"Not allowed to wear long sleeves" at Hawthorn - Why?

Remove this Banner Ad

After their first encounter with the footy, yeah. Ever played an actual game before champ? Or were you one of those seagulls who sat in the forward pocket waiting for crumbs?

All positions. Sometimes it gets ******* cold. Sure, we aren't racking up the professional miles, but your assertion that if you're cold you aren't working hard enough is ridiculous.

What next, ban showers? Ice baths only?

All positions. Sometimes it gets ******* cold. Sure, we aren't racking up the professional miles, but your assertion that if you're cold you aren't working hard enough is ridiculous.

What next, ban showers? Ice baths only?
No it isn't, when have you honestly ever been cold on the footy field?

You should be warm enough after the warm up as it is

Unless you play FB on a fat arse who doesn't leave the goal square, and your team is in complete control, then you shouldn't be cold

No it isn't, when have you honestly ever been cold on the footy field?

You should be warm enough after the warm up as it is

Unless you play FB on a fat arse who doesn't leave the goal square, and your team is in complete control, then you shouldn't be cold

Have done that a few times. Have also played in low single digit temperatures where it didn't matter how much time I spend in the centre crashing in to bodies and diving in to packs.

Admittedly too, skins and other compression apparel is a lot more common, along with nearly every AFL player getting strapping. These will keep players warm more than the bare skin on guernsey.

I changed at half many times where I became too hot. It goes both ways.

Have done that a few times. Have also played in low single digit temperatures where it didn't matter how much time I spend in the centre crashing in to bodies and diving in to packs.

Admittedly too, skins and other compression apparel is a lot more common, along with nearly every AFL player getting strapping. These will keep players warm more than the bare skin on guernsey.

I changed at half many times where I became too hot. It goes both ways.
Yeah... Nah... Ain't working hard enough mate.

They wouldn't play, if they said I'm wearing long sleeves and that's that, they'd be sent home and the emergency would come in.

One soldier replaces another and all that.

And try justifying that to the members and the key stakeholders, sponsors etc who pay millions of dollars.

Imagine a player like Cyril or Mitchell or Lewis or Rough being dropped for that reason and then the player asks to leave at season's end. Imagine explaining that one.

Not to mention the AFLPA having a field day with the mis-treatment.

Btw I love the coaches non negotiable call. Imagine Carlton's new coach made them tuck their shirts in and all have socks up with white or black boots. Guarantee a hardarse like that would get what he wants out of blokes.

Or they'd just think he's an utter w*nker and tune him out straight away.

It's amusing how many are taking it as a personal affront that Clarkson is somehow labelling their players soft because of some rule for whatever reason he has implemented at the Hawks. Talk about being precious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And try justifying that to the members and the key stakeholders, sponsors etc who pay millions of dollars.

Imagine a player like Cyril or Mitchell or Lewis or Rough being dropped for that reason and then the player asks to leave at season's end. Imagine explaining that one.

Not to mention the AFLPA having a field day with the mis-treatment.

Something like "player A didnt comply with team rules so wasn't considered for selected."

Kind of surprised that a club or team can still have such success with these kind of idiotic beliefs and practices.

Like the time he took the players phones off them to get them to focus? It is hardly idiotic. I have deliberately worn short sleeves on cold days with the hope of gaining a small psychological advantage.

Like the time he took the players phones off them to get them to focus? It is hardly idiotic. I have deliberately worn short sleeves on cold days with the hope of gaining a small psychological advantage.

Or the time Waugh made the Australian Cricket Team run between wickets over in Pakistan in 40 degree heat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back