Summer of cricket Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

2 out of 3 apparently, not day 1 but that’s fine (it’s annoying but it’s fine). Days 2 and 3.
So you’d hope we bowl day one and roll them after tea and come into day2 with both openers at the crease then

So you’d hope we bowl day one and roll them after tea and come into day2 with both openers at the crease then

Day 2 is always the best day see both teams bat (and hopefully don’t see us bowl much). Day 3 is the best day at the Sydney test

Like he was playing anyway

You don’t think they’d have thought about bringing him in for vihari or Agarwal?

He hasn’t cemented his spot when he’s had his chances by any means but he’s got a decent track record against Australia. Sharma is the obvious in but Rahul wouldn’t have been too far behind I wouldn’t have though.

What happened to Karun Nair does anyone know?

You don’t think they’d have thought about bringing him in for vihari or Agarwal?

He hasn’t cemented his spot when he’s had his chances by any means but he’s got a decent track record against Australia. Sharma is the obvious in but Rahul wouldn’t have been too far behind I wouldn’t have though.

What happened to Karun Nair does anyone know?

Can’t see them making too many changes. Would have expected Agarwal to play anyway

Me too I think he’s a good player and he did well in Australia last time but another failure in Sydney and he will be in the spotlight

Not as if Rahul is a great test player let’s be real.

Nowhere else obvious to ask this.

Was listening to a BBC preview of the year in cricket. England has test tours to Sri Lanka and India, then India at home and Australia at the end of the year for the Ashes. That's before anything else like IPL and the T20 World Cup, not to mention the UK hosting the world test championship (remember that?) final at Lords.

Can't help but thinking with bubble fatigue, we're going to see a big cutback in tours this year. England already bailed on South Africa and things aren't looking good with some players testing positive in Sri Lanka.

This may all be solved by the vaccine or Boris Johnston's government getting on top of coronavirus (hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....on forever), but maybe we'll have a year more like in the past with less cricket rather than more?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nowhere near Agarwal or even Shaw who I rate very meh

I was actually pretty disappointed they dropped Shaw. Not necessarily that they brought gill in, I just don’t see how they expect a kid like Shaw who obviously has natural talent, to flourish if he doesn’t get any continuity. Obviously he has some issues to work on but he’s not going to fix them if he’s only ever one match from the axe

I was actually pretty disappointed they dropped Shaw. Not necessarily that they brought gill in, I just don’t see how they expect a kid like Shaw who obviously has natural talent, to flourish if he doesn’t get any continuity. Obviously he has some issues to work on but he’s not going to fix them if he’s only ever one match from the axe

Those issues were in the four games too and Gill is a mile better bat

Nowhere else obvious to ask this.

Was listening to a BBC preview of the year in cricket. England has test tours to Sri Lanka and India, then India at home and Australia at the end of the year for the Ashes. That's before anything else like IPL and the T20 World Cup, not to mention the UK hosting the world test championship (remember that?) final at Lords.

Can't help but thinking with bubble fatigue, we're going to see a big cutback in tours this year. England already bailed on South Africa and things aren't looking good with some players testing positive in Sri Lanka.

This may all be solved by the vaccine or Boris Johnston's government getting on top of coronavirus (hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....on forever), but maybe we'll have a year more like in the past with less cricket rather than more?
Think I saw somewhere India play tests against England home and away, games at home and away against South Africa, limited overs games against Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe. The Asia Cup, IPL, T20 World Cup and WTC Final. If India are already complaining now I think we’ll see more and more players sit out this year. Families should be allowed to travel with players (not sure if they are or not) because they mightn’t be home all year. Hopefully our Aussie guys prioritise playing in the national side because it is inevitable the players will take breaks during the year and the IPL is the time to take those breaks.

I think he probably is but technical and footwork issues or not, if you hit a century and a 50 in your first few tests you need to be given some lattitude

Well Gill should have been in the side from test 1. Heck he’s better than Vilhari.

Think I saw somewhere India play tests against England home and away, games at home and away against South Africa, limited overs games against Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe. The Asia Cup, IPL, T20 World Cup and WTC Final. If India are already complaining now I think we’ll see more and more players sit out this year. Families should be allowed to travel with players (not sure if they are or not) because they mightn’t be home all year. Hopefully our Aussie guys prioritise playing in the national side because it is inevitable the players will take breaks during the year and the IPL is the time to take those breaks.

The windies fans - ficklest fan base on the planet - are blowing up about a handful of players pulling out of the Bangladesh tour. I don’t think people realise that these are not robots and they as much as anyone else on the planet, don’t want to spend the year basically isolated but with none of the lure of the home

The windies fans - ficklest fan base on the planet - are blowing up about a handful of players pulling out of the Bangladesh tour. I don’t think people realise that these are not robots and they as much as anyone else on the planet, don’t want to spend the year basically isolated but with none of the lure of the home
In this COVID era I don’t see the point of travelling to another country with 2 weeks quarantine just too play 3 T20S or ODI’s (Like what we did in England this year). They should try to have teams tour and play all three formats, playing a few limited overs games just seems a bit pointless.

From what they were saying, families can't go with them on tour. Talk already of Archer and Stokes playing just two of the four tests in India. Totally understandable, but devalues the game massively.

In this COVID era I don’t see the point of travelling to another country with 2 weeks quarantine just too play 3 T20S or ODI’s (Like what we did in England this year). They should try to have teams tour and play all three formats, playing a few limited overs games just seems a bit pointless.

West Indies have been pretty generous in being the first team to tour and then following it with another one so they deserve a bit of a reprieve

Could actually make an argument for abandoning international T20s and ODIs this year. Just play domestic T20s and tests. It's probably more likely that tests will get shafted. Covid could give the administrators the excuse they've been looking for to accelerate the death of test cricket.

Could actually make an argument for abandoning international T20s and ODIs this year. Just play domestic T20s and tests. It's probably more likely that tests will get shafted. Covid could give the administrators the excuse they've been looking for to accelerate the death of test cricket.
Agree tests should take priority, Only problem is the T20 World Cup is later this year so teams will probably want to play more T20S then usual.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back