Game Day Grand Final Matchday Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance JDG soberly watched Dusty in tonight’s brilliant GF performance and came away from it with new found resolve to leave no stone unturned in the pursuit of turning his potential into true, sustained dominance?

I’d like to think so but suspect his is surrounded by too many people pumping up his tyres and telling him he’s already in Dusty’s league.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Worse thing about this is that it creates a whole new generation of tigers fans, will be one of the biggest clubs for decades to come.
Yeah my 2 best mates. Never followed AFL in their lives. Rugby League guys that moved to Melbourne and jumped on the Richmond bandwagon last year. Now their kids have jumpers and it makes me sick.

Any chance JDG soberly watched Dusty in tonight’s brilliant GF performance and came away from it with new found resolve to leave no stone unturned in the pursuit of turning his potential into true, sustained dominance?

I’d like to think so but suspect his is surrounded by too many people pumping up his tyres and telling him he’s already in Dusty’s league.

I could be wrong, but I think Dusty was 25 when he first put together a really strong, consistent season. That’s 2021 for Jordy.

Jordy is just nowhere as good as Dusty.

I could be wrong, but I think Dusty was 25 when he first put together a really strong, consistent season. That’s 2021 for Jordy.

We’ll all be thrilled if you’re right. Dusty Martin or Jake Stringer - I wonder which he’ll turn into? Fingers crossed!

Disrespectful to Steele Sidebottom.
Cox ruined Richmond's four peat. Sidebottom spoiled our one peat.

Will we ever see a dynasty in the next 50 years?

******* hurts seeing 3 or 4 teams win flag after flag

Yep, with two premierships over the past 62 years, it’s amazing we’re still seen as a powerhouse club.

Actually, I think only our supporters, President and Board see us as a powerhouse. I don’t think AFL players at other clubs see us that way.

If Jordy had kicked another goal in 2018 and we then won he would have got the Norm Smith. That’s his only GF.

I know it’s all ifs, buts and maybes but he’s the only player we have, and one of about 3 in the whole league, that has capacity to do what Dusty just did.

When his dogshit dad got kicked out of the country.

We need to do the same with Roger!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worse thing about this is that it creates a whole new generation of tigers fans, will be one of the biggest clubs for decades to come.
Richmond are already a huge club, were in the 80's still are today. Wait for them to become irrelevant on-field and they will be just like Hawthorn is now.

We don't really want the bandwagoners anyway. We don't do faint-hearted support like Richmond and Hawthorn do.

If this is you peddling your trade grundy stuff again.......View attachment 994177
Haha yep. Grundy to Adelaide for pick 1 and Talia.
Welcome Logan McDonald and an extra mill in cap space.
Treloar to GC for pick 5 and Wright. There’s another $900k cap space less Wrights wage.
It starts now mofo. 🤣
Go hard or go home. 😂
Let’s move across to the trade thread before we highjack this one.

I think that Jordan De Goey shoud read John Power's great & insightful book "THE COACH" (which follows the up's & downs of North Melbourne's 1977 season) & especially the Ist chapter when Barassi during an early pre-season training session angrily confronts a group of players who were allegedly described in the media at the time as either havings lots of potential and/or talent & responds by saying "DO NOT TALK TO ME ABOUT POTENTIAL OR TALENT. THAT COMES OUT OF THE EYE OF YOUR FATHER'S C__K. WHAT IS CRITICAL IS HOW YOU APPLY & USE IT!" I think that there are a few footballers on our list who need to to read the latter & seriously think about it including JDG especially. Goodnight & good luck as we enter Nathan Buckley's 10th year as Collingwood coach.

Richmond are already a huge club, were in the 80's still are today. Wait for them to become irrelevant on-field and they will be just like Hawthorn is now.

We don't really want the bandwagoners anyway. We don't do faint-hearted support like Richmond and Hawthorn do.
Even with bandwagoners they still have heaps more fans than us.

Can anyone realistically see Richmond not winning it again next season?

they have no real "aging" players will take a minor miracle for someone to knock them off and win it.
If Rozee, Duursma and Butters all take leaps next year it could be Port. Ladhams, Georgiades, Farrell, Marshall and Houston are all 22 or younger too.

St Kilda could also be a sneaky chance if King and Marshall take the next leap and they add good free agents.

I think the Tiges had the easiest H&A run of any Victorian club by a fair whack

All I ask is, remember what Hawks supporters were like and don't be the same.
(Not holding my breath based on the last couple of years).
Was gona insert a "please explain" meme with Pauline Hanson...
Haha yep. Grundy to Adelaide for pick 1 and Talia.
Welcome Logan McDonald and an extra mill in cap space.
Treloar to GC for pick 5 and Wright. There’s another $900k cap space less Wrights wage.
It starts now mofo. 🤣
Go hard or go home. 😂
Let’s move across to the trade thread before we highjack this one.
You sound "high"...im carefully with spelling now that jlc hit me up😉🤦‍♂️🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back