Damien Hardwick says "I don’t have to remind anyone in this room what our track record is against the Cats on the biggest stage”

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richmond happened to play very average sides during their 3 flags which is the big knock stopping them from sitting with geelong Brisbane hawthorn
What you fail to remember (and this is a problem all opposition supporters have) is that Richmond was an average bunch o' players as evidenced by the lack of AA representation during our domination of the AFL (even Jack Reiwoldt referred to us once as "not the most talented bunch") compared to the other "dynasty" teams.

Champion team that needed a rule change to be brought in to help their opponents move the ball quicker (in particular special needs Geelong).

The other dynasty teams were teams of champions that were left to go about their buisness unhindered.

I'm only posting in the hope this thread can eventually overtake the Hawthorn racism thread for number of posts.

I'm only posting in the hope this thread can eventually overtake the Hawthorn racism thread for number of posts.
Well if the Geelong supporters didn't take exception with Richmond fans (like me) agreeing with what Dimma said it would never of got this far, so it really is up to them how long this thread can go.
If you want it to go longer though than you gotta talk about the screwjob at the GABBA. Why did the AFL when presented with a choice between doing the right thing and "guessing" did they choose the latter?
Why when Gerard Whateley let us all know that the AFL haven't got the technology to overrule the umpire in the Lynch case did the AFL choose to guess, and with that guess, prompt the Geelong supporters to have to convince themselves that the AFL do have the technology, when they don't?

It seems to me that for a Geelong supporter to admit Richmond was screwed is to ask why, why would the AFL want to screw Richmond and give Brisbane one last chance for Richmond to kill Richmond?

Richmond,a team so good,they had to change the rules to stop them.
CFL
The ARC was brought in specifically to humiliate Richmond on the big stage too.

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

The ARC was brought in specifically to humiliate Richmond on the big stage too.

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg
What happened with the ARC at the GABBA is either right or wrong, you either don't have the technology to overrule the umpire, or you do, and honest people like me and Gerard Whateley say it's wrong, and that the AFL don't have the technology to overrule the umpire in the Lynch case.
Why you Geelong supporters feel the need to make light of the GABBA screw job is in my opinion telling.

This is what I'm talking about, why do you Geelong supporters feel the need to make light of the GABBA screw job?
Because your fellow Tiger posters keep telling us it is part of a conspiracy to stop Richmond FC being successful.

It’s truly amazing that in a century of football and the annual rule changes that take place in every off season, only one of them was designed to stop a particular team being successful.
You're looking at it all wrong, not "stop," but prompt teams (in particular special needs Geelong) to move the ball quicker, when previously only Richmond could in David King's expert opinion.

Loved our win over Essendon in 95. But I largely didn’t follow footy in that period. No self-respecting bandwagon supporter is going to follow his club through such thin times knowing when there are runs of flags to be had you can just climb on board and be deliriously happy. 😁
I was a member at that game. To this day I wonder what may of been if a Richo that had his kicking boots on in '95 didn't do his knee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another bogus alias poster, I see. Do you have a roster going at the Richmond board to get as many Tiger posters to perpetuate the "woe is us" conspiracy?
If you have followed this thread you know that I've commented here under many usernames, I just keep getting banned for some reason!

I'd still be Majstore if not for these meddling mods.

If you have followed this thread you know that I've commented here under many usernames, I just keep getting banned for some reason!

I'd still be Majstore if not for these meddling mods.
LOL

What you fail to remember (and this is a problem all opposition supporters have) is that Richmond was an average bunch o' players as evidenced by the lack of AA representation during our domination of the AFL (even Jack Reiwoldt referred to us once as "not the most talented bunch") compared to the other "dynasty" teams.

Champion team that needed a rule change to be brought in to help their opponents move the ball quicker (in particular special needs Geelong).

The other dynasty teams were teams of champions that were left to go about their buisness unhindered.
What are you on about?? The only rule change occurred because of Hawks rushing the ball in 2008 granny. Our 3 flag dynasty no rule changes occurred.

I wanted LESS from the media. DH deserved the same treatment as GR, but far more was written and spoken about about him, with far more moralising (which I don’t actually care for).
It’s about right given one is a huge profile coach the other is just an average good player. Of cause the coach is going to get more attention

What happened with the ARC at the GABBA is either right or wrong, you either don't have the technology to overrule the umpire, or you do, and honest people like me and Gerard Whateley say it's wrong, and that the AFL don't have the technology to overrule the umpire in the Lynch case.
Why you Geelong supporters feel the need to make light of the GABBA screw job is in my opinion telling.
As his twin brother once famously said, 'Mission Accomplished!'.

-0911d838-dbf4-4713-aa89-9f28c98c3c12.jpeg

Not long til the mods going to merge this thread with the cheating umps thread

Good post.
But Tiges don't have trouble scoring, but do have probs with score against. That will need to be resolved.
We're all hoping that having a midfield group that can actually gain a clearance advantage (let alone stopping the oppo midfield walking it out of the stoppage) will help the team defense massively. The way the game is played now we can't simply rely on winning it back as our 1 wood anymore. Taranto and Hopper will be huge for us along with Prestia in winning first use. Our forward line was #1 in the comp over home and away for scoring, if we can limit scores against, we should be right up there next season IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back