Roast Our trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if that was true (it isn't) Dahlhaus has more to his exposed A game than pretty much everyone else on that list bar Boyd and Morris.

In the last 2 years?

Yes.

If we're talking about the last two years Cordy played back and Smith barely played so I'm not sure how you can say much about their goal kicking. Both were also dropped several times. Dahlhaus on the other hand was not dropped once. So based on that he's better than almost all our team in those two years bar Bont and Macrae.

Geelong got a bargain and they know it. While we're arguing about what a very good player can't do they recognize and are excited by what he can do. Something Bev specifically said he'd do at our club and has since did a 180 on.

Hasn't finished in the top 10 of the B & F since the flag so he's fallen behind a few more than Bont and Macrae.

I see the loss of Dahlhaus as a bit like the loss of Stringer. His best is clearly better than a player who they bring in to replace him. But they aren't at their best often enough and the replacement can perform a similar role for far less coin.

What would Gowers earn? Half of what Stringer would have been asking. We got a bloke who tries every week, and plays his role. Performing on average better than Stringer in my opinion. Doesn't have the match winner ability but Stringer didn't either after 2016.

Whoever they bring in to play the role of Dahl will most likely be the same. The club didn't see the value he was asking, and the length of the contract was too much to ask. We can probably pick up a draft pick to play pressure forward who can actually kick a goal.

Hasn't finished in the top 10 of the B & F since the flag so he's fallen behind a few more than Bont and Macrae.
Ah yes a list that includes Naughton at 4 and Hunter above Macrae. Excellent for judging performance.

I await Dahlhaus sticking it up those on this board and those that willingly let him go for nothing. Not that any will admit they were wrong.

Ah yes a list that includes Naughton at 4 and Hunter above Macrae. Excellent for judging performance.

I await Dahlhaus sticking it up those on this board and those that willingly let him go for nothing. Not that any will admit they were wrong.

I would wager 90% of people fully expect Dal to cream it at the cats.

Do you think Dahl was judged unfairly in 2017 and 2018 considering he finished sixth in 2016, fourth in 2015 and 2014? He didn't bring his A game in 17 and 18 and was judged accordingly.

I think this is as it should be as it's a reward from the coaches. Giving an A+ player plaudits for a B game is ridiculous but giving a D+ player plaudits for the B game makes far more sense.

He'll always be a BullGod and I thank him for his service.

BTW I'm positive he'll play great footy on the narrow Kardinia Park.

Do you think Dahl was judged unfairly in 2017 and 2018 considering he finished sixth in 2016, fourth in 2015 and 2014? He didn't bring his A game in 17 and 18 and was judged accordingly.

He'll always be a BullGod and I thank him for his service.

BTW I'm positive he'll play great footy on the narrow Kardinia Park.
No. I just don't think it's a good judge of a player's overall productivity relative to his peers. Nothing in the post you quoted contradicts that.

Because of the way Dahl plays, mad campaigner smashing into contest after contest against blokes on average 10 kg heavier than him, he was always gonna have a limited footballing life. It's why we all loved him so much, and it's why it hurts seeing him go. But he's slowed down and he doesn't bounce back to his feet like he used to. Which relegates him from a grader to a bog standard footballer.

If he can rediscover his desperation at geelong he might have a good season or two but he's a cooked yabbie I reckon.

I didn't want to lose Dahl but Ed Richards as a wingman really will overtake him sooner rather than later. Needs a couple of pre-seasons to build the tank but he'll get there.

Because of the way Dahl plays, mad campaigner smashing into contest after contest against blokes on average 10 kg heavier than him, he was always gonna have a limited footballing life. It's why we all loved him so much, and it's why it hurts seeing him go. But he's slowed down and he doesn't bounce back to his feet like he used to. Which relegates him from a grader to a bog standard footballer.

If he can rediscover his desperation at geelong he might have a good season or two but he's a cooked yabbie I reckon.
He's 26 and 10cm taller than Tony Liberatore who played the same way until his mid 30s.

He's 26 and 10cm taller than Tony Liberatore who played the same way until his mid 30s.
When Libba played midfielders weren't giants.

Michael Voss, who was a beast in 2001 was 183cm and 88kg.

Your comparison is plain misguided.

Dusty Martin is 187cm and 92kg. Our own Jack Macrae is 191cm and 85kg.

The Bont is 193cm and 93kg.

Dahl is giving away 15kg to the current big bodied midfielders.

And just in case you are confused, Libba was 77kg.

Can you do math? LOL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Libba played midfielders weren't giants.

Michael Voss, who was a beast in 2001 was 183cm and 88kg.

Your comparison is plain misguided.

Dusty Martin is 187cm and 92kg. Our own Jack Macrae is 191cm and 85kg.

The Bont is 193cm and 93kg.

Dahl is giving away 15kg to the current big bodied midfielders.

And just in case you are confused, Libba was 77kg.

Can you do math? LOL.
Can you? Voss weighed 4kg less than the highest you quoted. Wow! Such a difference. Especially considering he's more compact and solid than your average mid now. Libba was also 77 kg late in his career. He played most of his young days at 69ish.
Also btw Buckley and Ricciuto weighed at 91 and 93 kgs respectively while being a fair bit shorter than some of the premier mids today. Which probably adds to the idea that Libba played against more solid/muscular players as opposed to Dahlhaus who plays against slimmer taller mids.

Now stop being a condescending prick and actually discuss things rather than lol all over the place.

Last edited:
Libba never lost his appetite for the contest. Dahl seemed to have dropped off markedly in the past couple of years.

Hope for his sake he can rediscover it or he will play out his time in the VFL

Why do you say that . I will happily admit when I'm wrong , as I am sure many will.
Of course he is capable of playing good footy again , but I assume the only reason he is playing at the cats is he got a better offer.
I'm happy the club the club has not been to pay over what he perceived was his worth.

But for a dodgy goal umpiring decision he may well have
Not sure what point your trying to make ?
Point is he had more motivation to continue to push himself. I wonder if he would have become the what he did under Wallace if he had won one during his ball hunting days.

Neither did Buckley. Seems like you just like to argue.
And that has what to do with the price of fish in Denmark?

Why do you say that . I will happily admit when I'm wrong , as I am sure many will.
Of course he is capable of playing good footy again , but I assume the only reason he is playing at the cats is he got a better offer.
I'm happy the club the club has not been to pay over what he perceived was his worth.
Because he has become another scapegoat in an increasing line of scapegoats. And when we are scapegoating Dahlhaus we've lost the plot. He was a loyal, tough, warrior and his experience and ball winning will be missed.

For a AFL midfielder Dahl is one of the worst kicks I have seen.
No matter how you want to sugar coat it , it was Shizen .
Was told by a recruiter years ago when he was emerging that the reason they didn’t look at him was his kicking rather than his size. Reportedly the worst disposal by foot for any mid in the TAC for his draft year.

He improved enough to become very effective but really sucked by foot the last two years. Would rather have kept him for experience etc but pick 27 is fine as compo all things considered.

Seeing as you won’t be spending your weekends cheering the dogs on next season, i take it you’ll be at every Cats home game cheering Dahl on ?

Last edited:
A bit of Dahl performance info - bearing in mind he was carrying an injury for much of the year .........

Yojimbo said:
Top Ten Rated Bulldogs (AFL Fantasy Total and Average)

Total:
1- Macrae 2,330 points from 19 Games.
2- Hunter 2,214 points from 21 Games.
3- McLean 2,076 points from 22 Games. (Maximus)
4- Dunkley 1,820 points from 19 Games.
5- Bontempelli 1,752 points from 19 Games.
6- Johannisen 1,671 points from 22 Games. (Maximus)
7- Daniel 1,557 points from 20 Games.
8- Wallis 1,479 points from 18 Games.
9- Dahlhaus 1,336 points from 17 Games.
10- Crozier 1,253 points from 17 Games.

Average:
1- Macrae 122.6 points from 19 Games.
2- Hunter 105.4 points from 21 Games.
3- Dunkley 95.8 points from 19 Games.
4- McLean 94.4 points from 22 Games. (Maximus)
5- Bontempelli 92.2 points from 19 Games.
6- Suckling 88.0 points from 11 Games.
7- Wallis 82.2 points from 18 Games.
8- Williams 79.9 points from 14 Games.
9- Dahlhaus 78.6 points from 17 Games.
10- Daniel 77.9 points from 20 Games.

You're whole account seems to be about telling others how to support their team. Get off your high horse Charlie.
medical-charlie-charlie_horse-doctors-sick-diseases-jha0218_low.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back