Bluemour Melting Pot XXXII - Reaching fever pitch! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The melts from oppo supporters in disbelief on how top players can still nominate Carlton are delicious.

#destinationclub

It's pretty impressive really...Cerra, Williams, Saad, Martin and Papley were all in-demand players and they chose us over the last few years.

We rarely lose players we want to keep either.

Imagine when we are actually a top team.

This week has been booooooring.

Let's see some crazy Vossy action! Let's have a crack for Taylor Walker and offer Cripps to Freo!

Any chance Voss can convince SPS to stay?

As much as many of us would love this outcome, is it pivotal to our future chances of success? I doubt it. As long as it's only fringe players that we're losing, we're doing ok.

The broken hip being stupid doing flips on a bike and not notifying the club and then trying to cover it up doesn't ring any alarm bells?

I have him pegged below Cerra as a footballer but that is subjective. I have him pegged a long, long way behind Cerra as a professional footballer.

Young guys doing stupid stuff after a few drinks doesn’t raise too many red flags, if it happens regularly it does, betting on AFL matches certainly does though. Lots of players in the past and in the future, will injure themselves on trampolines (Doc) recovering from an ACL, playing basketball (Charlie) whilst recovering from a serious knee injury, water skiing (wines), getting in to fights and all kinds of dumb stuff, it happens, it’s a part of life.

I was only commenting on your comment that Stephenson wasn’t comparable or in the same discussion as Cerra as a player, which I think you’re really underrating him, he’s also a really good player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The option for us to trade for 13 was never on the table. You're being disingenuous by suggesting we traded that pick. It's a leap of logic on an option never given to us.
Don't recall once saying we should have kept pick 13, we should have kept 26+28 tbf. End of the day I don't really care if people want to pretend like we didn't cough up a 1st round pick for him, had enough of this discussion which was originally about overpaying for players when we aren't in the window which covers the McGovern trade no matter which way you want to slice it.

Entirely new coaching group and a planned shift in competitive culture - I think whatever Teague had promised Williams as far as midfield time will be turfed, and if he wants midfield minutes he's going to have to earn them. And if Voss wants him off half back, that's where he'll be played.

I listened to the Cripps podcast on Dyl & Friends this morning. They both said that Williams is a jet but 'he's not the guy that will run a 2k time trial'. They both said he doesn't look fit but when he crosses the white line he makes up for it (paraphrasing).

It'll be interesting to see if they continue to try and run him through the midfield. I would think that if he wants to play mid next season, he'll have to step up, quickly.

I listened to the Cripps podcast on Dyl & Friends this morning. They both said that Williams is a jet but 'he's not the guy that will run a 2k time trial'. They both said he doesn't look fit but when he crosses the white line he makes up for it (paraphrasing).

It'll be interesting to see if they continue to try and run him through the midfield. I would think that if he wants to play mid next season, he'll have to step up, quickly.
Like to see more in the Wayne Harmes style. Defensive goalkicking utilty that can win a game in a burst in the middle but dont try to play him there all day.

Kennedy is one player I really want to make it. He has neat skills, tough as, fantastic mark and can kick a goal. If our midfield gets deep enough absolutely he can be a very valuable asset. Spending time in the midfield and up forward.
I like him as a job-share with Cripps. We should always have one of these 2 big blokes in the middle. Depending on matchups we can sometimes have both. The rest of the time we should play one forward.

Kennedy IMO is actually a better forward than Cripps due to his kicking (one of the best set shots in our team).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back