)
Sorry, I meant *monogram design in Australian sport.
This is pretty modern technology. It's not stitched ;)

I'd like to see GC attempt this with their gradient filled logo.
I think the common sense thing would be to do it with the Yellow and blue parts of their logo, but imagine trying to put several gradients onto felt!! ;)

Will country/rep teams associated with the Eagles wear the tri-panel or the navy wings next year? Very curious.
DSC05650.jpg

That's what I'd be thinking.
The company that sublimates the jumpers is not the one who heat presses the logos on to them.
(While contracted to Nike, neither are probably owned by Nike)
The Carlton monograms have a raised feel to them, they're not just printed on.
This is apparently one of the jumpers that has yet to make it to the heat press stage.
The player guernseys are produced in Queensland without the monogram. The blank jumpers are then sent to a company in Thomastown which exclusively attaches the CFC lettering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back