U18 Champs U18 Champs Round 3 - Vic Country v South Australia (June 18, 10:35am)

Remove this Banner Ad

Outside of H.Reid, the whole forward line just didn’t compete.

Really would’ve like to have seen Darcy Wilson through the midfield for Country too. Didn’t get much time in the guts.
Huh?

Falcons Rudd was more than competitive up forward.

The worry with Welsh is if he doesnt grow anymore and is already a big body will he ever progress
I understand that sentiment, but that’s exactly what was said about Fogarty. Welsh is a better overhead mark than Fog so I suspect that even if he only ends up as 190cm, he’ll play taller than that too. Still only 16.

I understand that sentiment, but that’s exactly what was said about Fogarty. Welsh is a better overhead mark than Fog so I suspect that even if he only ends up as 190cm, he’ll play taller than that too. Still only 16.

Yeah there’s no doubt he will be good but if gets to 194cm atleast he could be a star

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

we're going to be getting high picks for the next few years so there's no rush. if hr is head and shoulders about everyone else we should take him. simple as.

Yeah but if there is any sign of him wanting to stay in Victoria your best getting maximum pick for pick 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but if there is any sign of him wanting to stay in Victoria your best getting maximum pick for pick 1

Luke Shuey was a first round pick who went through terrible adversity when he was drafted from Melbourne , terrible back story.

He stayed.

Eagles have drafted a lot of young kids over last few years , they are just all playing wayyy too early due to the terrible injury’s and medical team.

J Culley, Burgiel , Maric , Long have all been drafted from Vic over the last 18 months.

It’s not like they will make Reid wear a Vic jersey whilst training on his own… he will be embraced by the other young Vic kids we’ve picked up.

Luke Shuey was a first round pick who went through terrible adversity when he was drafted from Melbourne , terrible back story.

He stayed.

Eagles have drafted a lot of young kids over last few years , they are just all playing wayyy too early due to the terrible injury’s and medical team.

J Culley, Burgiel , Maric , Long have all been drafted from Vic over the last 18 months.

It’s not like they will make Reid wear a Vic jersey whilst training on his own… he will be embraced by the other young Vic kids we’ve picked up.
Bit of a difference

But i agree eagles will likely back themselves in unless he says to the club, i no way want to be here and will leave as soon as my contract is up in 24 months and try get home in 12 months

I think 3 picks equating 25 will be hard to turn down

There is also a very strong likelihood eagles are taking non local products with the 2 picks they get for 1 this year anyway

Bit of a difference

But i agree eagles will likely back themselves in unless he says to the club, i no way want to be here and will leave as soon as my contract is up in 24 months and try get home in 12 months

I think 3 picks equating 25 will be hard to turn down

There is also a very strong likelihood eagles are taking non local products with the 2 picks they get for 1 this year anyway
I get there was a difference , but the Eagles board will know how upset the supporters are after these last few years , not much of a better instant pick up then the Number 1 pick debuting round 1 next year .

We split picks up this year due to rating Hewett highly and knowing a Tim Kelly miss would cost us again , but it’s not an Eagles “trend”

He stayed.

Yeah I don’t doubt that but you might want to split again to get more must needed youth in the club but passing on Harley Reid is a risky move

Yeah I don’t doubt that but you might want to split again to get more must needed youth in the club but passing on Harley Reid is a risky move

I agree with the whole getting more youth in , but let’s say it’s Pick 5 and Pick 7 … one of those potentially could be a bust therefore meaning we are in no better position.

Take the sure thing and hope to get a diamond as the first pick of the second round.

Not sure if Reid is head and shoulders above anymore. Some players are rapidly closing the gap.

Reid didn't look in great physical shape either

Last edited:
Not sure if Reid is head and shoulders above anymore. Some players are rapidly closing the gap.

Reid looked a bit chubby too
That is the WRONG thing to say..as a WCE fan you should be saying Reid looks the best prospect you have ever seen and it will take 4 1sts to tempt the eagles to part with pick 1 if it plays out that way;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back