Summer of cricket Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Imma just leave this here

Attachments

• 01A09AEC-7AA2-472C-AE7E-79858DBFD296.png
    01A09AEC-7AA2-472C-AE7E-79858DBFD296.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 120

Think I saw somewhere India play tests against England home and away, games at home and away against South Africa, limited overs games against Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe. The Asia Cup, IPL, T20 World Cup and WTC Final. If India are already complaining now I think we’ll see more and more players sit out this year. Families should be allowed to travel with players (not sure if they are or not) because they mightn’t be home all year. Hopefully our Aussie guys prioritise playing in the national side because it is inevitable the players will take breaks during the year and the IPL is the time to take those breaks.

Home and away test series between England and India this year? India toured England 2 years ago. Absolute gluttony by the two boards.

Could actually make an argument for abandoning international T20s and ODIs this year. Just play domestic T20s and tests. It's probably more likely that tests will get shafted. Covid could give the administrators the excuse they've been looking for to accelerate the death of test cricket.

they will be currently sitting around a board room table workshopping how to blame COVID for shifting to 4 day tests.

This may all be solved by the vaccine

surely all the players can just get the vaccine and be exempted from quaratine. Assuming the governments actually think rationally. Pakistan for example haven't the majority of their player group already had COVID?

Obviously there will be still be *******s like Mcgowan with an election close which will cause some issues.

Obviously there will be still be *******s like Mcgowan with an election close which will cause some issues.
Bemuses me how so many people can be so ungrateful for McGowan’s work during the pandemic.

As opposed to whinging for him doing the same?

Can’t have it both ways though. No issue with what McGowan is doing but you can’t be whinging when live sport isn’t going to Perth.

Can’t have it both ways though. No issue with what McGowan is doing but you can’t be whinging when live sport isn’t going to Perth.
I haven’t, and won’t. Couldn’t care less about live sport atm. It’s far down on the list of the priorities, and tbh other states could use the economic boost more than WA right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven’t, and won’t. Couldn’t care less about live sport atm. It’s far down on the list of the priorities, and tbh other states could use the economic boost more than WA right now.

That is fair enough and it’s a more than reasonable viewpoint.

High farce. Unsurprisingly.

it's great to see Rookwood on the banned list. Given the vast majority of its residents are under the ground (it's the largest cemetery in the country, with its own postcode) we don't want them muscling their way out of their graves and heading into the SCG.

the obvious conclusion is we should play more tests in Perth.

I think our next rain is due sometime in March

Forecast has changed, there might be a brief one tomorrow but that's it.

Forecast has changed, there might be a brief one tomorrow but that's it.

oh nice. Looks like there could be some cloud cover on day 1 which could make for some interesting decisions at the toss.

We haven't seen it yet but it would assume no shine on the ball means the middle overs are easier to bat on. Not sure we have seen much change in conditions but if there is going to be a pitch to show it, it will the SCG which has been a road of late.

oh nice. Looks like there could be some cloud cover on day 1 which could make for some interesting decisions at the toss.

We haven't seen it yet but it would assume no shine on the ball means the middle overs are easier to bat on. Not sure we have seen much change in conditions but if there is going to be a pitch to show it, it will the SCG which has been a road of late.

Wouldn't be the WORST toss to lose in fact it's a toss I doubt you'd want to win. That said in Sydney you are nuts bowling first usually, pitch gets progressively tougher especially if we get to day 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back