Game Day 2022 Trade Period Match Thread

Have you installed a Rheem or felt the loving embrace of Continental Tyres safely guide your trip?

• Having a shower in my Rheem right now

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • No, what a stupid poll

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • YOU DONT KNOW ME

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Luke Jackson

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I know mate, I was asking if that poster (or anyone for that matter) believes we can win a flag if Lobb goes in the next few years because we're talking about our flag window being open
I absolutely do believe we can win a flag without Lobb. 100% certain we can.
You’d swear he was Wayne Carey the way some people are going on about him.
By 2024, Amiss alone will be a better player than Peak Rory Lobb in 2022. I’m certain of that.
Also - if Lobb stays amiss will spend most of the year at peel!
Anyway it’s a moot point. Lobb will be a bulldogs player at 5pm tomorrow and good riddance to a guy that never could truly be trusted to deliver for us when the chips were down, and isn’t going to magically change when he turns 30.

This Trade thingy is totally cactus , ******* drug test the campaigners with their hands on the controls for s sake before the ****** imbeciles drive us straight over a mother ******* cliff

Jaguar O’Mera ??????

WTF

acres for 🥜’s

Louge for 🥜’s

Bent over for Jackson

And now we are gonna overpay for that useless campaigner Jayden Omega

GO * YOURSELF BELL YOU ******* DICKHEAD
Noah Centineo Chef GIF by Allure

Last edited:
It's more the weird prejudice that many have on here. There is genuine panic about this one but really, outside the Hawthorn nuffies, this seems to be a bit of offload from the Hawks for either salary or long term planning reasons.

For whatever reason I'm not getting the vibe that this will be a costly trade. I mean, we don't exactly have much bloody currency after the Jackson trade anyway to sell the farm with...
Personally, I would rather us hold on to Meek. Based on their asking price, we would most likely be giving up Meek and a pick.

This Trade thingy is totally cactus , ******* drug test the campaigners with their hands on the controls for s sake before the ****** imbeciles drive us straight over a mother ******* cliff

Jaguar O’Mera ??????

WTF

acres for 🥜’s

Louge for 🥜’s

Bent over for Jackson

Geez bit much.

JOM is one of the most professional guys in the AFL. He’s in that Brayshaw, Neale, Fyfe level in terms of prep, life outside footy etc.

"Newcombe didn’t only go from Poowong to Box Hill to Hawthorn, he went from Poowong to Toorak when he was drafted by the Hawks, moving in with poster boy O'Meara in the second half of last season. And it was there, under the same roof as the stand-in captain where he learnt some of the finer details about life in the AFL.

The first meal that Newcombe whipped up was a scalloped potato dish that was layered with cream. It went down a treat, but not without O'Meara suggesting that dish be removed from the repertoire, at least in-season. Newcombe took it on board and still smiles about the gentle reminder that he isn’t playing country footy anymore.

"I went from Poowong to Toorak; fair change of scenery. It was pretty cool to live with Jaeger. He's got a nice place and he eats well; he is a professional athlete that’s for sure, he doesn’t look the way he does for no reason," he said.

"To get the insight off him was great, how to prepare on game day and days leading in. He taught me there and then about the shoulds and shouldn'ts he's been massive in showing me the way. I can't thank him enough for what he was able to do for me at the start of the year."

Jaguar O’Mera ??????

WTF

acres for 🥜’s

Louge for 🥜’s

Bent over for Jackson

Wowee you really circled back and jumped the full shark on this one didn't ya champ.

Great family, if he gets here- I will be stoked for him….

IF he gets to Freo, be my guest to join me at the game and we can watch him together…I reckon you might change your mind….be interesting to get some expert pointers that the family can give him from punters like us.
I have watched him intently for 10 + years, wishing he had landed with us initially and then he did his knee - but stuff me - spanners on here saying he is a spud are simply I’ll informed, knee jerk analysis with bugger all exposure to what he is capable of….gotta love it.
As long as the price isn’t high, I hope we get him.
Point is, if Walls, Bell and JLo rate him, I back them in - not my bias or anyone here….
It’s a great divisive discussion though…😄
Completely disagree with you, and no I won't be joining you to watch him play. Under any circumstances for any reason.

I've spent too many years watching supposed messiahs who are actually washed up overpaid mature agers from other clubs join us for trades of high picks. And seen them deny the likes of Menegola from getting opportunities.

I have no interest in JOM and have no positive view, under any circumstance, of him joining us. If he does join us I will not be paying any attention to any games he plays for us. We have much young talent to celebrate, JOM is not a valuable resource, and giving up picks for him does nothing except delight Hackdorn, Colon Young and Zempilas.

When I watch Freo it will be to watch our young future, not someone like JOM. A crippled Mundy would be a far better and more culturally valuable option for us than JOM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I absolutely do believe we can win a flag without Lobb. 100% certain we can.
You’d swear he was Wayne Carey the way some people are going on about him.
By 2024, Amiss alone will be a better player than Peak Rory Lobb in 2022. I’m certain of that.
Also - if Lobb stays amiss will spend most of the year at peel!
Anyway it’s a moot point. Lobb will be a bulldogs player at 5pm tomorrow and good riddance to a guy that never could truly be trusted to deliver for us when the chips were down, and isn’t going to magically change when he turns 30.
Personally think you're way too harsh on Lobb. He had a fantastic season and delivered plenty of times, in big games too this year

I do like your optimism though. I too rate Amiss very highly, but I don't agree he'll play at Peel if Lobb stays.

Our forward line without him is trash, so another season with him while Amiss, Treacy and Jackson continue to develop would be amazing. We shouldn't trade Lobb and people that say he sooks it up.....he literally just had a career best season after he wanted to leave, so no, he actually has proven he'll be professional

Completely disagree with you, and no I won't be joining you to watch him play. Under any circumstances for any reason.

I've spent too many years watching supposed messiahs who are actually washed up overpaid mature agers from other clubs join us for trades of high picks. And seen them deny the likes of Menegola from getting opportunities.

I have no interest in JOM and have no positive view, under any circumstance, of him joining us. If he does join us I will not be paying any attention to any games he plays for us. We have much young talent to celebrate, JOM is not a valuable resource, and giving up picks for him does nothing except delight Hackdorn, Colon Young and Zempilas.

When I watch Freo it will be to watch our young future, not someone like JOM. A crippled Mundy would be a far better and more culturally valuable option for us than JOM.

But what do you really think?

Personally, I would rather us hold on to Meek. Based on their asking price, we would most likely be giving up Meek and a pick.
I'm more inclined to let Meek go for a pick and start rebuilding our cachè but honestly if O'Meara comes for Meek and token late pick I'm not looking that gift horse in the mouth. Of what we currently have, only North's F2 would make me join the salt mines in here. Otherwise I just don't think we have anything valuable enough to care too much about.

To be super clear, if this was a trade for 2019 JOM, for a first rounder, I'd be all in.

2023 JOM isn't worth a fourth rounder, especially given the salary he ties up.
I won't get into his impact on the team dynamic and youthful positivity.

To be super clear, if this was a trade for 2019 JOM, for a first rounder, I'd be all in.

2023 JOM isn't worth a fourth rounder, especially given the salary he ties up.
I won't get into his impact on the team dynamic and youthful positivity.
Did he steal your girlfriend or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back