U18 Champs South Australia v Western Australia DOUBLE HEADER BABBBBBYYYYYY, Sunday 10th October from 11 AM ACDT

Remove this Banner Ad

U17 SOUTH AUSTRALIA v. WESTERN AUSTRALIA

Round 2 - 10/10/2021, 11:00am

Thebarton Oval

South Australia

B: W. Patton, P. Weckert, F. Reed
HB: J. Ryan, K. Marshall, J. Walker
C: L. Rawlinson, N. Sadler, T. Tattoli
HF: K. Cockshell, B. Tuck, K. Rypstra
F: J. Delean, T. Scully, T. Rahui
R: H. Barnett, T. Walls, A. McDonald
Int: M. Blacker, A. Lovelock, J. Magor, K. Ryan, R. Verrall
Emg: W. Dowling, I. Keeler, M. Michalanney

Western Australia

B: C. Carbone, D. Curtin, J. Hagan

HB: S. Gilbey, J. Busslinger, G. Julian

C: J. Baker, K. Bevan, K. Tholstrup

HF: E. Allan, N. Farrow, R. Hardeman

F: J. Cleaver, J. Draper, A. Condon

R: J. Broadbent, E. Hewett, D. Jones

Int: C. Bourne, J. Douglas, L. Michael, K. Sanchez, C. Williams

U19 SOUTH AUSTRALIA v. WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Round 11 - 10/10/2021, 1:30pm
Thebarton Oval

South Australia

B: M. Litster, Z. Becker, B. O'Loughlin
HB: J. Burgoyne, O. Adams, S. Linke
C: B. Calvett, A. D'Aloia, N. Wanganeen-Milera
HF: M. Ferres, L. Cooke, C. Kennedy
F: J. Owens, H. Lemmey, I. Dudley
R: O. Steene, M. Liddy, M. Roberts
Int: L. Grubb, H. Harrison, A. Lord, M. Michalanney, J. Parish
Emg: D. McGary, Z. Phillips, H. Stagg, L. Whitelum

Western Australia
B: F. Gorringe, J. McIlvinney, J. McVee
HB: R. Bazzo, J. Avery, B. Watson
C: A. Jones, K. Dittmar, C. Warner
HF: B. Hough, J. Williams, L. Paton
F: J. Motlop, E. Benning, E. Regan
R: J. Cripps, G. Sheldrick, T. Woewodin
Int: J. Browne, M. Chipper, Z. Fleiner, K. Harbour, L. Polson, J. Tunstill

Last edited by a moderator:
A high pressure game when the kids are playing for nothing but their draft position (and state pride) is a huge choice from these coaches.

Why I find it amusing all these pick swapping that is really meaningless! Next year's 2nd, 3rd round. Why punt or trade. Making for at least good conversation!

On RMX1941 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Perhaps some one knows the KPI's these highly paid (?) football department employees are judged by.

Great kick from Paton. There was no free kick there though, these umpires really have no idea either way.

I’ve been pretty negative about him for a while.

he’s the biggest draft age Sa name in these state games by some margin and he’s been well beaten by the wa mids (many of whom aren’t even well known names coming into these games)

he’s too slow.. and maybe if he was finding a tonne of it but he isn’t. And if he’s not finding time to use it, or quick enough to get out of packs at this level he isn’t doing it at afl level.

dunstan was barely wanted at afl level this off-season.

I’ve liked roberts hands in close in these state games, has picked out lanes in contests quickly and well, but that’s not nearly enough.

he’s on my must not draft list for port. He’s a poor fit next to wines and drew anyway.

another team could take a chance with a pick after 20 where the whole draft is going to have players with some question marks anyway.
I've been super keen on Roberts but starting to see what you've been saying 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best WA: Williams, Dittmar, Paton, Sheldrick, Watson, Gorringe
Best SA: Litster, Linke, Cooke, Roberts, Becker, D'Aloia

Wasn't a good game of football. WA struggled with SA's high pressure, but eventually had enough better players to get over the top. A lot of disappointing performances, also.

Best WA: Williams, Dittmar, Paton, Sheldrick, Watson, Gorringe
Best SA: Litster, Linke, Cooke, Roberts, Becker, D'Aloia

Wasn't a good game of football. WA struggled with SA's high pressure, but eventually had enough better players to get over the top. A lot of disappointing performances, also.
Arthur Jones was also good , kind of reminded me of Charlie Cameron in his draft year , few snippets of speed and class

anyone know anything more about him ?

The only wa players in line for a round1 pick were'nt playing.
Of the ones playing today..Williams, Sheldrick,Hough and Dittmar may go 2nd round.

Wow worst talent pool in 10 years.

I would be risking on vic metro kids for sure.

Thank god we get Darcy lol
Most of the higher rater kids from both sides weren't playing today, still think there's some good players available.

Wow worst talent pool in 10 years.

I would be risking on vic metro kids for sure.

Thank god we get Darcy lol

The standard of these WA v SA games (not just today) has been very underwhelming. It’s even more stark when you rewatch the couple of VM v VC games.

There was an article not long ago where an anonymous recruiter stated the bulk (edited) of draftees would come out of Victoria despite their lack of exposure.

At the moment that probably wouldn’t surprise me.

……………………………..
“THE bulk of the first 40 picks in this year’s AFL national draft are poised to
be used on Victorian prospects in a sign players from the state will not be disadvantaged despite a disastrous two years.

Data compiled by club recruiting departments shows potential Victorian draftees have played an average of just 6.7 games of football across the past two seasons due to Covid-19 lockdowns.

By contrast, most South Australian and West Australian counterparts have played between 20 and 35 matches over the same two-year period, having experienced largely uninterrupted seasons in the SANFL and WAFL.

Some Victorian draft prospects have become increasingly anxious their limited appearances will see them overlooked for more exposed interstate talent on draft night.

But multiple clubs said this would not be the case and confirmed Victorian players would feature very prominently in the draft.

About 15 of the top 20 picks are expected to come from Victoria, which is also poised to have strong representation in the second and third rounds. “We still think their talent is better than what we’re seeing elsewhere,” one recruiter said”

Last edited:
WA people tell me more Re Arthur Jones ?

Shocking footballer, won"t relocate well, poor skills undisciplined and off field issues..... you should not be interested in drafting him. ;)

Has only come up to Perth this year from Mt Barker ................. another interesting fact that been kept quiet......... his Mum is a Krakouer.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back